Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrived at the lodge this morning around 10:40am and our room was ready for us. We got the room we wanted and love it. We have a nice Bay Lake view, which is something we’ve never had before.

We had a quick lunch at Epcot F & W booths and everything we had was really good. We spent some time in the villa pool until they closed it for lightning. It is a hot day but no rain so far.

It feels good to be back here. :)
Such a nice lighthearted post! Thank you and have a great vacation!

I recently planned a four night trip Dec. 4-8 with a BCV studio rental. I was talking about it with my 91 year old mom, and she decided she would like to see WL for the holiday decorations. We had a brief stay eight years ago after my dad died. Anyway...I just got incredibly lucky, and got a passholder rate for a one-bedroom at CCV for Dec. 1-4. The two of us will fly down together, and then I will take her to the airport, and at that point, Southwest will take her in a wheelchair for the flight home. My nieces can pick her up there and bring her home.
I'm so happy to be able to experience this with her, and can't wait to stay at WL in December!

It appears they are starting some work beyond the end of the Boulder Ridge building extending towards the South Cabins parking lot and the larger BBQ area. It is still open but there is fencing around it.
9192C247-4776-46EE-A216-6BC5390D9B38.jpeg AFFB96FA-5B77-4035-8D68-542D011C96B1.jpeg EC101AEB-F06E-4F7A-AF69-C233DD3F61D5.jpeg

Just booked WL standard view for our trip next year 9/29 - 10/6 for my 37th birthday. I haven't stayed here in about 10 years and it is still my very favorite resort out of all the ones I have stayed at. Really looking forward to going back!

Last edited:

There had been ongoing work on both sets of mid wing elevators this week that had often only left one in service. Now it appears this has been completed and both elevators in the middle of each wing are working. They also added position indicators that show which floor the elevator is on.
D3449D89-310D-4DAD-AF31-3D86F5304EB7.jpeg B8F32A6C-3451-4238-B11E-02A339A697DB.jpeg

Seriously? The "reno" indicates no main WL rent availability? I'm a bit shocked.

Dear Wife and I are already booked. BRV, both NOV 2018 & APR 2019. Then again, we are DVC owners.
No rentals? WL is going to be VERY Dead :(.

I got to test out the new MDE feature that lets you unlock your resort room with your phone. I walked out of the room without my MB and was able to get back in by using my phone. It takes a minute to set up. You have to log back into the app and accept the terms and conditions, and then it was ready to use. It was a good thing I had my cell phone with me. :)

Just curious are the cabins always full or empty? little of both? and do they ever have discounts? Have to be a really big discount if I got to stay in one.....:rolleyes1:charac2::charac2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter