Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been brought up ad nauseum, but does anyone know the availability of king beds at WL these days? We have reservations set for late October, and I’d definitely like a king bed as I’m on the larger side, and I’d like both myself and my wife to feel comfortable.

There are still rooms with King beds available, both as standard and handicapped accessible rooms. The issue is there are only about half as many how that half of the resort has been converted to Copper Creek Villas. If you are willing to have a shower instead of a traditional tub, being open to a handicapped accessible room increases your chances of getting a King Bed. We had one of these room (in the North wing) for our honeymoon and enjoyed it, despite at first being disappointed that it didn't have a tub.

If you paid cash to Disney Reservation Center, you get a daily full cleaning. If you paid cash to DVC, you are treated like a points stay; your room is serviced every four days.
I paid cash to the Disney Reservation Center so that means we get fully daily cleaning with soaps, etc..

THANKS!!!!

Just wondering if anyone’s heard if those soap dispensers are going to be installed in the bathrooms at WL. I’ve seen reports that they were installed at Pop and POFQ :crazy2:

There are still rooms with King beds available, both as standard and handicapped accessible rooms. The issue is there are only about half as many how that half of the resort has been converted to Copper Creek Villas. If you are willing to have a shower instead of a traditional tub, being open to a handicapped accessible room increases your chances of getting a King Bed. We had one of these room (in the North wing) for our honeymoon and enjoyed it, despite at first being disappointed that it didn't have a tub.

Thanks so much for the information! It's not a deal-breaker for us to have a handicapped-accessible room, though I'd prefer a bathtub. (On my last trip, many years ago, I had a tub in my WL king room when I got some dread flu-like plague, and the hot bathtub was a godsend.) But I definitely understand scarcity.

I had my TA mention our preference for a king room when we snagged our reservations a couple months ago. I know that one used to FAX their preferences to the resort itself a few days before you arrived, to help facilitate getting the room you wanted. Is something like that still recommended?

I had my TA mention our preference for a king room when we snagged our reservations a couple months ago. I know that one used to FAX their preferences to the resort itself a few days before you arrived, to help facilitate getting the room you wanted. Is something like that still recommended?

As long as your requests have been added to your reservation, nothing else you need to do. It won't up your odds by faxing also.

Just wondering if anyone’s heard if those soap dispensers are going to be installed in the bathrooms at WL. I’ve seen reports that they were installed at Pop and POFQ :crazy2:
Currently, there are no plans to install them in deluxe resorts. . .naturally, that can change overnight. My guess is that if Disney can save money with them (and the test runs at the other resorts will show this one way or the other), then deluxe resorts will get them, as well, some time down the road.

We are staying in a Copper Creek Studio Villa next month and I think (from what I can tell) only queen beds are available in those rooms. Anyone have any experience with a king bed studio?

Also, I've noticed online some photos/videos of the studio villas where the layout of the room actually separates the bed area into almost a separate room of its own (it is not a 1BR but rather a studio that appears to be a corner room and so the "bed room" area is almost behind the bathroom, separated from the living room.) I would love to request this but have no idea how to explain it. I wonder if there are particular room numbers?

We are staying in a Copper Creek Studio Villa next month and I think (from what I can tell) only queen beds are available in those rooms. Anyone have any experience with a king bed studio?

Also, I've noticed online some photos/videos of the studio villas where the layout of the room actually separates the bed area into almost a separate room of its own (it is not a 1BR but rather a studio that appears to be a corner room and so the "bed room" area is almost behind the bathroom, separated from the living room.) I would love to request this but have no idea how to explain it. I wonder if there are particular room numbers?

There are no studios with King beds (that's first on my wishlist for changes to the villas! Of course it will never happen.) You have to go up to the larger villas - 1 and 2BR's to get a king bed in the master bedroom.

The odd studio that you are referring to is the "alternate studio". I'm sure one of the most requested layouts there is and there's only a handful or less of them. They do seem to have the tubs so if you have a studio with a walk in shower reserved you would not end up in one of these rooms.

There are no studios with King beds (that's first on my wishlist for changes to the villas! Of course it will never happen.) You have to go up to the larger villas - 1 and 2BR's to get a king bed in the master bedroom.

The odd studio that you are referring to is the "alternate studio". I'm sure one of the most requested layouts there is and there's only a handful or less of them. They do seem to have the tubs so if you have a studio with a walk in shower reserved you would not end up in one of these rooms.

Thanks! I will try calling today to request an "alternate studio". Should I try to get in touch with the hotel directly or just reach out to the 800 number?

Thanks! I will try calling today to request an "alternate studio". Should I try to get in touch with the hotel directly or just reach out to the 800 number?

The room numbers for alternate studios are x115, where x is the floor number, from 2 through 7. That means there are approximately 6 of them, out of 78 possible studio rooms (when you consider the dedicated studios and the 2 bedroom lockoffs). They are not a separately bookable category so they may be quite hard to get, but it is worth a try.

We rely on having our requests noted in the reservation by calling the 1 800 number, and don't attempt any other direct resort contact.

The room numbers for alternate studios are x115, where x is the floor number, from 2 through 7. That means there are approximately 6 of them, out of 78 possible studio rooms (when you consider the dedicated studios and the 2 bedroom lockoffs). They are not a separately bookable category so they may be quite hard to get, but it is worth a try.

We rely on having our requests noted in the reservation by calling the 1 800 number, and don't attempt any other direct resort contact.

Thank you! This is unbelievably helpful.

I agree that this is a gross and sad idea. Haven’t heard anything about them coming to WL, was relieved that my just finished stay at Riverside did not feature this locker room style amenity. I received the H2O 2 ounce larger tubes that used to be in suites and sometimes CL at both Riverside and Poly DVC. Riverside did not include shower gel. The scent was the same for both, like the sea marine line but different packaging and name.

I agree that this is a gross and sad idea. Haven’t heard anything about them coming to WL, was relieved that my just finished stay at Riverside did not feature this locker room style amenity. I received the H2O 2 ounce larger tubes that used to be in suites and sometimes CL at both Riverside and Poly DVC. Riverside did not include shower gel. The scent was the same for both, like the sea marine line but different packaging and name.
Yes, I think the shampoo was the same I’ve got at GF. Different conditioner. I hope it’s not coming to the deluxe. For the price they are charging for any resort these shouldn’t be there!

I was at Woodloch Pines Spa in PA this summer and all the private shower rooms at the spa had these. I guess I didn't think twice about them. And I like trying all their products. I get thinking of people tampering them, but it has got to cut down on waste and the need to service the private showers at a place like that. Which is not exactly comparable with servicing a hotel room once a day. That said, I like pulling an H20 product out of my stash every once in a while for a little Disney at home. It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but something to get used to.

I was at Woodloch Pines Spa in PA this summer and all the private shower rooms at the spa had these. I guess I didn't think twice about them. And I like trying all their products. I get thinking of people tampering them, but it has got to cut down on waste and the need to service the private showers at a place like that. Which is not exactly comparable with servicing a hotel room once a day. That said, I like pulling an H20 product out of my stash every once in a while for a little Disney at home. It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but something to get used to.
Save the bottles that you have at home and refill them when you get to Disney. You'll need a really tiny funnel though.

a
We spent 3 nights in a CCV studio with shower. Two adults, and we kept the sofa bed out and made up the entire time. Plenty of room and we loved the room. .

SW

Hi! Can you tell me how far CCV are from the lobby of the main building?

Just got back from our first stay as DVC owners at Copper Creek. We could not have been more pleased. Our studio was spacious, bed was comfy, and lighting/outlets were convenient and well-placed. Our bathroom was beautiful as well. Mousekeeping was excellent too. The Lodge itself has always been a favorite of ours for so many reasons--we just have more now!
Can you tell me how far CCV are from the main entrance of WL?

Can you tell me how far CCV are from the main entrance of WL?

The regular CCV rooms are in the South half of the main resort building, so some of them actually open to the lobby and others are down a hallway from it. At most it is a couple minute walk. The cabins are along the shoreline, and are all beyond the end of the hallways. These can be a 5-10 minute walk from the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!