Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions: Refurb News, Post #1

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. sweetyk83

sweetyk83 Earning My Ears

We are staying sept 2018 and we’ve already booked! Super excited!

natebenma likes this.
  2. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...

hey-girl-.jpg

Dee, Nannette, Janet Mom and I have a trip planned at the end of the month. We are staying at SSR & the Poly. Look for reports and arrest records appearing on the internet soon. I hope to run a couple of Synchronized Pool Tube practices in the kiddie pools at those resorts. Everyone is rusty and arthritic and the choreography is in the crapper. Buzzy is still around. I'm hoping to talk him into making this trip but we'll see if I can dig him out of the dumpster.

I too will miss being harassed by the spa staff for asking to use the shower... but the thing I miss the most is not seeing Teena in the lobby when I make a visit. Perhaps we can get a cardboard cut out of her and install it in the spa locker room to further confound the staff there.

~NM

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Not in the hot tub?

[​IMG]

5. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

Feeling wistful after reading Catho72 post mentioning Buzzy and the swim team! Happy memories of Ninja and her crazy crew!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

6. gumbo1009

gumbo1009 ...flawed product of a deranged mind...

Sorry, silly question...

Never stayed at YC/BC before, and I'm working on strategies to keep my volcano-of-a-child cool during our Summer stay...

When staying at BC/BCV, can you walk thru YC and exit near The Swan/Dolphin? (Or are there locked doors in YC that would block you from walking thru their halls?) My child is a FroYo lover and I suspect we will take advantage of the new FroYo bar at The Dolphin... [I'm guessing we can't use this strategy in reverse, since I assume we can't get INTO the YC w/o a YC key - but I'm hoping that we can at least take advantage of this in one direction...]

Thanks!!!

natebenma likes this.
  7. eeyoreland

eeyoreland DIS Veteran

I've been away for a while, but so happy to report that we'll be back at the BC the end of February. Last year we just couldn't get a decent discount at BC so stayed at BWI instead. BWI was nice and still loved being on the boardwalk, but BC is still my favorite. DH likes AKL, which we could have booked for the upcoming trip, but even he can’t deny the convenience of walking to two parks. A quick glance of the messages shows most of the regulars are still around :-). I do have to ask though, what are we hearing from Teena and how is she doing???

natebenma likes this.
  8. Miked0292

Miked0292 Mouseketeer

Your not going to be able to stay inside if that is what your asking. your going to have to exit the building and walk along the back of SAB past Beaches and Creams and keep going til you can re-enter the Yacht club at The Yachtsman Steak house, then it working your way through the YC to get to the end my but there is a walking path all the way around Crescent Lake as shown here ( Click Me ). You can't actually walk through where the 2 resorts meet as that where the kitchens and other off limits areas is at. And as far as I know i have never scanned my MAgicband or card to get into the building except for the fitness center so if your are trying to stay in inside you should be fine.

natebenma likes this.
  9. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

beach-yacht-club-map-aerial.jpg
    Nothing blocks anyone from walking through the halls, but you might not be able to enter an exterior YC fire exit if you aren't staying there.

But it is out of the way to walk through the halls if you are staying at the BC or BCVs. If you look at the resort map on page one of this thread you will see that the shortest distance between the end of the BC and the end of the YC is along the sidewalk next to Crescent Lake. Walking through the hallways is a much longer walk. :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    natebenma, Hopefully and Ninja Mom like this.
  10. Flyz Ondewalz

Flyz Ondewalz Beach Club Sunken Treasure cherry eating fiend!

What do you mean "dig me out"! You know exactly where I've been:

20171011_115233.jpg

If you would let me in the house we could discuss our travel plans. I'm getting dizzy from all the banging against the window that I have to do to get your attention.

Smooches to Catho! XX OO
    Love, your friend Buzzy the Fly

natebenma, DIS-OH, DLo and 8 others like this.
  11. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

12. goofynut41

Why is there a maybe by my resort stay?:confused3

13. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1047

Thanks for sharing this! I have added the info to Post 1 and Post 7 (Dining)

:thumbsup2

That is an interesting twist on selecting a vacation destination. Let us know once you have booked the airfare and figure out where you are going.

:wizard: or ::MickeyMo

I don't have your trip on the Be Our Guest list, so I'll add it now.

party:

Thanks for letting you know about your trip. Sorry it wasn't quite the relaxing vacation you had hoped for, but I'm glad to hear you will be back!

::yes::

I haven't had a December/holiday stay at the resort, so I don't have any direct knowledge about the individual decoration of rooms. I get the impression that there is not much done at the Yacht & Beach since there are no windows in the hallway and decorations on the outside windows would be difficult to see due to the room balconies.

:santa:

14. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Sorry about that- that is a placeholder from this post:

You provided your actual dates while I was away last week and I am still working at catching up on the thread. I'll add your exact dates and erase the maybe the next time I update the list.

:goodvibes

15. goofynut41

That's OK :cutie:

16. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

A couple of others have posted responses and a photo (nice!) but I'll give you my personal experience when staying at BC and when I stayed at YC - I absolutely walk indoors when it is really hot out! It may be a slightly longer walk but an extra minute in AC is better than the entire walk in 90 degree/ 100% humidity - at least for me! As others have stated, you will have to walk outside on a covered walkway for a short bit near the center of stormalong bay but you can walk through the hallways for the majority of it. I really enjoy the walk too as it gives me an opportunity to see all the decor in both resorts and I really like shopping at YC (at least when their store is open which it should be by summer if it isn't already.)

mlittig and natebenma like this.
  17. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1048-1049

When you get back from the cruise could you let us know the room number?

Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

dansdad says November, so that's good enough for me.

I'm not sure I have noticed a consistent pattern of when and how refurbishments to SAB have been announced. Typically, the winter maintenance work is done on a third of the pool- the other two sections will remain open while the work happens at the other, then they move onto another section of the pool.

:fish:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

:welcome:

Buses from BC to MK are usually fine, the trip is 12-15 as indicated in a previous response, plus wait time for the bus. A few people recently have reported long wait times for the bus to arrive (up to 30 minutes) and others have not had an issue. Time of day may be a factor as well. We never wait long for a bus for rope drop at MK.

::yes::

YUM! The oatmeal brulee sounds really good!

That's awesome!!!

I'll pencil you in. Let me know when the trip is firmed up and booked.

:woohoo:

AGoofykindagirl likes this.
  18. Syndrome

Syndrome Who's super now?

Well, see what you all have done ............
    Just booked a very last minute stay for a long weekend trip (4 days / 3 nights) for our anniversary . Only about a week and a half away ! :scared1:
    We just had to go back to Beach Club ! Since its such a short stay, and we wanted to be close to Epcot for F&W fest , and of coarse ..........SAB ! We really had no choice but to book a room at BC ! ;) Had to pay Rack Rates this late in the game , but at least we were able to get something.
    Had a few discounted DVC member cash rates at some other resorts that came out to less $$$ than BC , but we dont want to waste too much time riding buses around getting to Epcot ..............so BC it is.
    The only request we made was a king bed . Hopefully we will get something nice, since I also said its our anniversary as well . Maybe we will get dusted with some PD, and get a nice suite , lol . :lmao:

Anyway , we will be at BC 10/21-10/24 .
    Planning on being at Epcot on October 22nd for our 22nd wedding anniversary , for the 22nd annual F&W festival :thumbsup2.

Also, we will be at YC for a stay in January . 1/24 - 1/28 (after our Copper Creek split stay) .

Cant wait to be back at BC, its been a couple years now !

19. MusicalAstronaut

MusicalAstronaut Mouseketeer

Okay guys, I'm back as of last night (so sad). This time I was at the Yacht Club side, last time I was Beach Club. I loved it just as much, I didn't want to leave, and now I'm honestly never going to be able to stay at a different Disney resort again (except maybe POFQ). It was amazing. I was obsessed with my room. The renovations were BEAUTIFUL. I actually called the front desk and asked if I could buy the window curtains (they said no). The furniture was so cool - I loved the side tables! Sounds silly & looking at pictures beforehand I was indifferent, but I fell in love the moment I stepped in my room. SAB was a blast, and boy did I need it, because it was HOT! I actually used the Disney transportation the whole time (something I normally never do) and only once (coming back from AK) did we have a wait that I thought was too long. I'm staying off site in December to save some money, but I'll be back in the spring!

DLo, mcurrence, MommaBerd and 9 others like this.
  20. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review. We usually stay at the BC but am tempted to try the Yacht Club instead of the BC. The remodeled rooms look great.

wdwnut61 likes this.
  21. Shellyb84

Shellyb84 DIS Veteran

I want those curtains too! We have a wood paneled room that those would look perfect in.

Did you have any issues with noise? That was our biggest complaint with the new room we had.