Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they still had the individual toiletries. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash. No solar gel, which we missed after forgetting how hot the Florida sun is, even in February :rolleyes:

Thank you! I just watched the video that was posted above (think it was of a CL room) and that shows the dispensers in the shower. Not sure why some rooms have the dispensers and some not, but I guess I'll see what we get when we arrive in a few weeks...lol. Thanks for sharing your pics :flower3:.

Thank you! I just watched the video that was posted above (think it was of a CL room) and that shows the dispensers in the shower. Not sure why some rooms have the dispensers and some not, but I guess I'll see what we get when we arrive in a few weeks...lol. Thanks for sharing your pics :flower3:.
They did the same thing when building GDT at CSR. Some of the rooms have dispensers and some have individuals. Haven't a clue why.
As states pass more regulations regarding disposable items I suspect individual items will go the way of the dodo bird nationwide, sooner rather than later.

Just switched our reservation to a 1BR at Boulder Ridge. I know nothing about the rooms and locations. From what little I have looked at, I would think a lake view up higher would be nice. How is the noise? Any chance to see the Water Parade from the room? How is the transportation? We have one person using a wheelchair- so I wonder if an accessible boat's easy/frequent or if we should try the bus for MK.

They did the same thing when building GDT at CSR. Some of the rooms have dispensers and some have individuals. Haven't a clue why.
As states pass more regulations regarding disposable items I suspect individual items will go the way of the dodo bird nationwide, sooner rather than later.

Thank you :)

Just switched our reservation to a 1BR at Boulder Ridge. I know nothing about the rooms and locations. From what little I have looked at, I would think a lake view up higher would be nice. How is the noise? Any chance to see the Water Parade from the room? How is the transportation? We have one person using a wheelchair- so I wonder if an accessible boat's easy/frequent or if we should try the bus for MK.
Welcome. We haven't stayed at Boulder Ridge so others may join in with better info, but in general the views are either of water in the distance or trees and greenery. They aren't as spectacular as those in the main building, but that's not bad. There should no be any noise issues with any BRV room, since the nearest pool is the quieter "Boulder Ridge Cove Pool" and you have the main building between you and the transportation dock. In the main building the Handicapped Accessible rooms tend to be on the lower floors, but not always, so make your requests and see what they can do. We always prefer higher floors for better views.
The boats are fine, and they do tend to be using more large boats, but our advice is that for the quickest possible trip to MK go ahead and take the bus. It is a super short 5 min ride, which is the shortest park bus ride from any resort we've seen. We love the boats, and tend to take them back from the parks or when we aren't in a hurry, but between waiting for a boat (and perhaps a second boat if a small one comes first) and the slightly longer trip it isn't as fast as a bus.

how is the transportation? We have one person using a wheelchair- so I wonder if an accessible boat's easy/frequent or if we should try the bus for MK.

We had great luck with transportation. Only took the boat to Magic Kingdom once and once from Fort Wilderness back to Wilderness Lodge, but both times a boat was waiting for us at the dock, and we had a seamless voyage. I'm sorry, I don't have any info about accessible boats.

Our bus transportation was great as well - never waited more than 10 minutes, and both DHS mornings there was a bus waiting for us at 7am. The bus times screen at the stop, along with the times on the app, are helpful, but not always available. Most of the time the bus we were looking for was not on either the screen or the app (I'm assuming one feeds the other), but that feature would be awesome if it was more reliable.

The smaller boats like the ones that take you to the CR and that loop, are not accessible. You'd need a wheelchair that could fold up and be able to walk to a seat on the boat. But the boat to the MK is usually one of the larger ones that you can roll onto similar to the boats that do the Epcot to DHS run.

I had a pedicure at the Salon by the Springs and it was perfect, while staying at WL in December. I actually called the reservation phone number while in the MK earlier in the day and they had appointments available that after noon (plenty). Was great to book spontaneously and enjoy right at my resort. Highly recommend.

I may have to do this! Do you know if they had a price list online?

I may have to do this! Do you know if they had a price list online?
Probably. I can't remember, but I know I asked on the phone when I booked. And you can get discounts with disney visa card and probably dvc/passholder too. Was fun! Enjoy.

Is there a dedicated coffee shop at Wilderness Lodge? Or is my best option for morning coffee to go to Roaring Fork and just get a cup from there?

When do you think all rooms will be done by? Looking at WL for maybe October 2020 or April 2021. Ok here's a weird question - love the redone rooms by the way and thanks for the pictures and video - looks great! - it looks like there's only one towel rack next to the sink. Where does everyone hang their hand towels? If you have 4 people not wanting to share a hand towel where do you all hang them? I usually to bring over the door plastic hooks that just slide over the top of the door (they don't mark up anything) but the doors are pocket doors now so can't use those! haha I know weird question but people always have good tips on here (like the closet organizers!)

Really like the refurb room. I hope Boulder Ridge gets just as nice of a makeover since my family cannot fit into a room at WL.

What’s the extent of the BR refurb? Going in three weeks, ( hoping this virus scare doesn’t warrant drastic decisions) and praying we don’t get an old room. The last two times, July and December, the rooms had not been redone and were really in need of some love. However a room in BR of any kind beats a room most anywhere!

What’s the extent of the BR refurb? Going in three weeks, ( hoping this virus scare doesn’t warrant drastic decisions) and praying we don’t get an old room. The last two times, July and December, the rooms had not been redone and were really in need of some love. However a room in BR of any kind beats a room most anywhere!

BR rehab hasn’t started yet and likely won’t start until SS is completed. Only the hotel rooms are being rehabbed.

When do you think all rooms will be done by? Looking at WL for maybe October 2020 or April 2021. Ok here's a weird question - love the redone rooms by the way and thanks for the pictures and video - looks great! - it looks like there's only one towel rack next to the sink. Where does everyone hang their hand towels? If you have 4 people not wanting to share a hand towel where do you all hang them? I usually to bring over the door plastic hooks that just slide over the top of the door (they don't mark up anything) but the doors are pocket doors now so can't use those! haha I know weird question but people always have good tips on here (like the closet organizers!)
I would think that the room refurb would be done before October 2020.

One suggestion for the towel rack situation would be to take the bath towels off their rack and stack them somewhere. Then you would have plenty of room for the hand towels. The disadvantage would be that you couldn't access your towel if someone was in the bathroom. But you should have room next to the sink for a few towels. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!