Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

As a long time DVC Member , I've always understood the no ask rule, but there are times we've stayed in a studio and it was clear that the supplies were not replenished since there wasn't enough for our length of stay. In that case, I do ask.

"no ask rule"?? I've never heard that. From my standpoint, when I spent the cost of a couple of new cars not including thousands a year in dues, I have no problem asking for a few extra paper plates and plasticware if needed.

Maybe I'm just greedy, but I don't think so in this case.

:)

How far in advance do you call? If I made the requests when I booked the reservation, so I still need to call?

My recommendation is to make your requests when you make the reservation and then follow-up 7-10 days before the trip to reinforce your requests.

:goodvibes

Question about room categories at the Beach Club, if I want to request a ground level room what is the best room catagory to book? TIA

Page 1100-1102

Heading back for another F&W trip in 2018:drinking1. Can you please add me to the BOG list for 10/17 - 10/25 [BCV]. Thanks!

My pleasure! Will do with the next update.

:cheer2:

We have a Deluxe Studio at Beach Club Villas for our Dec 17-21 visit. I've been looking at pictures of the "kitchen" and I can't tell if the plates/bowls they provide are paper or washable/reusable. If paper, are they re-stocked daily? We plan to have breakfast in the room each morning and I need to know what to bring from home. Also, is the coffee maker just a 4 cup machine or is it full size? I looks like the 4 cup one in the pictures. Do they leave plenty of filters or should I bring some from home? We are 4 adults - 2 of us drink a lot of coffee!

Thanks for the help!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

It looks like others have answered your question about the coffee maker and plates in the villas.

Have a fantastic trip!

:cool2:

Was there from Tuesday-Saturday. Came back late from Christmas party on Thursday night to see all the Christmas decorations being delivered and put up. They were working on the carousel most of the day Friday. The smell was incredible.

Just starting: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C8dQl-txxTjc_jDo9m3-lch1tK45487Uhg/view?usp=sharing

Finishing touches: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kfKZMPqL8QYm41V7dCHy_F7sxSiX2-THmQ/view

Finished: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HNoUbfOlpK1cZJxs69ROrOFmsJ12H0UD5Q/view?usp=sharing

Decorations delivered: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F6NZLJiSariA1oXnTHpxTfz-fmQbDP878g/view?usp=sharing

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Thank you so much for sharing the progression of the carousel.

I hope your trip was wonderful

This is our view not bad for a standard view.

Thanks for the pictures! Makes me feel like I am there! (almost)

:laughing:

We have an accessible garden/woods view booked for February. Do you know if the refurbished
rooms still have the beds lower to the floor in the accessible rooms ..

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Yacht Club?

Others have offered great suggestions to make sure you emphasize the need for a normal/accessible bed height.

You are 100% right about the refurbished rooms at YC, I had to literally crawl up onto the bed as I was so high and my being only 5'3" plus there is no way to sit on the edge of the bed like one can normally when dressing.
I had an unfortunate accident my second night of our stay as I rolled over and fell out of bed. If you get too close to the edge you can slip right out onto the floor.
This resulted in my injuring both my knees my right foot my left upper arm, right elbow and my left temple which is cut and bruised.
Reported this to security.
I sleep the next 2 nights on the daybed rather than the bed
I should mention also the mattresses tend to slide off the platform rather easily

Also upon arrival we were given our room number but when we went upstairs the room was being worked on by a construction crew with hard hats after returning to the front desk we were given a new room and a $75 credit for our inconvenience.
I forgot to mention the shower door did not fully close and both rooms were very far from the lobby which my requests were upper floor/close to lobby. Fail on their part.
Our last morning the elevator decided to break down complete with alarm going off luckily the door open button worked and we were able to exit and use another elevator

Only saw one small dog being walked near the rear exit of YC and our room over looked the quiet pool but never heard or seen any dogs in that area.

Very sorry to hear the issues with the Yacht Club beds! My one stay there was pre-renovation and we really liked the resort. But I am even shorter than you are, so the bed height concerns me, as well as the possibility of falling out.

Sounds like you had to endure a lot of annoying issues.

:(

Wish-You-All-Happy-Thanksgiving-Glitter.gif

I haven’t been over “here” in awhile, but I wanted to wish Dee and everyone on this thread a Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of your helpful advice over the past few years and for the friendly community!

Page 1103-1104

Beach Club Gingerbread Carousel for 2017

Thank you!

There's no such thing as standard view at BCV. All the studios are the same category. Having said that yes there are rooms that face the quiet pool. I personally hate a 1st floor room but I know a lot of people like them. I've had a pool view many times at BCV (we own there). You'll need to ask the person you rented from to put in the room request for you. Keep in mind it's a request only. Have them request quiet pool view first floor, but do keep in mind that could mean a room at the end of the hall which is closer to the canal & parking lot then the pool. I think the quiet pool view rooms are a little quieter than the rooms that face the woods (sometimes road noise but not always) but I tend to be out of the room most of the day when people are at the pool. It's normally very quiet at night & you get a nice view of the sunrise in the morning if you're an early riser.

So question for anyone that's stayed CL recently. When I was down last month (not at YC or BC) I was so, so sad to see they've removed the freshly made chips from the BC Marketplace. Are they still serving them in the lounge? I could eat those chips all day every day.

@natebenma - can you add my dates to the guest list? I can't justify the cost of more than a 2 night stay anymore so I'm doing a split stay between YC CL & BCV in May. YC dates are 5/12-14. Thanks!

I'll add the dates to the list.

Bumping your question about the house made chips in the BC and YC CL

They made things extra confusing at the Yacht Club by closing the old Captains Grille and renaming it Ale and Compass Restaurant. And they named the quick service The Marketplace at Ale and Compass. It would have been less confusing if they gave them different names.

TOTALLY confusing!

::yes::

So excited to be returning to the YC in June 2018! We just returned from a 6 day stay (stayed @ OKW) and took advantage of booking the bounceback offer, getting 30% off our room only (we are AP holders). Since this will be a trip with no free dining, we decided to book a CL room to take advantage of easy breakfasts and snacks throughout the day. We have never stayed CL anywhere, so this will be exciting! Plus, DD (15) will be bringing her best friend with us. Looking forward to a great summer vacation!

:welcome: back!

:thumbsup2

Heading to BC for our second stay 12/25-1/1. Not staying Lagoon view this time—going with the standard, but excited nonetheless!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Question about room categories at the Beach Club, if I want to request a ground level room what is the best room catagory to book? TIA

Not standard view. I don't believe there are any ground floor standard view room.

I don't know if there are more ground floor garden view/woods view or water view.

We have a very detailed room map on Page 1, Post 8 for the Beach Club. I think you would be able count the number of each type of room to see if the ground floor has significantly more of one of those two categories

:magnify:

Last edited:
Thank you!

I'll add the dates to the list.

Bumping your question about the house made chips in the BC and YC CL

TOTALLY confusing!

::yes::

:thumbsup2

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Not standard view. I don't believe there are any ground floor standard view room.

I don't know if there are more ground floor garden view/woods view or water view.

We have a very detailed room map on Page 1, Post 8 for the Beach Club. I think you would be able count the number of each type of room to see if the ground floor has significantly more of one of those two categories

:magnify:

Great I will check out the map, I was thinking no standard and that is fine. Thank You!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Quick question for you Epcot experts....I’m having a hard time remembering where the ropes are set up in WS prior to 11. I’ve only ever grabbed breakfast at the French bakery when entering from the IG...so if I enter via FW, can I still get back there? And if so, which way? Past Mexico or Canada? TIA!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Quick question for you Epcot experts....I’m having a hard time remembering where the ropes are set up in WS prior to 11. I’ve only ever grabbed breakfast at the French bakery when entering from the IG...so if I enter via FW, can I still get back there? And if so, which way? Past Mexico or Canada? TIA!

Past Canada and UK, hang a left over the bridge. You'll be stopped at the rope past Norway, if you head the Mexico way.

Great I will check out the map, I was thinking no standard and that is fine. Thank You!

I would think a water view would work, but then again--there are no guarantees of getting a first floor room. Our personal favorite room is 1523 which overlooks the quiet pool and is in the wing closest to EPCOT. This room isn't or at least wasn't the last time we had it--a double queen but rather a single queen with a day bed and pull out single chair/bed.

I would think a water view would work, but then again--there are no guarantees of getting a first floor room. Our personal favorite room is 1523 which overlooks the quiet pool and is in the wing closest to EPCOT. This room isn't or at least wasn't the last time we had it--a double queen but rather a single queen with a day bed and pull out single chair/bed.
According to TP map all the ground floor rooms are either garden/woods or water view rooms. Hopefully we can get one

Are the alarm clocks back in the rooms at the BC or do you still have to ask for one?
Not sure if I should pack one

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!