Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry can you explain what negative bookings means. We are booked during that time frame for our first trip to wdw. We waited an extra year for the renovations to be complete so we could go to wilderness lodge and would be really disappointed if we had to move. Is this a possibility?
It means, for example, if there were positive bookings, for lack of a better term, then there would be rooms available.

Negative means that not only are there no rooms available, there are actually less rooms available for the actual reservations accepted. The cast member said they are assuming that some guests will cancel.

Overbooking.

But, that does not mean that will be the case come December. Things change daily/hourly. People change and cancel their ressies all the time.

I'm curious about the "negative bookings" term too, but in general I don't think you have much to worry about. Disney takes great care of its guests, and since you have a reservation I'm sure they will be able to find a way to accommodate you at WL. It does show that with the reduced capacity of the resort it will more frequently fill up, especially during a time of the year where WL is in high demand. Who wouldn't want to be there over the holidays? I have confidence that if the resort were overbooked it would be resolved in a manner that was favorable to the guests. With a full resort you might not have as much luck with specific location requests, but you will get a room in the category you booked or better. Don't worry, and enjoy planning your long awaited trip.

It is unlikely that you would be asked to move to a different resort. I would speculate that the resort would get enough cancellations to make up for the over booking. But in the rare instance that they have to contact guests to ask if they would be willing to move to a different resort you could decline the offer.

We had a situation where we were asked to move to the Grand Floridian from the Beach Club because the BC was overbooked. We were offered a big discount to move so we accepted it. But we could have said no. It was a December trip, too.

It means, for example, if there were positive bookings, for lack of a better term, then there would be rooms available.

Negative means that not only are there no rooms available, there are actually less rooms available for the actual reservations accepted. The cast member said they are assuming that some guests will cancel.

Overbooking.

But, that does not mean that will be the case come December. Things change daily/hourly. People change and cancel their ressies all the time.

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to reply so my query. I understand it better now and feel much more reassured things will work out well. Really appreciate the responses.

Hi, all. Any updates regarding a potential Artist Point refurb? Still no ADRs in early November. Thanks!
No data from WDW - not unusual.
Best move? Assume AP DEAD late OCT on to ?, until further notice.

Could be anything from a poorly timed refurb to a total shutdown.

No data from WDW - not unusual.
Best move? Assume AP DEAD late OCT on to ?, until further notice.

Could be anything from a poorly timed refurb to a total shutdown.

There are rumors it is turning into a character meal so that may explain the lack of reservations.

AP was never one of our favorites and we have been DVC at WL since 2001, I could see a character breakfast there but would hate to see it for 3 meals . Just wondering what would.happen to the traffic and noise in WL beautiful lobby. It would be very disappointing for a Deluxe resort not to have a signature dining experience

Nobody is giving Wilderness Lodge some attention so I did... LOL :love1:

Checking into BRV in 4 days! pixiedust: I’ll pass your :love1: along.

I love AP but I don’t want to eat there every trip. Disney has SO many decent places to eat and I have so little time! I try to eat somewhere new and revisit somewhere old that I didn’t care for (to see if it improved!). Then alternate favorites for the rest.

Ironically I currently have an AP reservation for November 2nd! I’m holding it to sorta see if they’ll contact me but DH has a generic back up.

Checking into BRV in 4 days! pixiedust: I’ll pass your :love1: along.

I love AP but I don’t want to eat there every trip. Disney has SO many decent places to eat and I have so little time! I try to eat somewhere new and revisit somewhere old that I didn’t care for (to see if it improved!). Then alternate favorites for the rest.

Ironically I currently have an AP reservation for November 2nd! I’m holding it to sorta see if they’ll contact me but DH has a generic back up.
That will be interesting to see if they do. I understood that there were no reservations available after 10/21.

That will be interesting to see if they do. I understood that there were no reservations available after 10/21.

Our 180+10 opened the end of May. It was available at that time and I think reservations were not pulled until a couple of weeks later. I keep all my confirmation emails in a dining folder just in case I need to reference back!

Our 180+10 opened the end of May. It was available at that time and I think reservations were not pulled until a couple of weeks later. I keep all my confirmation emails in a dining folder just in case I need to reference back!

Thanks! Crossing my fingers that you get to go & that they are open again in early December so we get to. Have a great trip!!

We'll be having a date night at AP while our Mister is at the Pixar Play Zone at the Contemporary. We're pretty excited for it. Kinds sad and concerned to hear others say it's stuffy and dated.

We'll be having a date night at AP while our Mister is at the Pixar Play Zone at the Contemporary. We're pretty excited for it. Kinds sad and concerned to hear others say it's stuffy and dated.
There are just as many who love it. We’ve had 3 prior WL stays but finally going to AP this Sept! I’m looking forward to it too. I think I’m ordering the salmon!

Stayed at BRV at WL about a week and a half ago. We stayed there last June as well but we were renting then. We now own. We only spent 4 nights there with one park day (at MK) but we did get to spend a lot time at the resort. I got my request of upper floor and Bay Lake side but it was the very last room down the hallway. It was a dedicated studio so it appears it was bigger than one that is part of a 2 bedroom lockoff. We spent a lot of time at the main pool and one evening at the Boulder Ridge pool. Lots of pool drinks from Geyser Point, a meal at Roaring Fork, a breakfast at WCC, some arcade time. We saw fireworks at Top of the World Lounge, the balcony from our room, MK, and Geyser Point. We also saw the EWP from our balcony and Geyser Point. We did Hoop Dee Doo and both my oldest and my DH got chosen to go on stage, we rented Sea Raycers and enjoyed Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. We spent time at Disney Springs, as well as hit up the Character Warehouse at Vineland on our way out of Orlando. We used the boats a lot (I LOVE the boats) and ran across several wonderful CMs! It was a different kind of trip for us but it was nice to get to know WL as well as we did!

IMG_2790.jpg IMG_2791.jpg IMG_2792.jpg IMG_2799.JPG IMG_2819.JPG IMG_2851.JPG IMG_E2832.JPG IMG_2935.JPG IMG_2936.JPG IMG_2944.JPG

Stayed at BRV at WL about a week and a half ago. We stayed there last June as well but we were renting then. We now own. We only spent 4 nights there with one park day (at MK) but we did get to spend a lot time at the resort.
That's great, thanks for sharing! We are looking forward to seeing Fireworks from Top of the World Lounge during our first trip as owners. I'm glad that you got to bond with your new home at WL, thanks for sharing!

FYI, looking at rates for December 2019 on the Disney website, and they have added "Nature Fireworks View" as a room category at WL:

upload_2018-6-19_8-0-21.png

ETA: And of course when I go back in the "nature fireworks view" is no longer listed; however t he site is being glitchy right now. I assume this means this will be a real view category [since they programmed it in], but when it will actually show up for booking is not known right now.

SW

Last edited:
FYI, looking at rates for December 2019 on the Disney website, and they have added "Nature Fireworks View" as a room category at WL:

View attachment 330834

ETA: And of course when I go back in the "nature fireworks view" is no longer listed; however t he site is being glitchy right now. I assume this means this will be a real view category [since they programmed it in], but when it will actually show up for booking is not known right now.

SW
Nature Fireworks View sounds like a bit of an oxymoron

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter