Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all!

It’s been a very long time since I posted here. I miss my DIS peeps but real life got in my way of having fun on the DIS (and especially the fun people of the BC/YC board!). My boyfriend and I will be staying YC CL from 11/1-11/6. We are heading to WDW to run the Two Course Challenge for Wine and Dine as a training run (one of the most expensive training runs EVER!) for Dopey 2018. This will be our 5th trip to the World in 2017....gotta get use out of our AP’s, right? I know y’all understand!!! Lol

I haven’t read up entirely on this updated thread but I did check out the first page (fabulous as usual Dee!) and imagine my surprise to see that there are now showers at SAB?!?! This. Is. Huge! I loved getting yelled at by the health club CM’s for using their contraband showers.

I look forward to being a more frequent poster here in the upcoming weeks! Has Buzzy been spotted lately at SAB? Any synchronized swimming with NM? Any late night fire alarms requiring an asleep Dee navigating the halls of her beloved BC?

::yes::Page 1044

You must’ve had an early PAT. There’s no one there!

Teena is super-platinum (or something like that). This was her 25th Disney cruise! We were in boarding Group #1!!!

party:

Does anyone happen to know what type of hairdryer they have at YC CL? I really liked it but cannot remember what it was.

TIA

UBER OCD photographer fail! I do not have a picture of the hair dryer from my Oct 2016 YC CL stay, although I did use it.

:sad2:

This is what they have in the YC refurbed guest rooms, that are not Club Level. I don't know if Club Level rooms have different hair dryers, or not. I found this dryer to work very well on my heavier hair.
The hair dryer is Conair model 141WRW, which is manufactured for the hospitality market. It can be purchased from Amazon.

Description:1875 Watt Brushed Metal Dryer
• Upscale, Brushed Metal Barrel
• Full Salon Size
• Cool-Touch Surface
• Independent Heat (3) and Speed (2) Controls
• Cool Shot Button
• Removable Filter
• Concentrator Attachment
• Storage Bag Available (BAG-HOSP)

Thanks for this detailed post!!!

I will use this info to compile a hair dryer post.

I have a picture from the BC standard (non-club) room from 2015, post-renovation.

I need photos from BC CL, YC CL and BCV.

If anyone has recent photos of the hairdryers in the club level resort rooms, or confirmation that they are the same as pictured above/below, please post.

THANKS!

:hippie:

Is this the same dryer that is at the Beach Club?

Hairdryer1.JPG

Beach Club August 2015

Anyone have recent confirmation that this is still the model in the BC rooms?

So we will be staying at the Beach Club in 2018! We’ve been to Disney World twice before and I have wanted to stay at the BC since our first visit in 2013. Since we are usually a party of 6 it’s been too costly for us to stay so we’ve always gone to AoA. Next year we will be a party of 5 so off to the BC we go.
I am super excited! I just hope we don’t get spoiled.

:welcome: to the thread?

When in 2018 are you staying? Have you booked yet?

:goodvibes

We always stay at BC and this year we decided to change it up and we stayed at Poly. Although Poly had its benefits, we definitely missed BC. You will become spoiled. It's a great place to be.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Glad you had a great stay even while missing your BC "home"

::yes::

Returned from 8 days at the Yacht Club on Thursday. We were in room 3150 (GV) with a view of the gazebo. I am working on a trip report, but in the meantime I wanted to post the quick pics I took of our room & location.

Thanks for the quick review and pictures of your room!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
60 days and counting! Woke up early to make our FastPass selections and got almost everything we wanted when we wanted it! Thank goodness for the MDE app, because the wonderful Disney website crapped out halfway through, as usual. It really never ceases to amaze me how awful the website is. Luckily, this isn't our first rodeo, so we had iPhones and iPads ready to go.
Had a similar problem with the FastPass webpage on Monday but ran right back in and got all my selections that I wanted for the times I wanted. Isn't the 60 day mark something everyone looks forward to?

Plans for the DW and my 40th anniversary Disney blow-out vacation have all come together extremely well for us. Only thing I couldn't get was brunch at Palo's on the Dream but we'll run up there when we board the ship and grab those then (they always hold a number of them back). We didn't look at doing Cape May on this trip but instead are looking forward to eating several breakfasts at the new and improved Captain's Grille. Now there is only one thing we cannot control but we've been putting in our requests with the Man upstairs for some decent weather that week in December. Hope He cooperates. Been there when scarves and knit caps were needed and other times when shorts were required. You just can never tell...

Katesdad

Plans for the DW and my 40th anniversary Disney blow-out vacation have all come together extremely well for us. Only thing I couldn't get was brunch at Palo's on the Dream but we'll run up there when we board the ship and grab those then (they always hold a number of them back).

Katesdad

I bet you are over-the-top excited!!!

Teena and I did the same for our Palo reservation. Because we booked the cruise late, due to rescheduling, all the advanced bookings were full, but we were able to get a reservation for the day and time we wanted once we boarded.

Wishing you some special anniversary pixie-dust!

:tinker:

Insect repellant

Any insect repellant in the rooms at YC?

Not in the rooms, but stations located throughout all the parks!

Any repellant at the hotels? We are not planning on going to the parks at night but hanging around hotel/boardwalk.

Looking for additional feedback so I can update Page 1.

Disney was placing cans of spray in the rooms. We had one in Oct 2016.

I'm not sure if this practice has stopped, or is just inconsistent or if guests are taking the cans and they are not being replaced.

If you had a stay in late Sept or October of this year, and DID have a can of bug spray in your room, could you post and let me know that.

During the cruise last week (Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Castaway Cay), there was mosquito repellant available for use as we exited the ship.

Thanks!

:tink:

Question for those who've used the Disney Visa to purchase cardmember rooms/package specials previously - Do you have to pay the full balance of the trip with the Disney Visa, or can you just use it for the the down payment and use cash (debit card) for the rest? We have a Disney Visa to have on hand in the parks for special greetings and such, but we're not keen on charging a vacation.
We only had to use the Disney Visa for the deposit. After that we could use any form of payment.

Page 9045

Looking for some help from all you good folks. We are Disney regulars but stay at the BWI or the GF. We are planning a short F&W festival trip (4 nights). This was a total last minute idea so a couple months ago all I could find was a room at the Dolphin. I have been religiously checking a couple times a day and just pounced on a 1 bedroom at the Beach Club Villas. Years ago we stayed at the YC and we often stay at the BWI but never the Beach club and never at a DVC room. What should I be asking for as far as room choices? I am paranoid about first floor rooms so that is a no (hate snakes)! Do they all have balconies? Very excited about this I just don't know much about these rooms. TIA!!

Edited to add: Also wondering if you can see any fireworks from these rooms? Are rooms booked with cash instead of points usually a certain view or is it luck of the draw?

:welcome:

Is your trip in October or November?

I will leave the replies to your question to others since I am not well-versed in the villas rooms.

Just booked my first ever stay at Beach Club, May 2 - 10, 2018, I'm so excited!!!!:yay:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Honest Opinions: Beach or Yacht Club is there a big difference?

I am equally happy staying at either resort. I prefer the Beach Club atmosphere slightly, the lighter blues. I really like having a full balcony, so the Yacht Club is attractive to me for that reason.

Let us know if you book either resort.

Big difference? I would have to say no. Tangible differences? Yes! Little subtleties like lobby atmosphere, shopping, lounges and restaurants. I have not stayed at the YC in a while but it seems like the room renovations are meeting with mixed reviews. On the other hand BC renovations seem more favorable to guests who have stayed there. All [99.5%] rooms at YC have full balconies or patios. BC has less and some are not full balconies. Both have access to SAB and the Ship Shape health club, arcade are centrally located for both resorts. Add another 2 - 3 minutes for walk from YC to Epcot, but the YC is closer to the Friendship Boat dock. I'm sure there are other differences, but these best reflect my observations.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

Hi Dee,
We were at the YC on 9/22 and no repellent in the room..also I think this has been confirmed but no waters either. We did have our Sea salt lotion and products so all good!!

Hi all! I'm trying to pick which general area I want to request for a room. I have a lot of competing thoughts/priorities, so I was hoping some clarification from you lovely people would help.

My bf smokes and is concerned about the location of smoking areas. I'm booked for a garden view room and one thought was to be near the laundry room smoking area -- it also appears to be close to the boat launch, assuming there's an exit near that end. Where is the laundry room/smoking area? Is it outside somewhere? How close is it to the actual rooms?

Second thought -- one of the rooms facing the gazebo and the lighthouse (it would be a fabulous view, and a sneaky way to get some water views). It appears somewhat near the middle of the resort -- is this a good area for walking transit time to both Epcot and DHS?

Last thought -- view near Stormalong Bay. Even closer to BC/Epcot was my thinking there.

Thank you for your help! I'm so excited to be booked at YC for my first stay on March 3-9!

Page 1046

Hi everyone! I will be staying at BCV on rented points next May 22-25th. I am sure to forget all the tips I read on here, but hoping some things might be remembered while I am there. Looking forward to my trip to help me through the eight months of winter I face.

BtW it's been a week since I've been on these boards and even though I'm logged in I am seeing ads in the comments. Is this new? Or just something wonky.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

I totally forget some of the tips I have read here about the resort and about Disney in general.

I'll give you a suggestion to re-read Page 1 of this thread (especially Post 1, Post 13 FAQ and Post 14 Other Useful Info) right before your trip.

:cool1:

My family will be staying at the Yacht Club from October 28-November 4. I'm patiently (ok not so patiently!) waiting for the October Recreation Calendar to be posted somewhere. Any chance there is someone currently there who could get that info? Specifically I am looking to see what the resort has planned for Halloween. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

The version of the October calendar I have did not include Halloween activities. Maybe the one issued to guests Halloween week will have a listing of the festivities.

:hmghost:

I just returned from my Yacht Club trip (27th-1st) and DH and I had an incredible time. Our room was great, and it was so nice staying so close to Epcot, especially given how hot it was. We had dinner in The Crew's Cup lounge on Thursday, to get out of the rain, and greatly enjoyed the burger. On Wed, Thurs, and Fri we went to F&W at 11am and found the booths pretty empty until about 1pm. We cooled off in SAB every afternoon, I expected it to be extremely crowded given the heat, but we never had any issues at all, we were always able to get two chairs in the shade and float around the pool without running into too many people, and DH enjoyed the slide thoroughly. We really liked Pandora, and thought that the update to Mission Space green was nice. I hit Epcot's 35th anniversary on Sunday, by myself, and was able to get two nice pins, as well as two Figment Funko POP figurines for my efforts. Great trip and cannot wait to return!

Edited to add: The shower facilities are fantastic! It was go amazing to be able to shower after getting back from Epcot on Sunday, and before I got on my plane back to CA (I am sure all of my fellow passengers were thankful for that shower too as it was really hot).

Thanks for the review. So glad you had a fantastic trip!!!

What is the latest time that SAB opens up? I mean even in the dead of winter, I would think it would open up no later than like 10:00? Earlier during the summer months?

Yes, I think 10 am is the latest I have seen. Check Post 2 on Page 1 for a mostly-complete, historical listing of SAB hours by month.

:)

Hi all! After the discounts shook out, I decided I should just go ahead and upgrade to Yacht Club for my March 3 trip. I am unbelievably excited! I love this thread and am just starting to get acquainted with it. Haven't been to the YC/BC since I was a kid.

Have all the rooms been refurbished now? I have a garden view room and love the look of the refurbed rooms, but wasn't sure they all had that sleek look and wood floor.

Also, does it take a good 10 minutes to get from YC to Epcot? I would love to be right there at the BC, but YC had the discount.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Yes, all rooms at the resort (both BC and YC and also BCV) have been renovated in the last couple of years.

Correct, about 10 minutes from YC lobby to International Gateway at EPCOT. Quicker to walk outside of the resort than through the hallways to the Beach Club lobby, but you may want to take that route, all the way through to the "secret exit" if the heat or rain bothers you.

I am so excited! We are heading to YC in March (3-10)... and our TA called and got us the discount that applied today! We saved over $1000 on our stay! super excited to save money and it'll be our first stay!

That is awesome!!!

:cheer2:

Last edited:
For comparison - I stayed at Boardwalk Villas in March 2017; there was bug spray on the bathroom shelf. I stayed at Boardwalk Villas over Labor Day weekend 2017; there was no bug spray in the room.

(Sometime I'm actually going to book my vacation early enough to get into Beach Club Villas!)

We just got back from a four night stay at the Beach Club. It wasn't perfect, but overall we loved the resort and will probably stay here again. I don't think, though, that we would spend the extra money to stay Club Level. We only did it this time because it was the only thing available here for our dates. We actually ended up moving to a room not on the 5th floor, because the room they put us in did not have a daybed and although it did have a full balcony, we would not have been able to use it because it was a very small room and the rollaway would have blocked the balcony door. We moved to Room 2548 and it felt much roomier, and had a daybed and a full balcony. We loved being on the second floor for the ease of just going up or down one flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator, and our room was very close to the secret door to Epcot. We used the Club lounge for breakfast twice, desserts once, and drinks every time we came back from the parks, so it was nice for that. But despite being told we would get all of the perks of being Club level even though we were on a different floor, package delivery was a pain. We had to ask several times about packages we had sent back from the parks and actually ended up leaving the park without one. (I called the Club Level concierge yesterday, and she said she would investigate and get back to me same day. She didn't.)

In general though, all of the CMs were very nice. The pool was great, although the 9pm closing time meant the kids only used it once. All in all, I think we will go back because the location just can't be beat. We walked to Epcot almost every day and to DHS once and took the boat a couple of times. It was really nice one night to leave Epcot at 10pm and walk around the long way through the Boardwalk, stopping at the bakery (open until 11pm) for a snack. So yes, to the BC, no to Club level!

Here at YC now. So far I think it's very nice but feel the service at Pop was better. I'm with a large family group with 4 rooms. All of our family are in rooms next to each other and we are around the corner next to the elevator and ice machine. It's so loud, I've slept maybe two hours. This is after asking for rooms next to each other. How can three families get rooms next to each other and one not?? We put in a request weeks ago. Also our shower door doesn't close and slides open getting water everywhere. I'm not happy to say the least and no one at front desk seems to care. All we keep being told is that there is a convention here and it's full. Wish I was back at POR or POP. Looking for some advice on what to do. I've never complained at WDW. It's always been wonderful. May it's my lack of sleep.

I have not read ahead to see if your complaints were addressed by the resort. Sorry to hear about the issues. As others have said, talk to the manager on duty in person to let them know about your concerns.

upload_2017-10-10_9-19-12.gif

So it's only gotten worse as the day has gone on. While at Mk my wife tried to purchase something w/our band. Only to be told our cc was maxed out. We were mortified as were with her entire family. Quick call to Disney visa and our account is more than fine. Go to guest services to find out our card was put in the system under s different profile!!! Theirs is all during MNSSHP. I spent one hour doing this while my family was enjoying the party. Then I go to get snacks and am told the pin doesn't work. My wife comes over and her pin (same one) works. Happens again the next time. Back to GS another 30 minutes in line. Spoke to manager on duty but really not much was accomplished but her sympathy. And now I've taken a shower, stepped out to an inch of water b/c shower will not close, and am laying here w/ear plugs listening to the beeping of the ice machine and the sounds of elevators going up and down again. So tired and frustrated, I guess I just expected more from a deluxe resort.

So here's what's happened. $200 resort credit and 6 extra fp for MK. we decided to stay in room b/c the thought of re packing and missing more park time wasn't worth it. Feel completely ok with what disney did to fix it.

Our room was never cleaned last week. The beds were made every day and new towels delivered but that was about it. We had cobwebs on light fixtures (I thought I as in the haunted mansion.) We never had Kleenex. Our shower door was broken and would not stay closed. Also one of the sconces in the bathroom was burned out all week and never changed. All in all I would never stay here again.

So sorry to hear about all of the issues during your stay. Sounds like the ball was really dropped for your family.

I don't think this is typical for a stay at the resort, but it sounds like a really bad combination of incidents.

You did the right thing by bringing your concerns to management while you were there. I encourage you to follow-up with a letter or email to Disney's Guest Services and the Yacht & Beach Club General Manager.

Comments, Compliments or Complaints:

Who can I contact if I have concerns about something during my vacation, I have a great suggestion or better still, to compliment something wonderful about my trip or to recognize a CM who helped make my stay magical?

If you have an issue while still at the World:

You can go to City Hall or Guest Relations during your stay

If there is a problem with your room or another issue at the resort, your best bet is to go to the FRONT DESK of the resort to let them know what the problem is. Do NOT call on the telephone with resort concerns WHILE you are AT THE RESORT. These calls just go to a generic call center and your concern is placed at the back of a list. Tell the people who are on site and chances are, if it is possible, your concern will be dealt with more quickly. They will do their best to help find a solution to your needs, whatever they may be. In the off chance that you find that your problem is not being addressed in an effective manner, request to speak with a MANAGER, who often has the experience to assist the CM in helping to find a solution to your problem.

Keep in mind that the staff at the resort can't read minds so be sure to talk to someone and let them know what the problem is.

After you have returned home from your stay:

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Cosmo Kapoor, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Hi all! I'm trying to pick which general area I want to request for a room. I have a lot of competing thoughts/priorities, so I was hoping some clarification from you lovely people would help.

My bf smokes and is concerned about the location of smoking areas. I'm booked for a garden view room and one thought was to be near the laundry room smoking area -- it also appears to be close to the boat launch, assuming there's an exit near that end. Where is the laundry room/smoking area? Is it outside somewhere? How close is it to the actual rooms?

Second thought -- one of the rooms facing the gazebo and the lighthouse (it would be a fabulous view, and a sneaky way to get some water views). It appears somewhat near the middle of the resort -- is this a good area for walking transit time to both Epcot and DHS?

Last thought -- view near Stormalong Bay. Even closer to BC/Epcot was my thinking there.

Thank you for your help! I'm so excited to be booked at YC for my first stay on March 3-9!

I'm not sure where the smoking area near the laundry is, so I can't help with that. But as far as the other areas: no matter where your room is, you have to go out the same doors. You go out the lobby front door to the buses, out the lobby back door or the "secret" exit door to get to the boat dock & walkways. The exits from the hotel are pretty centrally located. So the view doesn't really put you closer to anything. The hallways can be long, so close requesting to lobby , transportation or elevators helps keep you from walking forever.

For best possible view, most people request a gazebo view. I usually book lagoon view, but we stayed in a garden view about 2 years ago. I did not put in a request because it was a very short stay & we weren't at the resort much. We were in a room on the front side of the resort, to the left of the entrance & overlooked trees & a small lawn area. It was actually behind the bus stop & although we couldn't see the buses, we could hear them. No loud tho, couldn't hear it in the room, just on the balcony. It was ok, but nothing like a lagoon or gazebo view.

I'm not sure where the smoking area near the laundry is, so I can't help with that. But as far as the other areas: no matter where your room is, you have to go out the same doors. You go out the lobby front door to the buses, out the lobby back door or the "secret" exit door to get to the boat dock & walkways. The exits from the hotel are pretty centrally located. So the view doesn't really put you closer to anything.

For best possible view, most people request a gazebo view. I usually book lagoon view, but we stayed in a garden view about 2 years ago. I did not put in a request because it was a very short stay & we weren't at the resort much. We were in a room on the front side of the resort, to the left of the entrance & overlooked trees & a small lawn area. It was actually behind the bus stop & although we couldn't see the buses, we could hear them. No loud tho, couldn't hear it in the room, just on the balcony. It was ok, but nothing like a lagoon or gazebo view.

Good to know that all guests are pretty much funneled through the lobby exit. Where is the secret exit door? I've seen it mentioned a few times.

I'll probably just request a gazebo view -- a smoking area can't be that far away.

Good to know that all guests are pretty much funneled through the lobby exit. Where is the secret exit door? I've seen it mentioned a few times.

I'll probably just request a gazebo view -- a smoking area can't be that far away.

Dee has the secret entrance info & pictures on page 1, post 9. Just have to scroll done a bit. It is on the water side, near the boat dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!