Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

i have a really dumb question. i really havent swam for over twenty years. my last trip to boardwalk, i made an attempt to swim but got overwhelmed by the pool, even the quiet pools and fled because of the issue below. this time im staying at BC specifically to overcome this fear and enjoy Stormalong - so i want to prepare in advance for what scared me off at boardwalk!

if all the chairs are taken - where do you put your stuff!?!?! your shoes, your towel, your coverup. i know lockers are for possessions, but these are the items you want when you step out of the water. can you just...put them on the ground? i know no pool etiquette! im a solo traveler, i have no help!

any feedback appreciated, and sorry for the novice questions!

Feel free to ask questions, there is no need to apologize, we are here to help! :grouphug:

... and I can help with this one. If you go to the pools and the chairs are taken look for personal items on the chair. That means that someone is at the pool and they are in fact using the chair. More than likely you are going to see chairs with just towels on them. Maybe the staff put them there maybe people are trying to save chairs. If you need a chair and there is just a towel on it I'd grab it.

Now here is the fun part. If you are worried that someone will come back and try to claim the chair that you have put your personal stuff on and are using, just MOVE THE CHAIR. That's right, RUN OFF WITH THE CHAIR.

When you move it a short distance away the chair pigs can't be sure that the chair YOU are using is the chair that they tried to hog when they weren't actually at the pool.

How clever is that?

If you see really large Sunken Treasure drinks on the chairs, saving them, then you can use the chair but you have to finish the drink. Good luck getting in a pool tube after that.

DeeChair.jpg

These giant Sunken Treasures are all over the pool just waiting for you to drink them...

Flip.jpg

After a few of them you will probably be shipwrecked on the sandbar and ready to play with the buckets...

buckets.jpg

In all seriousness be sure to take a lap around Stormalong Bay and look for all the nooks and crannies where the chairs are. Everybody pretty much goes to the crowded areas to look for chairs. There are Chairs up these steps (pictured below) and on top of the gazebo to the left in this picture. No one realizes there are chairs there. You could be the Queen of Stormalong Bay if you plopped down there.

NinjaTubes.jpg

Finally do not leave any valuables on your chair as the possibility exists that someone can steal them. Use those lockers at the pool if you can't keep them in sight as you are swimming. Poolside Lockers- located in pool area near Beaches & Cream entrance.

locker1.jpg

SAB arial view.jpg

Just ask if you have anymore questions. We all started out not knowing the answers and other people helped us. Now it's our turn to help you and we do so happily!

~NM
PS Don't forget your fancy bathing cap! We didn't...

WP_20150830_011.jpg

Last edited:
Feel free to ask questions, there is no need to apologize, we are here to help! :grouphug:

... and I can help with this one. If you go to the pools and the chairs are taken look for personal items on the chair. That means that someone is at the pool and they are in fact using the chair. More than likely you are going to see chairs with just towels on them. Maybe the staff put them there maybe people are trying to save chairs. If you need a chair and there is just a towel on it I'd grab it.

Now here is the fun part. If you are worried that someone will come back and try to claim the chair that you have put your personal stuff on and are using, just MOVE THE CHAIR. That's right, RUN OFF WITH THE CHAIR.

When you move it a short distance away the chair pigs can't be sure that the chair YOU are using is the chair that they tried to hog when they weren't actually at the pool.

How clever is that?

If you see really large Sunken Treasure drinks on the chairs, saving them, then you can use the chair but you have to finish the drink. Good luck getting in a pool tube after that.

View attachment 330074

These giant Sunken Treasures are all over the pool just waiting for you to drink them...

View attachment 330075

After a few of them you will probably be shipwrecked on the sandbar and ready to play with the buckets...

View attachment 330076

In all seriousness be sure to take a lap around Stormalong Bay and look for all the nooks and crannies where the chairs are. Everybody pretty much goes to the crowded areas to look for chairs. There are Chairs up these steps (pictured below) and on top of the gazebo to the left in this picture. No one realizes there are chairs there. You could be the Queen of Stormalong Bay if you plopped down there.

View attachment 330077

Finally do not leave any valuables on your chair as the possibility exists that someone can steal them. Use those lockers at the pool if you can't keep them in sight as you are swimming. Poolside Lockers- located in pool area near Beaches & Cream entrance.

View attachment 330078

View attachment 330079

Just ask if you have anymore questions. We all started out not knowing the answers and other people helped us. Now it's our turn to help you and we do so happily!

~NM

View attachment 330081

Where is the love button for this post?!?!

How clever is that?

View attachment 330074

View attachment 330075

View attachment 330076

View attachment 330077

View attachment 330078

View attachment 330079

~NM

View attachment 330081

you win for best reply. i feel like i might need something called...sunken treasure?? ;)
thanks for the tips. what you say makes total sense. i shall keep in mind thanks again!

Hey guys! Anyone there that can let us know if the friendship boats are running to HS yet? Thanks!

I hope they get them back up and running soon! I was looking forward to taking the boat to and from HS. We are there July 7-16 and it is our first stay at the BC.

Thanks for letting us know- are they able to give you a reopening date?

This is the best info we have so far about the expected date for the Friendship boats to resume service:

Latest public information:

Beginning June 4, 2018 until approximately June 23, 2018 Disney's Friendship Boat service is only available to Epcot, Disney's Boardwalk, and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club resorts and Swan / Dolphin. Bus service will be provided to Disney's Hollywood Studios during this time.

Dave

:boat:

I hope they get them back up and running soon! I was looking forward to taking the boat to and from HS. We are there July 7-16 and it is our first stay at the BC.

I hope they are up & running soon too. My mother in-law is traveling with us & enjoys taking the boat.

Have a fun vacation!

Page 1241

I can't believe I didn't put my dates down! June 17 - 23 (If I get us packed and out the door Saturday!)

We are planning on a couple of evenings just hanging around the resort and Boardwalk area since in all our trips we've never made it there. What is something in the area not to miss for couple traveling without kids? Jellyrolls?

Got your dates!

Wow! It's time! Have a great trip.

I can't really give you any advice about the Boardwalk- on my couple of visits there, it has never really been my thing. We haven't done Jellyrolls- for a lot of people it is a highlight of their trip. If you go, let us know what you think!

:goodvibes

Here now and did this at Hurricane Hannah’s yesterday. When we ordered our entree the CM stated it came with our choice of drink OR snack (we were holding our refillable mugs). We got veggies and hummus, chocolate chip cookie, and Mickey bars instead of drinks no problem!

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS.

Thanks for your on-the-spot reply to the question about drink/snack credits.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

::yes::

i have a really dumb question. i really havent swam for over twenty years. my last trip to boardwalk, i made an attempt to swim but got overwhelmed by the pool, even the quiet pools and fled because of the issue below. this time im staying at BC specifically to overcome this fear and enjoy Stormalong - so i want to prepare in advance for what scared me off at boardwalk!

if all the chairs are taken - where do you put your stuff!?!?! your shoes, your towel, your coverup. i know lockers are for possessions, but these are the items you want when you step out of the water. can you just...put them on the ground? i know no pool etiquette! im a solo traveler, i have no help!

any feedback appreciated, and sorry for the novice questions!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

I can't really add anything beyond the response from ~NinjaMom about the availability of chairs/loungers at Stormalong Bay except to say I have always been able to find at least one, somewhere, to put my stuff.

I guess the other thing I will add about swimming is that the lazy river is very deep in spots, but a lot of the pool is around 4 feet deep so even for people like me who are height-challenged are able to stand with our heads above the water.

:fish:

I did think of you! That was such a funny coincidence to run in to you twice that day!

We took time yesterday to wash our clothes and managed to lose three socks. What the heck? The quiet pool remains open but it’s not overly relaxing with the work being done. It wasn’t at all crowded, at least. The jib slide has been closed several times so the pool it empties into can be cleaned. It’s a bit silly at this point.

If anyone is contemplating using the Sandcastle Club before it closes at the end of July, we’ve used it twice this trip. Last night, we all planned to go to the MK since it was open until 1. My 6-year-old wanted to go back to the Sandcastle club instead. She had a fabulous time. It was pirate night. They met Captain Hook and made little pirate ships. They also got string bags to decorate and keep. I’m so sad they’re closing it. I guess the one at the contemporary will remain but that’s it. Another dad and I talked about how upset we were. I’m going to write an email, not that it will likely help. But it’s such a fun place for them to go.

Thanks for these very helpful bits of info.

I will never think of Small World without remembering how odd & lucky it was that you were in the exact loading corral behind me and we were able to ride together!

:boat: :crowded: :love:

Staying at BC standard room July 18-22, what are our chances of getting a daybed? How many standard rooms have daybeds?

Thanks all! So excited, main goal of this trip is pool/resort time with morning park time!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I really have no idea how many daybeds there are at the resort overall, or the percentage that are in standard rooms, but the info and advice from Dave006 is excellent.

::yes::

My wife and I will be staying in a studio room at the Beach Club Villas for the first time. We know about the difference in how housekeeping works since we did the point rental process. Is there anything else in general we need to know about when staying in a DVC room? Any tips/suggestions would be welcome.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, but I see you posted your trip dates in a previous post. I'll add you next time I do an update.

:cool2:

Page 1242

Hi everyone! Just got back from an amazing stay at YC, our 4th time staying at this resort, and our 5th time to Disney as a family. I wanted to give a recap of the YC pointing out the highlights, and areas that might need room for improvement. Overall we had a spectacular week and enjoyed bonding as a family, we are exhausted at the same time and it's good to be home sweet home now!

*snip*

Thanks for your excellent, detailed, candid review of your stay.

I would like to add this to our resort review/trip report section, whenever I finally have the time to do some thread maintenance.

:thanks:

Just got back Tuesday! We'd booked a SV CL room, and we were thrilled to see Velma, Hyacinth and Jenny again. :goodvibes Had a funny experience, though:

CM checking us in (one we hadn't met before): Your room is ready, but we've had to move you to one with a King bed. We'll bring a rollaway for your son.

Me, appalled: A King room??? How did that happen???

CM, looking concerned by my reaction: Unfortunately the availability of the rooms worked out this way. We can find a new room for you tomorrow if you'd like.

Me, really disappointed because of the kiddo being on a rollaway: No, that's not necessary, we'll make it work.

So off we go down the hall, looking for our SV room. We get further and further along the hall, still trying to find it, and I'm feeling even more frustrated, thinking we're going to end up in one of the rooms with the shared balcony. Then the room numbers don't match or make sense all of a sudden. We turn around, completely confused, spend a few more minutes trying to figure out where the heck the room is located.

There was a reason for this. Our room? Was 5198. And it isn't SV. :love:

View attachment 329767

I went back to the desk and told the CM, "If you ever have the gross misfortune to check me in again, PLEASE feel free to say to me, 'Hey, GOOFY! You're getting an upgrade!!!'" :tink:

DS loved the rollaway. We had tons of space in the room even with the additional furniture. I felt like the Queen of Disney on my monster king bed. It was completely wonderful. :love:

So glad that worked out for you!!!

:goodvibes

Glad you had a good trip but sorry you had some issues. Please write to the Yacht & Beach Club General Mgr. Kim Marinaccio
WDW.GM.YachtandBeach@Disney.com
What you posted above is what I would send. I try to write a note much like your post for each stay, stating the positives and any disappointments I may have encountered. Her office will get back to you fairly quickly to address your concerns. If you don't let them know about issues, they can't fix them. They will try to make it right for you and your family.
Honestly, if more people let them know how great their stay was or if there were any disappointments, it would only make the Y&BC better.

Thanks for the email address. I don't think I have seen that posted before, so I will add it to the resort contact info I have on Page 1.

:surfweb:

So excited that our dvc rental has gone through for next spring! We will be back at BCV Feb 28-Mar 10. We absolutely adored the beach club last year and are looking forward to another great trip.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list!

:cool1:

I've been meaning to post since Thursday, but I guess that tells you how jam-packed our days have been since we arrived ... We check out Monday, so we have to make the most of our time!

This is our first stay at the BC and I feel like we nabbed the brass ring of BC rooms. We booked a SV but got upgraded to a Garden View on the 4th floor (high floor, as requested). Two queens + daybed (as requested), a large balcony (not requested but nice), and we can see a sliver of fireworks (very loud but very cool). Our view includes a gazebo; I'm not sure if it's THE gazebo people get married in. We are close to the elevators (as requested), which is a little noisy, but I love that we can be in the lobby about 2 seconds after we think about heading there.

I'm not sure what's right above us on Club Level, but it seems to be an area that doesn't have carpet, because it seems we can hear everything dropped or placed on the floor. I can even hear the closet door rolling back and forth.

The pool is absolutely fantastic, and the kids and I loved Beaches and Cream. We'll be back on Monday with my husband so we can tackle a Kitchen Sink!

I have to say, we may be spoiled by the walk from BC to Epcot forever. For some reason, it's a nice walk than even the Grand Californian to DCA, ha ha.

I don't know if BC will ever be in our budget again, but it sure has made an impression.

I've been meaning to post since Thursday, but I guess that tells you how jam-packed our days have been since we arrived ... We check out Monday, so we have to make the most of our time!

This is our first stay at the BC and I feel like we nabbed the brass ring of BC rooms. We booked a SV but got upgraded to a Garden View on the 4th floor (high floor, as requested). Two queens + daybed (as requested), a large balcony (not requested but nice), and we can see a sliver of fireworks (very loud but very cool). Our view includes a gazebo; I'm not sure if it's THE gazebo people get married in. We are close to the elevators (as requested), which is a little noisy, but I love that we can be in the lobby about 2 seconds after we think about heading there.

I'm not sure what's right above us on Club Level, but it seems to be an area that doesn't have carpet, because it seems we can hear everything dropped or placed on the floor. I can even hear the closet door rolling back and forth.

The pool is absolutely fantastic, and the kids and I loved Beaches and Cream. We'll be back on Monday with my husband so we can tackle a Kitchen Sink!

I have to say, we may be spoiled by the walk from BC to Epcot forever. For some reason, it's a nice walk than even the Grand Californian to DCA, ha ha.

I don't know if BC will ever be in our budget again, but it sure has made an impression.
That sounds like my dream room- we have garden view booked in July. After you check out, would you mind sharing the room number? Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about BC.We arrive next Sat. and are super excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter