Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1047

Just saw this re: Yachtsman breakfast and lunch...(menu items and prices included)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/dis...club-ahead-of-new-ale-and-compass-opening.htm

Thanks for sharing this! I have added the info to Post 1 and Post 7 (Dining)

:thumbsup2

I'm absolutely hopeless.

DH and I wanted to do Disney to see the Pandora stuff, since it wasn't open yet during our last trip which was over NYE. But Disney was going to be really expensive, and to maximize time we'd want to do that new (over-priced) AK VIP tour. So we decided to do Universal instead, since it would be cheaper, and we hadn't been since before either of the Harry Potter sections opened.

So, we booked a quick Easter long weekend trip to Universal. Thus I've got March 29 to April 2 booked at the Royal Pacific.

But today I noticed that Disney had a deal available. So now I've also got March 30 to April 2 booked at BC. And ADRs for each night. (Slow day at work equals too much time surfing the Disney sites.). But the AK tour isn't offered that weekend. Grr.

Now I'm not sure what to do. We are waiting for flights, and it's looking like that may be what decides it for us. One possible airline flies to MCO on the Thursday night and the other flies down Friday morning. Both are still way too expensive. The current plan is that whichever one goes on sale first wins, and we'll go to the park with the reservation that matches the flights. We prefer the airline that flies down on the Friday morning, but since we haven't been to Universal in nearly 20 years I'd want a full day there Friday, thus the idea of the not-so-preferred airline. For WDW, we've been enough times that a shorter stay is no problem.

Is it horrible to have two different trips booked for the same weekend? Do other people have problems committing to the idea of going somewhere other than WDW? I was perfectly fine with the idea of a Universal-only trip until the Disney deal came out. OMG, what is wrong with me?! I'm a total BC addict!

That is an interesting twist on selecting a vacation destination. Let us know once you have booked the airfare and figure out where you are going.

:wizard: or ::MickeyMo

Just did my online check in for YC for new year's eve! Can't wait to party it up!!!

I don't have your trip on the Be Our Guest list, so I'll add it now.

party:

It's been a few days since we got back from our short weekend trip to the YC. I really want to try all the resorts so I seldom have repeat stays, but I would like to return to the YC, or maybe BC.

Thanks for letting you know about your trip. Sorry it wasn't quite the relaxing vacation you had hoped for, but I'm glad to hear you will be back!

::yes::

We will be in at YC over the holidays. I usually decorate our window when we stay at a moderate. Does anyone decorate windows or doors at YC? Looking for ideas if so. Also, I have a three year and I was going to order the mickey balloon bouquet, but the one offered on Disney floral and gifts is the exact same one I bought last year so that's out. I love the mini tree but $200 is way too steep for me.

I haven't had a December/holiday stay at the resort, so I don't have any direct knowledge about the individual decoration of rooms. I get the impression that there is not much done at the Yacht & Beach since there are no windows in the hallway and decorations on the outside windows would be difficult to see due to the room balconies.

:santa:

Why is there a maybe by my resort stay?:confused3

Sorry about that- that is a placeholder from this post:

Hoping to book at the BC for May next year, If we want to be on the ground floor next to lobby and transportation how lucky will we be in requesting this? :listen:

You provided your actual dates while I was away last week and I am still working at catching up on the thread. I'll add your exact dates and erase the maybe the next time I update the list.

:goodvibes

Sorry about that- that is a placeholder from this post:

You provided your actual dates while I was away last week and I am still working at catching up on the thread. I'll add your exact dates and erase the maybe the next time I update the list.

:goodvibes
That's OK :cutie:

Sorry, silly question...

Never stayed at YC/BC before, and I'm working on strategies to keep my volcano-of-a-child cool during our Summer stay...

When staying at BC/BCV, can you walk thru YC and exit near The Swan/Dolphin? (Or are there locked doors in YC that would block you from walking thru their halls?) My child is a FroYo lover and I suspect we will take advantage of the new FroYo bar at The Dolphin... [I'm guessing we can't use this strategy in reverse, since I assume we can't get INTO the YC w/o a YC key - but I'm hoping that we can at least take advantage of this in one direction...]

Thanks!!!

A couple of others have posted responses and a photo (nice!) but I'll give you my personal experience when staying at BC and when I stayed at YC - I absolutely walk indoors when it is really hot out! It may be a slightly longer walk but an extra minute in AC is better than the entire walk in 90 degree/ 100% humidity - at least for me! As others have stated, you will have to walk outside on a covered walkway for a short bit near the center of stormalong bay but you can walk through the hallways for the majority of it. I really enjoy the walk too as it gives me an opportunity to see all the decor in both resorts and I really like shopping at YC (at least when their store is open which it should be by summer if it isn't already.)

Page 1048-1049

Hi all! We checked in last night around 11pm. I actually got a room ready text at 11am while I was sitting in my living room. Ha!
We were lucky to get a room here at all, as it took some perseverance, calling daily, til something opened up. Major convention of some sort going on. So we were only able to get a standard view. It is a roof, facing the front of the resort, and trees. Can't see the ground because of the roof. However I can see the Epcot ball great off to the right. So all in all, not a bad room. I love the sitting area that is only a couple doors down from us. I am out here chilling while dd naps and I can still see our room.
It is raining today. I have the little one napping now. Was supposed to be a pool day for her and myself while DH and sons went on their fishing excursion. We were only out there 15 mins when started raining hard. She needs extra rest anyways. We have mnsshp tonight, so cross fingers it isn't raining the whole time.
This is a precruise stay so we only have today and tomorrow. We were hoping for some good pool time.

Here is the view...

When you get back from the cruise could you let us know the room number?

Thanks!

Does anyone know when/if there will be any stormalong refurbishments coming up? We are staying in Feb for 2 nights. Any ideas when they would announce it?

:welcome: to the thread. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

dansdad says November, so that's good enough for me.

I'm not sure I have noticed a consistent pattern of when and how refurbishments to SAB have been announced. Typically, the winter maintenance work is done on a third of the pool- the other two sections will remain open while the work happens at the other, then they move onto another section of the pool.

:fish:

Excited to be heading back in 2018! We're staying for a long weekend food & garden trip in a Beach Club Villas studio, 4/27-4/30!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

So we are trying to decide between BC and WL. How are the buses from BC to MK? How many resorts share? How long is the trip? (We will be going in early Sept).

:welcome:

Buses from BC to MK are usually fine, the trip is 12-15 as indicated in a previous response, plus wait time for the bus. A few people recently have reported long wait times for the bus to arrive (up to 30 minutes) and others have not had an issue. Time of day may be a factor as well. We never wait long for a bus for rope drop at MK.

Just got back last night and had breakfast 2 mornings there.
The oatmeal brulee (if you like oatmeal) is amazing!

Nice quiet breakfast spot and wish we had started going earlier in the week.

Have a great time!

YUM! The oatmeal brulee sounds really good!

Think I just convinced my mom to book for another Food and Wine trip next fall, yay!!!! This time we're looking at staying at BC, we haven't stayed there since 2013! The last few trips we've been at the YC, so it'll be fun to change it up!

Right now our tentative dates are September 17-23. Planning on booking next week! Love Saturday surprises!

That's awesome!!!

I'll pencil you in. Let me know when the trip is firmed up and booked.

:woohoo:

Well, see what you all have done ............
Just booked a very last minute stay for a long weekend trip (4 days / 3 nights) for our anniversary . Only about a week and a half away ! :scared1:
We just had to go back to Beach Club ! Since its such a short stay, and we wanted to be close to Epcot for F&W fest , and of coarse ..........SAB ! We really had no choice but to book a room at BC ! ;) Had to pay Rack Rates this late in the game , but at least we were able to get something.
Had a few discounted DVC member cash rates at some other resorts that came out to less $$$ than BC , but we dont want to waste too much time riding buses around getting to Epcot ..............so BC it is.
The only request we made was a king bed . Hopefully we will get something nice, since I also said its our anniversary as well . Maybe we will get dusted with some PD, and get a nice suite , lol . :lmao:

Anyway , we will be at BC 10/21-10/24 .
Planning on being at Epcot on October 22nd for our 22nd wedding anniversary , for the 22nd annual F&W festival :thumbsup2.

Also, we will be at YC for a stay in January . 1/24 - 1/28 (after our Copper Creek split stay) .

Cant wait to be back at BC, its been a couple years now !

Okay guys, I'm back as of last night (so sad). This time I was at the Yacht Club side, last time I was Beach Club. I loved it just as much, I didn't want to leave, and now I'm honestly never going to be able to stay at a different Disney resort again (except maybe POFQ). It was amazing. I was obsessed with my room. The renovations were BEAUTIFUL. I actually called the front desk and asked if I could buy the window curtains (they said no). The furniture was so cool - I loved the side tables! Sounds silly & looking at pictures beforehand I was indifferent, but I fell in love the moment I stepped in my room. SAB was a blast, and boy did I need it, because it was HOT! I actually used the Disney transportation the whole time (something I normally never do) and only once (coming back from AK) did we have a wait that I thought was too long. I'm staying off site in December to save some money, but I'll be back in the spring!

Okay guys, I'm back as of last night (so sad). This time I was at the Yacht Club side, last time I was Beach Club. I loved it just as much, I didn't want to leave, and now I'm honestly never going to be able to stay at a different Disney resort again (except maybe POFQ). It was amazing. I was obsessed with my room. The renovations were BEAUTIFUL. I actually called the front desk and asked if I could buy the window curtains (they said no). The furniture was so cool - I loved the side tables! Sounds silly & looking at pictures beforehand I was indifferent, but I fell in love the moment I stepped in my room. SAB was a blast, and boy did I need it, because it was HOT! I actually used the Disney transportation the whole time (something I normally never do) and only once (coming back from AK) did we have a wait that I thought was too long. I'm staying off site in December to save some money, but I'll be back in the spring!
Thanks for the review. We usually stay at the BC but am tempted to try the Yacht Club instead of the BC. The remodeled rooms look great.

I want those curtains too! We have a wood paneled room that those would look perfect in.

Did you have any issues with noise? That was our biggest complaint with the new room we had.

I want those curtains too! We have a wood paneled room that those would look perfect in.

Did you have any issues with noise? That was our biggest complaint with the new room we had.
We didn't have any issues with noise. We were in a corner room right past the market, so very close to the lobby. It was next to a mechanical room but I didn't hear anything. It was very quiet! The gazebo was outside the room so we were far enough from the pool to not hear that during the day.

I'm not going to give up on those curtains, haha. I'm hoping that they're just too new for them to mass produce them to sell yet!

Reminder Regarding Room Requests

From the beginning of my involvement with this thread, those in the know have advised against asking for a specific room number or group of numbers as a room request.

The staff at the resorts receive numerous faxes daily with requests for specific rooms. With declining staffing at the resorts, sometimes the CMs can’t handle the volume of faxes that arrive daily.

Often the requests that come in do not make sense- either the view for the requested room is inconsistent with the one booked, the bedding is wrong for the party size or in some cases, the room requested doesn’t even exist!

Please be aware that if you are using a service to choose room numbers at a resort that the information they have about the rooms may not be current or accurate.

We have always suggested that the best way to communicate your room request is to call Disney Central Reservations and ask for the specific attributes in the room that you want- “Full balcony, please” “Daybed, if possible” "King bed for honeymoon couple" “Facing back entrance (lakeside)” “Near Elevator” “Far From Elevator” etc. That is the best way to let the room assigners know what is important to your family.

Call the resort 8-10 days before your trip to make sure your request is noted correctly. The numbers you should use for that are 407-934-8000 for the Beach Club and 407-934-7000.

ETA: If you booked your trip using a travel agent, they are the ones who own your reservation so they need to place your room requests or other notes on the reservation.

Last edited:
Reminder Regarding Room Requests

From the beginning of my involvement with this thread, those in the know have advised against asking for a specific room number or group of numbers as a room request.

The staff at the resorts receive numerous faxes daily with requests for specific rooms. With declining staffing at the resorts, sometimes the CMs can’t handle the volume of faxes that arrive daily.

Often the requests that come in do not make sense- either the view for the requested room is inconsistent with the one booked, the bedding is wrong for the party size or in some cases, the room requested doesn’t even exist!

Please be aware that if you are using a service to choose room numbers at a resort that the information they have about the rooms may not be current or accurate.

We have always suggested that the best way to communicate your room request is to call Disney Central Reservations and ask for the specific attributes in the room that you want- “Full balcony, please” “Daybed, if possible” "King bed for honeymoon couple" “Facing back entrance (lakeside)” “Near Elevator” “Far From Elevator” etc. That is the best way to let the room assigners know what is important to your family.

Call the resort 8-10 days before your trip to make sure your request is noted correctly. The numbers you should use for that are 407-934-8000 for the Beach Club and 407-934-7000.

If you are booked with a travel agent, are you allowed to do this or is the travel agent the only one who can do this? I did use a travel agent in February and I used Touring Plans fax request. Requested room number 5012, and got 4012 at the Wilderness Lodge. Was wonderful, but I know it always can't work out that well. I was very lucky.

If you are booked with a travel agent, are you allowed to do this or is the travel agent the only one who can do this? I did use a travel agent in February and I used Touring Plans fax request. Requested room number 5012, and got 4012 at the Wilderness Lodge. Was wonderful, but I know it always can't work out that well. I was very lucky.

I guess I should add in that if you booked through a travel agent, they are the ones who need to put in the initial request through Disney's Central Reservations Office. I assume, but am not positive, that it would have to be the travel agent who confirms with the resort that they have your request noted correctly.

That is a big mystery to me. I keep reading that room assigners do not look at faxes. Then I read that people used the Touring Plans fax service and got the room they wanted.

That is a big mystery to me. I keep reading that room assigners do not look at faxes. Then I read that people used the Touring Plans fax service and got the room they wanted.
I use TP fax service, and also have my TA to put in the same requests. Results have been about 50/50...both in the Deluxe and the Moderates. I never ask for a specific room, but may ask for a specific area or floor.

I have used the TP fax for the last 4 trips. This past trip I called and had my request added to my ressie and was the first time I got what I requested. Was it the fax or the call, who knows...but I tend to think it was the call.

We kinda are requesting the exact room we had last year for Christmas but with there only being 4 Deluxe rooms in the BC tat shouldnt be an issue lol we are just hoping for th 4th floor , I mostly want 4557 again

We stayed at Pop last weekend. I had called to put in a request for a refurbished room. I also used the TP fax to request a specific room number, and I got the room directly behind the one I requested.

Last year at Poly, I used a TA and requested a specific building, and I also used TP - I got the room right next door to the one I requested through TP.

We haven't had good luck getting very close to the rooms we've requested at other resorts through TP though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!