Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes! Exactly! I have a very poorly behaved boxer dog. I would not trade her for anything in the world I enjoy my time away

I also have a Boxer! He's the most well behaved dog I've ever had though, much unlike my Newfie. Even though he's well behaved he barks like crazy and I can only imagine how annoying that would be echoing in the YC rooms with the hard floors. That and his tap dance when he's ready to go walk.

WOW, the only time my dog has ever been in a hotel room is when we were driving across the country for our two moves. I love my beagle very much, but I don't want to vacation with him. Also, the cleaning fee per night at the YC is more than the boarding rate for my dog, I can't imagine paying that, especially for a long trip!

Hello! My family and I will be staying at BC next August for the first time and are very excited. I was hoping someone could clarify some transportation questions that I have.

I know that transportation to MK and AK is by bus only. Does BC share buses and if so with which resorts and in what order are the pickups?

Also I am aware that we can walk to Epcot and even HS. If we take the boat to HS, do we share with other resorts and in what order is the pickup?

Also is there somewhere that I can find a list of activities and resta
urants on the Boardwalk?

Thanks so much!

I know that transportation to MK and AK is by bus only. Does BC share buses and if so with which resorts and in what order are the pickups?
The bus shares with the Yacht Club and the Yacht Club is the first one picked up and dropped off.

Also I am aware that we can walk to Epcot and even HS. If we take the boat to HS, do we share with other resorts and in what order is the pickup?
The boat travels from the International Gateway to the Boardwalk then to YC/BC then to the Swan/Dolphin then to DHS. The return trip is DHS then S/D then YC/BC then Boardwalk then International Gateway.

Also is there somewhere that I can find a list of activities and restaurants on the Boardwalk?
Go to the Disney website, click on Things to do, then down near the bottom of the list is Boardwalk. :)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/boardwalk/

This "dog friendly" policy for the YC was not well thought out. I love dogs, but not at a deluxe resort. There will be allergy issues, noise issues, extra cleaning, and issues I'm just not going to bring up. With recent complaints about some guest rooms not being serviced on a daily basis, it sounds like Housekeeping will be running even more behind.

With a great percentage of the YC's business coming from conferences and conventions, this change in policy, I believe, will cost Disney some business, not to mention the extra time spent by CMs trying to resolve "issues" caused by the new policy.

How can they possibly initiate such a major change on such short notice?

Has anyone with an upcoming stay at the YC received notification from Disney about this?

Press release:

http://wdwnews.com/releases/dog-friendly-at-wdw/

Last edited:
At the moment on the Disney Blog, the comments for this announcement are, one after the other, ALL about allergies. Given that there's a potentially life-threatening issue if the wrong guest winds up in a previously dog-occupied room, I wonder how long this "trial" is really going to last?

Traveling with you dog has a whole list of considerations - you can't just leave them in your room, close the door, and go to MK for the day.

As someone who was in the world of AKC dog showing, I stayed in many hotels where dogs were allowed. Usually, the rule was that the dog must be contained in a crate and not left in the room alone. This was to ensure that if Housekeeping, or other staff needed to come into your room while you were out, the person, as well as the animals (keeping them from bolting and escaping), were safe. Plus, if the dogs made too much noise, they could not stay.

The Wilderness Campground allows animals in some of the loops, and while we stayed there in our motorhome many years ago with 4 little dogs, we made sure that we were only gone for 3-4 hours at a time so the dogs had plenty of opportunity to be exercised. (Different that a hotel room - no one was going to open the door to our motorhome), but if the dogs made too much noise, and others complained, people were notified that other arrangement had to be made. Of course, this was when each park, as well as the campgrounds, had a kennel onsite.

Also, I would hope that there were a limited number of rooms designated as "animals allowed" (back when I did it, they were usually the ones that also allowed smoking in the room - and if you were not a smoker yourself, it was nasty).

Personally, I think the on-grounds boarding facility would be a better choice...

At the moment on the Disney Blog, the comments for this announcement are, one after the other, ALL about allergies. Given that there's a potentially life-threatening issue if the wrong guest winds up in a previously dog-occupied room, I wonder how long this "trial" is really going to last?
The released info states that dogs will be accepted for reservations through Oct 2018.

I don't have anything against dogs but if someone brings their dog and it's in the room all day while they visit the parks the dog may bark and the ppl won't even know. Also, my DD is extremely allergic to.dogs (and many other things). Now I'm thinking I should call to request an allergy cleaning before our check-in in Nov (unless they will be blocking off a set of rooms for this)
I would always do this because even before service dogs were always allowed in rooms.

I don't see this lasting very long. Way too many potential issues.
But a nice chunk of money to be made- Disney will make as much off 1 dog as they do off guests 3, 4 and 5 combined! Each day! It's like getting paid for having 8 guests in a room, 11 if you have 2 dogs!

But- people with dog allergies should really consider asking for that allergy clean thing I've seen mentioned if they're at any of those 4 resorts. Service animals are everywhere I know but dogs that have to spend all their time in a room are going to leave a lot of dander/fur (idk what exactly it is from dogs that people are allergic too- never had a dog since a fam member was allergic). And I have a feeling the special "pet cleaning" won't be all that different from the usual cleaning...

ETA: and y'all are already on top of the allergy clean thing! ought to finish reading the thread before I post...

There are so many nice hotels that allow dogs - Disney was behind the curve on this one. I've stayed at many nice hotels that are pet friendly. I would venture to say that most people have stayed at pet friendly hotels that they never realized were pet friendly! The hotels usually charge quite a lot for it, so unless I plan on having my dog with me everywhere on my vacation (like when we go to north GA or to St. Augustine), I just leave mine home. It's no fun to travel with a dog unless you're really vacationing with them. It's quite a lot of work IMO. Disney is a leader in guest services so I'm sure they'll do what other hotels do which have specific rooms or sections of the hotels designated as dog friendly.

Other people already mentioned the allergy cleaning, again, because about half of the hotels in the US are dog friendly so that won't be a crazy new thing Disney will have to do. I would guess that someone with allergies that severe already request the allergy cleaning at hotels, since so many are dog friendly and there also could've been a service dog in the room previously. I also haven't heard a rash of news stories across the country about dogs attacking people at other dog friendly hotels or restaurants, so I don't see that being a huge localized issue at Disney either. They allow peanuts on air planes which will literally kill people with peanut allergies, and most people with pet allergies aren't going to die if someone half a building away has a dog in their room. I would bet that the door to the room will have a little dog picture on it, just like a smoking/non-smoking room does. I also think they will probably ask people when checking in if they are okay with a pet friendly room that's been cleaned (after all, that's part of what that fee is for). I think the Pluto welcome kit is super cute! And if you read the article, it comes with a special sign to put on the door so housekeeping knows there's a dog in the room. We always put "do not disturb" on the door if we have to leave our dogs in the room at a hotel, and we also bring their crates so it's not like they're running loose. I *think* it's either a rule or policy at most hotels that dogs need to be crated when left alone anyway. I trust that Disney has probably thought long & hard about this, and has a plan to cover all of these concerns, and we all know that you can contact them if you have any special needs or requests leading up to a trip.

As excited as I initially was at hearing this news, it's my understanding that Disney Springs and Boardwalk are NOT dog friendly. For me, that means there's no reason to bring my dogs and I'd leave them home. Especially at $50 or $75 per day! Most hotels I've stayed at with my pets charge $20/day. It'd be cheaper just to board them, and if there's nothing I can do with them in Disney World, for me there'd be no point to bring them. My guess is this news is going to be yet another thing that people completely freak out about, and then totally forget in a week. We'll find out in two days!

Disney needs to add this new policy to their resort booking engine, so guests are fully aware, before they book, of this policy change.

I wonder if those booking by phone are advised of the new policy to accept dogs in the guest rooms at the four resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter