Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are thinking of taking a daily afternoon rest/swim break (around 2:00-5:00ish). We will be there March 20-27th. Is the pool area usually packed around that time of year and time of day? Are all of the lawn chairs reserved by those who arrive early? Thanks for your info :)

Are you talking Stormalong Bay, or one of the quiet pools?

We are thinking of taking a daily afternoon rest/swim break (around 2:00-5:00ish). We will be there March 20-27th. Is the pool area usually packed around that time of year and time of day? Are all of the lawn chairs reserved by those who arrive early? Thanks for your info :)
Yes, that is probably the busiest time of day. And any time of year that has kids out of school make the pool busier. There are people you put their stuff on chairs to reserve them. And they are very tricky about it because that make it hard to distinguish between the pool piggies and people who actually are there.

I have had good luck finding chairs that have been abandoned with wet towels on them. I just clean up the towel mess and sit down. I haven't had a single person claim that I took their chair when I taken one of the chairs that just had wet towels and no other personal items on them.

There are often open chairs in the shady area near the Yacht Club side of the pool.

Hey guys! I was wondering if you could help out with a couple questions. We are staying in a BCV studio. Any recommendations on where to request a room? Also, are the paper dishes replenished or should we bring our own? Is silverware provided or do we have to bring plastic utensils? Thanks so much!!!

Hey guys! I was wondering if you could help out with a couple questions. We are staying in a BCV studio. Any recommendations on where to request a room? Also, are the paper dishes replenished or should we bring our own? Is silverware provided or do we have to bring plastic utensils? Thanks so much!!!
You'll need to call housekeeping to get paper dishes replenished. We do this on all of our visits and they're very prompt in servicing this request. Plastic utensils are provided as well for the startup and will be replenished with your paper dish request. In a pinch, you can always get plastic utensils in the marketplace. As far as room requests, I would go with the basics; high floor or low floor, near elevator, etc. BCV only has pool view and what is considered woods view. Some of the woods view higher floor rooms will have views of the higher illuminations fireworks.

You'll need to call housekeeping to get paper dishes replenished. We do this on all of our visits and they're very prompt in servicing this request. Plastic utensils are provided as well for the startup and will be replenished with your paper dish request. In a pinch, you can always get plastic utensils in the marketplace. As far as room requests, I would go with the basics; high floor or low floor, near elevator, etc. BCV only has pool view and what is considered woods view. Some of the woods view higher floor rooms will have views of the higher illuminations fireworks.

Thank you so much for your help!!! Is there a charge to request more paper products/utensils? Thanks!

Hello Dee , I have almost forgot to ask you to add me to the Be our Guest list for this summer . I will be there June 25 thru July 10 .
Thanks again , Michael . Have A Magical Day .

Can someone please post a picture of the new padded pool loungers by the BCV pool that I heard about ? (Unless I missed it)
Thanks !!!

Popping in here with a quick question...
Has anyone been successful using "Tables in Wonderland" at Hurricane Hanna's?
TIA!

Has anyone posted the pool activities schedule for Feb?
February 2018 Activities Calendar
(posted by Dee on 02/01/2018)
39989986962_6678f54a67_b.jpg

Popping in here with a quick question...
Has anyone been successful using "Tables in Wonderland" at Hurricane Hanna's?
TIA!

The Tables in Wonderland restaurant list does not appear to have been updated recently.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

At Yacht & Beach Club, it shows:
Beaches & Cream (but not take-out window)
Cape May Cafe
Martha's Vineyard
Ale & Compass Lounge
Captain's Grille
Crew's Cup Lounge
Yachtsman Steakhouse

If I’m not mistaken, TIW is only for table service restaurants.

The Tables in Wonderland restaurant list does not appear to have been updated recently.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

At Yacht & Beach Club, it shows:
Beaches & Cream (but not take-out window)
Cape May Cafe
Martha's Vineyard
Ale & Compass Lounge
Captain's Grille
Crew's Cup Lounge
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Thanks for the quick replies! We think of it as "Table Service" because we always sit right at the bar! :tongue:

If I read your original post accurately, you can walk but are worried about exhaustion due to recent surgery. Sounds from this post you are a rope dropper? If I remember correctly, you can rent a scooter at the actual park. The risk is that they run out, right? What I’m getting at is if you are going early, leave your scooter at hotel. Walk on bus and rent a scooter at the park. If you are there early, scooters should be available? Great news about staying at The BC YC is you can just ride your scooter right over to Epcot ... no bus needed. Enjoy your trip.
Now that I have done some research I think a walker/rollator will be the way to go.. I can fold it like stroller on the busses and use it in the parks, in line, and can sit and rest whenever I need a breather..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!