Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Wow, thanks for the detailed response Jen. This was very interesting for me to read. It sounds like things were about what I would have reasonably expected I suppose, and I’m sorry your trip ended in a manner that obviously was vastly different than what your family anticipated. It also seems like you focused on the positive. Out of curiosity, was SAB still open during those last few days?

We still plan to reschedule (I have always wanted to stay at Beach Club), but I have to acknowledge that I don’t really have a good idea at the moment of when that will be. Here’s hoping you and yours made it back home safely!

EDIT: I just reread your post and saw that you mentioned swimming, so I guess SAB must have indeed still been open.
Happy to share my experience :) And, as you noted, we were indeed able to swim at SAB. Not much wait to go down the slide which was a bonus!

We did make it home safely this morning and now I'm in the midst of putting away all the clean clothes we didn't get a chance to wear and washing the rest!

It was definitely disappointing but what can you do, really, but focus on the positive. We got to enjoy a few days of sunshine, we got VERY lucky at HS (Boarding group 6 for RoR! Fastpass for SR! 40 minute wait for MMRR!), the crowds seemed much lower than usual for spring break and we felt we accomplished a LOT more than usual on our park days. And we know we're fortunate enough to be able to return again in the future, especially with the refund coming to me for our unused hotel and ticket days!

We also think it's an interesting experience to be part of. Years from now when people talk about the time Disney closed for a global pandemic we'll be able to say, "We were there!!" We know that some people are thrilled when they get evacuated from a park attraction. Well, we got evacuated from the entire park :rotfl2:

Just popping on to say Hi. Hope everyone that had to cut their trip short was able to enjoy their time in the world before heading home. Hopefully a few weeks of everyone staying home will curb the cases enough to let everyone back out into the word soon. 3 weeks working from home with the kids is definitely challenging but we are making it work and looking forward to our trip to Disney this summer. Hopefully it will still happen as scheduled but if we need to postpone we will. Just rolling with it right now! Stay Healthy everyone!

How are things in your part of the world?
Pretty grim to be honest. Universities, restaurants, bars, cinemas, museums and basically all public places are closed with the exception of chemists and grocery shops and some clothes shops (though I think they will also close soon). Most schools closed until Friday while awaiting government guidance in the North. They have already closed in the South of Ireland. Thank goodness for both modern technology and good old fashioned board games 😊👍
Hope you are doing ok

Pretty grim to be honest. Universities, restaurants, bars, cinemas, museums and basically all public places are closed with the exception of chemists and grocery shops and some clothes shops (though I think they will also close soon). Most schools closed until Friday while awaiting government guidance in the North. They have already closed in the South of Ireland. Thank goodness for both modern technology and good old fashioned board games 😊👍
Hope you are doing ok
Sounds fairly similar to how things are going around the States. Being so much larger, we do have some areas that have more severe activity, than others. Where I live, restaurants and taverns only are allowed carry-out and delivery. Most businesses are shutting down including many department stores. Almost all smaller businesses, except for necessary ones, i.e. grocery stores, pharmacies (chemists) are closed, indefinately. Our state's governor has ordered all schools shut down, so students are supposed to do home learning, sometimes online, others by lesson plans handed out by schools.

Our hospitals and medical professionals are truly on the front lines and deserve our gratitude and appreciation for putting themselves on the frontline.

I hope that by everyone following orders and staying at home, this nightmare will plateau, so that the medical facilities are able to handle the demand; as it looks right now, it's questionable.

Hoping everyone stays safe and well and keep their heads up.

Sounds fairly similar to how things are going around the States. Being so much larger, we do have some areas that have more severe activity, than others. Where I live, restaurants and taverns only are allowed carry-out and delivery. Most businesses are shutting down including many department stores. Almost all smaller businesses, except for necessary ones, i.e. grocery stores, pharmacies (chemists) are closed, indefinately. Our state's governor has ordered all schools shut down, so students are supposed to do home learning, sometimes online, others by lesson plans handed out by schools.

Our hospitals and medical professionals are truly on the front lines and deserve our gratitude and appreciation for putting themselves on the frontline.

I hope that by everyone following orders and staying at home, this nightmare will plateau, so that the medical facilities are able to handle the demand; as it looks right now, it's questionable.

Hoping everyone stays safe and well and keep their heads up.

Things changing rapidly here! News has just announced all schools here now closed with immediate effect! I’m currently quarantined in bed with what i hope is the common cold but not taking any chances with the rest of my family. Definitely hoping people follow the rules so that we all come through this together will as few fatalities as possible.

Last edited:

Alas, we have to ask to be removed from the Be Our Guest list once again (nov 28, BC).... Our air fare was credited, but our tickets need to be used by the original purchase date - so that means we needed to change our dates once again, and unfortunately, there was no availability in BC or YC, so we ended up at Boardwalk...

sigh

Good luck to everyone with upcoming trips... and good health to all! :love2:

EDITED: OOPS, I see that our original April 18 date is still on the list.... that too can now be removed... bummer.

Dee - please add us to the BOG list for Oct 24-30, at the YC.

We had originally booked a bounceback reservation for the only dates in October that were available for the 30% discount, and the only available Epcot resort at that time was the BWI. When DH and I were at the BC earlier this month, we took a walk around the Boardwalk, trying to imagine staying there. BWI is a lovely resort and I know many people love it, but we decided that if we could switch to YC/BC then we would. We know that resort availabity changes all the time with the discounts. So I called the bounceback number before all the craziness with the Covid-19 issues happened and by adding one day to our trip, a day that is rack rate :eek: , we were able to get a reservation at the YC. :)

We had originally booked a bounceback reservation for the only dates in October that were available for the 30% discount, and the only available Epcot resort at that time was the BWI. When DH and I were at the BC earlier this month, we took a walk around the Boardwalk, trying to imagine staying there. BWI is a lovely resort and I know many people love it, but we decided that if we could switch to YC/BC then we would. We know that resort availabity changes all the time with the discounts. So I called the bounceback number before all the craziness with the Covid-19 issues happened and by adding one day to our trip, a day that is rack rate :eek: , we were able to get a reservation at the YC. :)
I know that the end of October is always busy. Out of curiosity, which night did you have to book at rack rate?

We'll be at the BCVs 10/21 - 10/29! If you see someone walking around with a Providence shirt on please say Hi! I promise to stay at least 6 feet away! :scratchin

Hi everyone!
I'm new to DISboards and am a frequent visitor of BC/YC (my dad's fav resorts!), so I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! My name is Maddie and my family is planning our next WDW vacation for May/June 2021 for my 21st bday 🥳!

I hope everyone is staying safe & healthy! So sorry to hear of everyone who's had a trip get cancelled/postponed 😢

Hi everyone!
I'm new to DISboards and am a frequent visitor of BC/YC (my dad's fav resorts!), so I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! My name is Maddie and my family is planning our next WDW vacation for May/June 2021 for my 21st bday 🥳!

I hope everyone is staying safe & healthy! So sorry to hear of everyone who's had a trip get cancelled/postponed 😢
Hi Maddie,

WDW is a great place for a 21st birthday celebration! I'm taking my daughter for hers around New year's. We are doing deluxe dining and trying some delicious adult beverages! 😊 Can't wait!

We booked a back up stay in a studio at disney beach club villas. I have never stayed in a studio before. For 2 adults and 1 toddler did you find the accommodations to be tight? I am going in with the head I am even thankful to be on disney with everything going on. But the lack of drawer space is worrisome to me. Any tips for creating extra space while staying in the disney villa studios. we would have a stroller too

We booked a back up stay in a studio at disney beach club villas. I have never stayed in a studio before. For 2 adults and 1 toddler did you find the accommodations to be tight? I am going in with the head I am even thankful to be on disney with everything going on. But the lack of drawer space is worrisome to me. Any tips for creating extra space while staying in the disney villa studios. we would have a stroller too
We're 2 adults, no toddler and the BCV studio suits us fine. There is limited drawer space in the studios so you'll have to be creative by using the drawer space in the coffee table and end table.
In addition, there is plenty of closet space so you can hang things up as appropriate. There's a shelf in the closet to lay things on as well. Last resort, use the luggage stand to hold one of your suitcases and use that for "storage". We usually place this to the right of the TV dresser adjacent to the foot of the bed.

So, we haven’t cancelled our April trip yet, but it’s not looking good. It’s supposed to be April 16-20, and with Disney just cancelling that weekend’s marathon, my gut says they’re thinking of still being closed then. And, although we have flights, the agent I cancelled March flights (non-WDW trip) with mentioned she had gotten a memo about there being no international (including the US) flights for 30 days, which would put them flying again on April 22. Playing it by ear, but it’s not looking good.

I booked a backup trip for May 1-5, YC garden view. Hopefully we’ll have all been released from captivity by then.

I know that the end of October is always busy. Out of curiosity, which night did you have to book at rack rate?
The bounceback discount dates are Oct 25-30th. I didn't want to be away from home on Halloween, so I called Disney to see if adding Saturday, Oct 24th would make a difference. The CM found an opening for YC for Oct 24-30th with Saturday at rack rate. YC was available. So, even though Saturday is the most expensive day to pay rack rate, with all things considering, including the fact that discounts in October will be hard to come by, I was glad to get it.

We haven't stayed at the YC since it has been remodeled and I am looking forward to staying there. I'll request a walk in shower, too. :) The Marketplace at Ale and Compass has made the YC a really good place to stay. :)

We'll be at the BCVs 10/21 - 10/29! If you see someone walking around with a Providence shirt on please say Hi! I promise to stay at least 6 feet away! :scratchin
I'll be on the lookout for you. :)

Last edited:
The bounceback discount dates are Oct 25-30th. I didn't want to be away from home on Halloween, so I called Disney to see if adding Saturday, Oct 24th would make a difference. The CM found an opening for YC or BC for Oct 24-30th with Saturday at rack rate. YC was available. So, even though Saturday is the most expensive day to pay rack rate, with all things considering, including the fact that discounts in October will be hard to come by, I was glad to get it.

We haven't stayed at the YC since it has been remodeled and I am looking forward to staying there. I'll request a walk in shower, too. :) The Marketplace at Ale and Compass has made the YC a really good place to stay
Thanks so much for the reply, Sue. I tried to move a May BB to the same October weekend, several times. I wonder if that Saturday is blocked for BB. The only BB that was available at the BC was for a Deluxe; I did not ask what that room rate was.

You will really like the refurbed YC. With all that is going on, it makes me believe that the YC rooms with hard flooring, instead of carpet, is a more sanitary environment. I also like the FriendShip dock being right out the back door of the YC.

Thanks again, Sue!

Like many others here, we were supposed to be at YC in April (18th-25th). I have backup trips planned at the end of May and end of June, and I'm hoping one of those will be a go. If not, we will reschedule to later in the year. We haven't cancelled our April trip yet, but will be doing that in the next week so I can switch our tickets to be able to make FP for our May dates.

I know there are worse things happening in the world right now, but I'm still feeling pretty upset about our trip being cancelled/postponed. This is going to be our baby's 1st trip to WDW. We were wanting to go before he gets too mobile, but looks like that's not going to happen. He is 6 months old and already crawling and cruising along furniture, so I'm thinking he will be an early walker :eek:

Anyway, hoping everyone is hanging in there and that we can all get back to our happy place soon :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter