Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do you think it might be decent place? We are doing our adr’s very late....
It is a little too early to tell, but it used to have good food. It has always been a dependable standby when you need a last minute place to eat and don't feel like leaving the resort area. We will be trying it out for breakfast when we are there at the end of November. :)

I asked the CL concierge if dogs are allowed on the floor and they said yes. They haven't had any yet so they don't know what to expect.

I asked the CL concierge if dogs are allowed on the floor and they said yes. They haven't had any yet so they don't know what to expect.
Unless I misunderstood you, I can't see a reason why a dog would be on the 5th floor if they promised guests that dogs would all be restricted to a certain section of the resort, most likely the first floor near the end of the building closest to the Dolphin resort. A person who booked a club level room could be assigned a room elsewhere in the resort and be given access to the lounge instead of using a 5th floor room. The dog would need to wait for an elevator before heading out to the relief area which is not very close to the main elevators.

Last edited:
Hmm... Not good. I thought dogs would not be allowed on the boardwalk or the walkways around the lake, only on the YC grounds.
Yeah just like everything else Disney they have the rule but rarely do CM challenge anyone, just ignore. Keep the paying visitors happy. Just like the smoking and only challenge if some one brings it up. Gonna be a big mess and I am at BVW in a week. Not happy at all.

Yeah just like everything else Disney they have the rule but rarely do CM challenge anyone, just ignore. Keep the paying visitors happy. Just like the smoking and only challenge if some one brings it up. Gonna be a big mess and I am at BVW in a week. Not happy at all.

We will also be there next week. I will not go out of my way looking for infractions or challenging anyone. I will however, be at the front desk and emailing the execs again with my thoughts. Not looking forward to being there with any animals.

Hey everyone! Heading for our first trip to Beachclub! Oct 29 is coming fast! My question is what time is Stormalong Bay open TIL, I know it changes but wondering if anyone has been recently! Only could afford one night but we are gonna make the best of it before moving to ASMu

I was
Unless I misunderstood you, I can't see a reason why a dog would be on the 5th floor if they promised guests that dogs would all be restricted to a certain section of the resort, most likely the first floor near the end of the building closest to the Dolphin resort. A person who booked a club level room could be assigned a room elsewhere in the resort and be given access to the lounge instead of using a 5th floor room. The dog would need to wait for an elevator before heading out to the relief area which is not very close to the main elevators.
I was told they will be on the 5th floor but will not be allowed in the lounge or any food areas. They haven't had any check in yet. She said there are no dog specific rooms they can be anywhere in the hotel.

I saw dogs today in Epcot that had a special tag on their harness which had a barcode on. Not sure if that means they are registered to the guests lodging at the resorts or ones who have park tickets only. Anyway they all seemed well behaved better in some cases than the humans they were with.
Last night walking back from dinner in their we had to see poor CMs cleaning up puddles of/ piles of vomit around WS between France and Germany. Some folks were removed by security people because of their behaviour.
I can understand how a dog could be overwhelmed by the noise and criwds in Epcot at the moment. Normally we love this park but not whilst F&W is on. We did pick up some Ghiradellis chocolate squares at the old Wonders of Life pavilion for £20 that’s now keeping nicely in the refrigerator in our room, next to the desserts we have boxed from Cali Grill’s brunch today.
Love the laundry room down at the quiet pool it’s easy to use and the laundry view app works well. All the staff in Marketplace have been efficient and friendly even during the busy periods. The buses to the parks have been very regular and one of the CMs Ruthie was chatting with guests whilst she monitored demand for buses tocertain locations. We took a Minnie car over to CR this morning and were very impressed with the service.

Glad that we have BC CL booked for our March trip (March 13-23) and dogs won't be allowed at BC yet. We're dog people (have 2 now but have always had at least 2 at home forever) but don't think they belong locked up into a 375 sq ft space in a place that is unfamiliar to them and has lots of noise and nightly fireworks nearby.... Hate that people can leave unattended dogs in a hotel room for 7 hours (most other similar level off-site resorts do not allow this at all) and will never book a resort that does offer this. I REALLY hope that BC will never offer this..

I saw dogs today in Epcot that had a special tag on their harness which had a barcode on. Not sure if that means they are registered to the guests lodging at the resorts or ones who have park tickets only. Anyway they all seemed well behaved better in some cases than the humans they were with.
Last night walking back from dinner in their we had to see poor CMs cleaning up puddles of/ piles of vomit around WS between France and Germany. Some folks were removed by security people because of their behaviour.
I can understand how a dog could be overwhelmed by the noise and criwds in Epcot at the moment. Normally we love this park but not whilst F&W is on. We did pick up some Ghiradellis chocolate squares at the old Wonders of Life pavilion for £20 that’s now keeping nicely in the refrigerator in our room, next to the desserts we have boxed from Cali Grill’s brunch today.
Love the laundry room down at the quiet pool it’s easy to use and the laundry view app works well. All the staff in Marketplace have been efficient and friendly even during the busy periods. The buses to the parks have been very regular and one of the CMs Ruthie was chatting with guests whilst she monitored demand for buses tocertain locations. We took a Minnie car over to CR this morning and were very impressed with the service.

We love F&W and 99.99% of the guests are okay but with the crowds this is one our least favourite times to visit now especially on weekends due to crowds and rowdiness...

How did you find Cali Grill brunch? We have booked this in March and DH isn't so sure it's worth it... but I love the food at Cali Grill and think the brunch would be worth it.... I'm really hoping you say it was worth it.... No pressure...

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Excited to join this thread. We will be going to Yacht club in mid-July 2018 (dates yet to be confirmed) as my husband's company is hosting a work conference there! We have participated in other conferences at Grand Floridian and Coronodo, so we're excited to see what the Yacht club has to offer.

Following along to see what kinds of things the Yacht club has to offer! Anyone been for a conference before?

Page 1059-1061

The good news: In 3 days, ~Nannette, ~Janetmom, ~Ninjamom and I are at the World, remembering loved ones and overindulging in F&W.

The bad news: I have over 10 pages to catch up on here, before I get behind again

The good news: Most of it is about dogs and I really don't have anything to add, so it should go quickly.

The bad news: I haven't packed yet

The good news: I have piles and I just took the suitcase out

The bad news: Cats are already all over the suitcase. (What is it with cats and suitcases?) (Sorry cats, Disney is not welcoming you and your litterboxes. Yet...) :cat:

The good news: Go to first line!!! It is ALL good~

party:

Sounds like you have an opinion as to where the pressure might be coming from but are reluctant to say... ?

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

:goodvibes

You said a mouthful here!! That's the problem with their enforcing the rules 'history' - they DON'T!! :sad2: Might make a high paying guest upset! When they're not trustworthy with the rules they've already set up, why would they think we will trust them now?? I don't!

A dog barking all night?? Sorry, deal with it!! We'll pacify you with an extra FP - LOL Can see it now!

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

:thumbsup2

It's official, we're going back! Booked BC this morning for Sept 18-23 2018, although we may extend the trip once my mom knows her work schedule. So excited!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

We returned on Friday from our stay at BC. We had a "magical" deal and thus had standard rooms x3 for our family. We were assigned three rooms in line: 2610, 2612 and 2614. The location was good for us--near elevators, Marketplace and lobby hence close to bus stop and Stormalong, but not too far from the quiet pool at DVC and BC.

I didn't take photos from the balcony, but as you can see, it overlooked the walkway from Marketplace to DVC. The roof somewhat obstructed the courtyard, but since the temperature was a real feel of 100º, no need to be on the balcony.

The resort was clean and everyone was super helpful and friendly. Housekeeping, was meh. The room was clean, but I had to call each and every day to get wash cloths and soap/bath gel. Not sure why those items were constantly overlooked. :confused3 It was a minor annoyance. Other than that--no complaints. We did call each morning for early cleaning and the room was always done before noon.

Looking forward to our return in May (12-19) although we will be on DVC side for that trip and back in October (5-14?--still planning that one and trying to decide whether to rent points or hotel stay). Great visit--lovely weather for the most part. F&W was a bit of a disappointment this year, but not enough so that we won't return.

Hoping everyone has a lovely trip!

Thank you for the review of your room 2612- I'll add it to the BC room view thread.

Do you have info about 2610 and 2614? All standard? Full balconies? Daybed or no?

:thanks:

We love F&W and 99.99% of the guests are okay but with the crowds this is one our least favourite times to visit now especially on weekends due to crowds and rowdiness...

How did you find Cali Grill brunch? We have booked this in March and DH isn't so sure it's worth it... but I love the food at Cali Grill and think the brunch would be worth it.... I'm really hoping you say it was worth it.... No pressure...
Wow Cali Grill brunch was an amazing experience. We were seated right in front of Chef Jonathan and Chef Jason and watched them command their kitchen staff right through all our dining experience. They were extremely professional and courteous throughout. Chef Jonathan came out about 8 times whenever Dennis the floor manager informed him guests had concerns or allergies he left the kitchen to speak to guests. It’s a very busy place but he had everything under control like a well oiled machine. Anything he wasn’t happy serving never made it past his very attentive eyes. We watched him send several dishes back and made the relevant person recoil the dish before he added the finishing touches and it went through the pass to the servers. Our server was Jenny and she was a hoot, friendly and funny and constantly refilled our drinks and made sure we had everything we needed. She even let us order three mains ( one each and one to share). There was plenty to eat and something for everyone (we highly recommend the sushi so so good clean crisp fresh flavours and a delight on your tastebuds) we never did get to try the pastries we were stuffed. We had asked Jenny to box our desserts to go and we are enjoying them this morning for breakfast. It was no trouble for her to box them up for us. We had a walk out on the observation deck overlooking MK and DH took photos for some of the other diners so they could all be in the shots together.

Page 1059-1061

Thank you for the review of your room 2612- I'll add it to the BC room view thread.

Do you have info about 2610 and 2614? All standard? Full balconies? Daybed or no?

:thanks:

2610 and 2614 were identical views and rooms--both had full balconies and a daybed, 2 queens. 2612 and 2614 were connecting rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!