Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we leave tomorrow for our return trip to WL (BRV specifically). This time, instead of renting, we are now owners!

Can anyone tell me if they have coffee filters for sale at the mercantile? I forgot to buy them at the store and Prime Now has no option for them. And I will need more coffee than is provided.

TIA

So we leave tomorrow for our return trip to WL (BRV specifically). This time, instead of renting, we are now owners!

Can anyone tell me if they have coffee filters for sale at the mercantile? I forgot to buy them at the store and Prime Now has no option for them. And I will need more coffee than is provided.

TIA
You should be able to buy coffee filters and coffee at the Mercantile. Or hit up Publix.

Any experience/insight regarding how early the boat begins to start transporting guests to Magic Kingdom? We have early morning magic booked one day.

Thanks

Any experience/insight regarding how early the boat begins to start transporting guests to Magic Kingdom? We have early morning magic booked one day.

Thanks
The boat starts to run 30 minutes before park opening. I'm not sure if it starts running in time for early morning magic, but the bus would be running that early.

The boat starts to run 30 minutes before park opening. I'm not sure if it starts running in time for early morning magic, but the bus would be running that early.

Thank you so much. We will plan to take the bus or drive over then. Appreciate the help.

Thanks
The resort launches start running at 6:45 for the loop between the WL, FW and the Contemporary on the Blue Flag loop. You could take the launch and then a short walk directly to the MK. Note as @Wood Nymph indicated the direct boat (Red Flag) from the WL to the MK usually starts 30 minutes before the scheduled park opening.

Dave

The resort launches start running at 6:45 for the loop between the WL, FW and the Contemporary on the Blue Flag loop. You could take the launch and then a short walk directly to the MK. Note as @Wood Nymph indicated the direct boat (Red Flag) from the WL to the MK usually starts 30 minutes before the scheduled park opening.

Dave

Thank you. The boat and walk might work out great for us.

Love the new merchandise! I agree with being careful with washing items. I got a long sleeve back in Sept and I believe it is an XL (I normally wear a medium). It looked small there and has shrunk a bit in the wash. I won't be back anytime soon. I will have to see if anything is available on the app.

Love the new merchandise! I agree with being careful with washing items. I got a long sleeve back in Sept and I believe it is an XL (I normally wear a medium). It looked small there and has shrunk a bit in the wash. I won't be back anytime soon. I will have to see if anything is available on the app.

Like the new merchandise too and think that for some reason they have started sizing for the seven dwarfs and not normal humans. My normal size of medium for the past few years now is large or extra large and I have stayed the same shape:confused3

Just some info for what it's worth...Called to book yesterday at WL for December-ish time frame (I have a room already, just needed another).

The cast member informed me that they are at "negative bookings", which means, they have over-booked for the time frame of, approx, Nov 30th, through Dec 19th.

We will be staying in a Copper Creek 2 bedroom villa. What is the best view to request? Can we see fireworks from the 2 bedroom villas?

Just some info for what it's worth...Called to book yesterday at WL for December-ish time frame (I have a room already, just needed another).

The cast member informed me that they are at "negative bookings", which means, they have over-booked for the time frame of, approx, Nov 30th, through Dec 19th.
This concerns me, most crowd predictors show these dates as fairly low attendance..... We will be here during that period and I've had a very hard time with ADRs at 180 days :/

This concerns me, most crowd predictors show these dates as fairly low attendance..... We will be here during that period and I've had a very hard time with ADRs at 180 days :/

Resort occupancy has very little affect on park attendance.

I think it’s more likely because Free Dining is being offered.

Sorry can you explain what negative bookings means. We are booked during that time frame for our first trip to wdw. We waited an extra year for the renovations to be complete so we could go to wilderness lodge and would be really disappointed if we had to move. Is this a possibility?

We will be staying in a Copper Creek 2 bedroom villa. What is the best view to request? Can we see fireworks from the 2 bedroom villas?
Congratulations! Copper Creek is great, and 2 bedrooms have so much space. You'll have the amount of space of three regular hotel rooms, with two bathrooms and that super tub...
Anyway, as far as bookable views go they are all considered courtyard view, since they overlook either pool courtyard depending on which side of the wing they are on. Your fireworks view would be limited, since the other wing of the hotel is between your room and the fireworks, but your best shot would be with a high floor room on the North side of the wing, so that it overlooks the main pool. There are two bedroom villas on floors 2 through 7, but be aware that all the 7th floor rooms and the 6th floor rooms at the East end of the wing (where they are the top floor in that section) have enclosed balconies that make it harder to see out for kids or adults when seated.
If you wind up without a fireworks view from your room, you can always walk over to the North wing to see them or you can head down to Geyser Point where they play the music from the show as well. Enjoy your trip!

Sorry can you explain what negative bookings means. We are booked during that time frame for our first trip to wdw. We waited an extra year for the renovations to be complete so we could go to wilderness lodge and would be really disappointed if we had to move. Is this a possibility?
I'm curious about the "negative bookings" term too, but in general I don't think you have much to worry about. Disney takes great care of its guests, and since you have a reservation I'm sure they will be able to find a way to accommodate you at WL. It does show that with the reduced capacity of the resort it will more frequently fill up, especially during a time of the year where WL is in high demand. Who wouldn't want to be there over the holidays? I have confidence that if the resort were overbooked it would be resolved in a manner that was favorable to the guests. With a full resort you might not have as much luck with specific location requests, but you will get a room in the category you booked or better. Don't worry, and enjoy planning your long awaited trip.

It is unlikely that you would be asked to move to a different resort. I would speculate that the resort would get enough cancellations to make up for the over booking. But in the rare instance that they have to contact guests to ask if they would be willing to move to a different resort you could decline the offer.

We had a situation where we were asked to move to the Grand Floridian from the Beach Club because the BC was overbooked. We were offered a big discount to move so we accepted it. But we could have said no. It was a December trip, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!