Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Like many others here, we were supposed to be at YC in April (18th-25th). I have backup trips planned at the end of May and end of June, and I'm hoping one of those will be a go. If not, we will reschedule to later in the year. We haven't cancelled our April trip yet, but will be doing that in the next week so I can switch our tickets to be able to make FP for our May dates.
I am cautiously optimistic that the end of May will be okay, but then I have always been the optimist. ;) Our daughter is a teacher and was supposed be at WDW with a class trip today, but that was rescheduled for Memorial weekend. Their fp date is Monday. I hope things are better by then. :)

Hi Maddie,

WDW is a great place for a 21st birthday celebration! I'm taking my daughter for hers around New year's. We are doing deluxe dining and trying some delicious adult beverages! 😊 Can't wait!
That sounds awesome! New Years will be a great time to go! My family is hoping to do the "drink around the world" challenge at Epcot ☺

I am cautiously optimistic that the end of May will be okay, but then I have always been the optimist. ;) Our daughter is a teacher and was supposed be at WDW with a class trip today, but that was rescheduled for Memorial weekend. Their fp date is Monday. I hope things are better by then. :)

our districts 8th grade trip for early June was just cancelled by the school.

It was the right decision for them. I don't have anyone going, but I help with the planning every year.

In other non-travel news, today was the day we were scheduled to return from Costa Rica. Just learned that the final leg of the flight, JFK to Logan in Boston has been cancelled.

So much has changed in such a short time.

I usually try to stay positive and non-preachy, but I hope this message can start spreading more quickly than anything else:

Longer.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you’re all staying safe and well. It’s Mother’s Day here in Ireland today so I will be being a lady of leisure at home and chatting with my daughter and grandson via Skype while the boys (still living at home) cook dinner instead of our usual treat of going to a restaurant. I will also be celebrating the fact that we have both wine. & toilet paper 🧻 🍷😂. It’s the little things thatl matter isn’t it!:rotfl:

Hey, friends! Hope everyone and their families are doing well in these challenging times. TBH, I haven't had the motivation or attitude to do much posting. Plus, with the shutdown of activity at WDW (and everywhere else), there hasn't been much activity, but I will spend a bit of non-news-monitoring time this morning* catching up from the past week. I do know we have a couple of new folks who have joined us so I need to give them the proper welcome.

*ETA... this afternoon or evening

:grouphug:

Today's cute, but important (and almost on-topic) PSA:

piglet.jpg

Last edited:
DH, DD, and I will be back at the Yacht Club May 8 - 11. We stayed CL back in June and now looking forward to a Mother's Day weekend back in CL water view.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

We finally booked our trip. We are staying at Port Orleans- French Quarter the first week of September. We got the free dining plan.

Thanks for letting us know. Hope you have a fantastic trip.

:thumbsup2

We had to cancel our April 18-25 trip today due to complications that would happen if either of us come down with the corona virus. My traveling companion works in a senior care facility and cannot afford to have that kind of exposure and take that risk of needing to be quarantined after our return. So, it is with great sadness that I ask to have our trip removed from the Be Our Guest list. I'm hoping to reschedule for November and will update when our reservation is confirmed.

Good news, we've re-booked Beach Club GV for Nov 28 - Dec 5.... a placeholder anyway, and give the two crazy ladies on scooters something to look forward to! Right now, it's at rack rate :faint:... so we are definitely hoping some kind of Special Offer comes along,....

Dee, could you please add us back to the BOG list? I just love seeing our reservation there!

I'm sorry your original trip was cancelled, but glad to hear you have something in the hopper for the fall. I'll add your trip to the list.

Thank you to your traveling companion for making the responsible decision. My dad is in a senior living apartment connected to a nursing home and I am thankful every day for the care they are showing for all of the residents especially in these uncertain times.

:hug:

Trying to decide where to stay next. BC has been on my mind for awhile now but I'm worried that Storm Along Bay causes too much traffic? I prefer a more relaxing resort after dealing with the crowds all day.

What are your thoughts on the crowds at the resort/storm along bay?

But is it that the only pool for both Yacht & Beach Club? That seems like it would constantly be crowded?
Also, I had read someone recommending a reservation for Beaches & Cream?
Also what is the general food court/QS area?
Sorry for all the questions, when I look it up it's showing all dining for both Yacht & BC

:welcome:

Please let us know if you book a trip to the Beach Club (or Yacht Club)

@PCFriar80 gave some excellent information in the post below.

I just wanted to add that if you are looking for something a little quieter and laid-back, you may want to check out the YC. The Beach Club lobby tends to be a little more crowded with the Cape May Cafe drawing families from other resorts for the character breakfast.

The info about Stormalong Bay below is spot-on.

If you want to read more about the dining options, check out Page 1, Post 7 of this thread for detailed dining info.

::yes::

Stormalong Bay serves both the YC and BC and is very large, not only in surface area but in actual pool space. Yes it can get crowded at peak times, generally speaking mid to late afternoon especially when the weather is warmer. There are a ton of lounge chairs and also tables. Some remote locations [away from the actual pool] are also available on the fringe by the fences and also upper level seating above Hurricane Hannahs. If this is too crowded for you there are 3 quiet pools at your disposal that serve the resorts. Another option if you want to spend the $$$ is to rent a cabana, either 1/2 or full day.

To answer your other questions, an ADR is recommended for Beaches & Cream. While recently expanded to accommodate larger crowds it is still a hot spot for dining and ice cream. They also have a "take out" window which serves ice cream and other ice cream /drink concoctions.

The QS options for YC/BC include the Beach Club Marketplace, The Market at Ale & Compass - YC [both indoors] and Hurricane Hannahs which is just outside the gates of SAB on the Crescent Lake walkway.

:thanks:

Monday is my FP day and I am proceeding with guarded optimism. Have a DVC rental reservation at BCV May 15-20 and I have every intention of going (at least for now). Hoping the parks have reopened and things are returning to normalcy by then, but I would do a resort-only stay.

:welcome:

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

So, we haven’t cancelled our April trip yet, but it’s not looking good. It’s supposed to be April 16-20, and with Disney just cancelling that weekend’s marathon, my gut says they’re thinking of still being closed then. And, although we have flights, the agent I cancelled March flights (non-WDW trip) with mentioned she had gotten a memo about there being no international (including the US) flights for 30 days, which would put them flying again on April 22. Playing it by ear, but it’s not looking good.

I booked a backup trip for May 1-5, YC garden view. Hopefully we’ll have all been released from captivity by then.

The airline just cancelled our April flights, so that trip is likely done for. However, DH needed me to move the May trip a week later due to work stuff, and it was cheaper that weekend, so we’re now May 7-10 at YC club level. And we’ve got a trip in September that we were able to adjust the bounceback for, now YC garden view, Sept 18-22.

We will get back to Disney eventually! I can’t keep pretending that my bathtub is SAB’s lazy river...just not the same, ya know?

Last edited:

We will get back to Disney eventually! I can’t keep pretending that my bathtub is SAB’s lazy river...just not the same, ya know?

Yea, when I took a bubble bath the other day I used Disney toiletries so I could pretend I was there! I made totchos last night for dinner and we pretended we were eating them at Woody's Lunchbox. We'll just keep doing little things to feel magical till we can get back.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Page 1612

Cancelled my trip to YC April 30th thru May 4th. Also moved my Dream Cruise to 2021. But good news rebooked a longer trip to the YC 11/14 thru 11/21. 😁

I'll update the list.

:goodvibes

We actually just checked out of the Beach Club this morning. We started our trip last Wednesday when the advice from our (Canadian) government was basically to just be cautious with handwashing/face-touching and social distance while traveling. Well obviously things escalated quickly! We did manage to spend one day in each of the four theme parks before they shut down and yesterday we spent some time at the pool and did some shopping at Disney Springs. While it was absolutely slammed at Disney Springs yesterday, everything else started to feel like a ghost town. We rent a car when we're at WDW and there was almost no traffic at all around the world (except for the aforementioned Disney Springs). Most of the area surrounding WDW also seems to be shutting down. We drove up to the Crossroads plaza at the end of Hotel boulevard looking for supper last night but absolutely everything was closed!

On Monday morning there was a lot of foot traffic in the Beach club lobby as tonnes of people seemed to be checking out. By last night, the lobby was pretty much empty, which is unusual for spring break time. Also, we didn't once have to wait for the Coca Cola freestyle machine the entire length of our stay, which is unheard of during spring break! Usually both of them were available when we went to the marketplace.

It was very pretty and quiet but in almost an eerie way. And the cast members were friendly as always but seemed stressed out (understandably). They were SO apologetic and really hoped this experience wouldn't prevent us from trying them out again (it won't). Here's hoping we get a handle on this virus so we can resume our Disney trips!

Thanks for giving us a peek into what it was like during the final days of your trip.

We were at BCV Sat and Sun this past weekend. We left Monday morning - which had actually been our original plan for many months - just worked out it was the day the theme parks were closing. We spent a little less time in the parks over the weekend - we actually enjoyed a 90-degree Sunday at SAB, and it wasn't that crowded. I think the parks were a bit fuller with folks trying to enjoy the parks one last day.

I heard starting Monday, the pools and DIsney Springs were way more crowded, as those folks remaining really had little else available to do.

Sure hoping the measures the country is taking finally will pay off in the near future. It's a difficult situation. Looking forward to some sort of normal again, including Disney!

:welcome: to posting on this forum.

Thanks for sharing the observances from the last days of your trip.

Well, we had to cancel our spring break trip for next week, but good news is we rescheduled for May at YC! Dee, can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list for 5/29-6/2? Fingers crossed the World is back to “normal” by then! Hugs to all during this time!

Will do!

:thumbsup2

Alas, we have to ask to be removed from the Be Our Guest list once again (nov 28, BC).... Our air fare was credited, but our tickets need to be used by the original purchase date - so that means we needed to change our dates once again, and unfortunately, there was no availability in BC or YC, so we ended up at Boardwalk...

sigh

Good luck to everyone with upcoming trips... and good health to all! :love2:

EDITED: OOPS, I see that our original April 18 date is still on the list.... that too can now be removed... bummer.

I will be updating the list later today.

Wishing you a wonderful trip in the fall at the BW. Will you keep checking to see if there availability opens up here?

:cool2:

Dee - please add us to the BOG list for Oct 24-30, at the YC.

We had originally booked a bounceback reservation for the only dates in October that were available for the 30% discount, and the only available Epcot resort at that time was the BWI. When DH and I were at the BC earlier this month, we took a walk around the Boardwalk, trying to imagine staying there. BWI is a lovely resort and I know many people love it, but we decided that if we could switch to YC/BC then we would. We know that resort availabity changes all the time with the discounts. So I called the bounceback number before all the craziness with the Covid-19 issues happened and by adding one day to our trip, a day that is rack rate :eek: , we were able to get a reservation at the YC. :)

Will do!

Page 1613

I will be updating the Be Our Guest list sometime today.

For the foreseeable future, all changes to the list will be made with non-permanent virtual ink, but hopeful optimism.

Hi everyone!
I'm new to DISboards and am a frequent visitor of BC/YC (my dad's fav resorts!), so I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! My name is Maddie and my family is planning our next WDW vacation for May/June 2021 for my 21st bday 🥳!

I hope everyone is staying safe & healthy! So sorry to hear of everyone who's had a trip get cancelled/postponed 😢

Hi Maddie!!!

So sorry it has taken so long for me to get around to giving you an offical :welcome:

I'll add your 21st Birthday Celebration trip to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

That sounds awesome! New Years will be a great time to go! My family is hoping to do the "drink around the world" challenge at Epcot ☺

:drinking1

So, we haven’t cancelled our April trip yet, but it’s not looking good. It’s supposed to be April 16-20, and with Disney just cancelling that weekend’s marathon, my gut says they’re thinking of still being closed then. And, although we have flights, the agent I cancelled March flights (non-WDW trip) with mentioned she had gotten a memo about there being no international (including the US) flights for 30 days, which would put them flying again on April 22. Playing it by ear, but it’s not looking good.

I booked a backup trip for May 1-5, YC garden view. Hopefully we’ll have all been released from captivity by then.

The airline just cancelled our April flights, so that trip is likely done for. However, DH needed me to move the May trip a week later due to work stuff, and it was cheaper that weekend, so we’re now May 7-10 at YC club level. And we’ve got a trip in September that we were able To adjust the bounceback for, now YC garden view, Sept 18-22.

The uncertainty and hour-by-hour changes are very frustrating! Especially for planners like us!

I'll add the (revised) May and September trips to the list.

Like many others here, we were supposed to be at YC in April (18th-25th). I have backup trips planned at the end of May and end of June, and I'm hoping one of those will be a go. If not, we will reschedule to later in the year. We haven't cancelled our April trip yet, but will be doing that in the next week so I can switch our tickets to be able to make FP for our May dates.

I know there are worse things happening in the world right now, but I'm still feeling pretty upset about our trip being cancelled/postponed. This is going to be our baby's 1st trip to WDW. We were wanting to go before he gets too mobile, but looks like that's not going to happen. He is 6 months old and already crawling and cruising along furniture, so I'm thinking he will be an early walker :eek:

Anyway, hoping everyone is hanging in there and that we can all get back to our happy place soon :earsboy:

I'll pencil in your back-up trips onto the list.

And now for something different to help lighten the mood and bring some welcome distraction to us all.

Feel free to post your favorite or memorable Beach Club/Yacht Club/Beach Club Villa photo or story. Just one, for now.

If you are new here and have not stayed at the resort yet, you can still play. Post something from a past Disney trip or something else that makes you smile.

Be well, my friends.

Last edited:
Here's my story. It is now a bittersweet memory for a couple of reasons, but it is none-the-less the funniest thing that has happened to me at the Beach Club. It competes with meeting Teena the Greeter as a pivotal BC memory, but you can read about that one on Page 1, Post Something.

Not entirely necessary, but here is some backstory, the explanatory chapter from my trip report for Ben's 8th grade class trip in 2015:

"I Can Organize This Trip in My Sleep!" June 2015

A lot of you have already seen this chapter from "Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys" August 2015, originally posted December 24, 2015, but it is always good for a chuckle:

Woozy: I had to sleep with one eye open. That's why I wear sunglasses.

This is what happened Sunday night after we got back from the Top of the World lounge.

I had my notebook and folder next to me in bed so I could write my trip notes. I took my sleeping pill and fell asleep holding my phone.

When the monkeys saw that I was asleep, ~Ninja took the phone out of my hand.

I kept repeating “I have my phone. I have my folder. I have work to do”

Then this happened…

Honestly, this is me fast asleep.

SB%201.jpg

Rebecca was amused that my thumb was in mid-text and I did not put my thumb down.

At one point Rebecca asked me how I was and I answered “Woozy”, the same word I used with my friend L. on the class trip.

The next few pictures are from the series "The Monkeys Decorate Dee"

SB2.jpg

SB3.jpg

SB4.jpg

SB5.jpg

The final product:

SB6.jpg

I don’t remember any of this and didn't realize what had happened until they showed me the pictures the next morning.

Monkey Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

:santa:

Last edited:
Page 1613

I will be updating the Be Our Guest list sometime today.

For the foreseeable future, all changes to the list will be made with non-permanent virtual ink, but hopeful optimism.

Hi Maddie!!!

So sorry it has taken so long for me to get around to giving you an offical :welcome:

I'll add your 21st Birthday Celebration trip to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:drinking1

The uncertainty and hour-by-hour changes are very frustrating! Especially for planners like us!

I'll add the (revised) May and September trips to the list.

I'll pencil in your back-up trips onto the list.

Thanks, Dee! ☺

And now for something different to help lighten the mood and bring some welcome distraction to us all.

Feel free to post your favorite or memorable Beach Club/Yacht Club/Beach Club Villa photo or story. Just one, for now.

If you are new here and have not stayed at the resort yet, you can still play. Post something from a past Disney trip or something else that makes you smile.

Be well, my friends.

Great idea! I won't bore you with specific memories because I have a lot! I'll just say that we're fortunate enough to be BCV owners since 2002, and our experiences go from surviving being there for hurricane Wilma, numerous F&W festivals with some memorable Eat to the Beat acts, and 16 marathon weekend events! So, I'll leave you with some memorable room [balcony photos] over that last 15 years!

Room 561 [2006]
lS0ONEq.jpg

Room 516 [2009]
Ny4ijXd.jpg

Room 531 [2013]
7cvgUZp.jpg

And the best Studio Balcony at BCV! Room 431 {more than 3 times!}
u9biAgu.jpg

I have told my story before, but I’ll tell it again. My dad passed away in October of 2015. He loved WDW & always asked me to take him in my suitcase. Most of my family believes in “signs” & we got many in the weeks after he died. Dad always asked us if we got any special treatment because we went & stayed CL so often. I always just laughed & said other people went way more than we did. My DH & I had a trip in early December. We were 3 nights Tower Club at CR then 4 nights at YC CL. We were in total shock when we checked in at CR & were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite! We enjoyed the time there but were just as happy to move on to our home away from home at the YC. The CM how greeted us at check in was excited to tell us we were upgraded... to a 2 bedroom suite!! And The Admiral’s Suite at that, according to the CM it is the largest suite at the YC.

EB5C3025-DFD0-47B9-9055-DD9B7D7BDE85.pngE0785824-E3C1-40DF-B646-E06E7E081D0C.pngF9707F62-A7A9-46CE-BC31-CBFE9704DDE2.png

EE5EC55F-91EB-4397-916B-241E73F117C8.png

These reservations were bouncebacks made the December before. The CM was so nice when I was making them. I told her we were going to Disneyland to celebrate their 60th anniversary in September & would then come to WDW to celebrate my DHs 60th in December. I joked about how Disney celebrates for a year so we would too. She remarked several times that she would mark down my DHs birthday because “you never jnow what magic will happen”. I totally forgot that until we got these wonderful upgrades. So it might have been that, but my family pretty much believes Dad gave us the little extra magic he always thought we should get. :angel:

Like @PCFriar80 i have a ton of happy memories from over the years but I’m going to share just 2 photos that show the beginning of the most magical day on our 2017 trip. Due to jet lag we are always up bright and early or actually dark and early as we always see the sunrise that first day and for that alone I’m always grateful. It’s the day when, no matter how old they’ve gotten, my kids are happy to have an early morning stroll ( especially around the boardwalk from the YC/BC) with their mum. The excitement of finally arriving at our destination oozes from every pore of each and every one of us and all the pleasures that holidays bring are all still ahead of us:cloud9:
The second photo was also taken that 1st day in 2017 when magically my youngest “had the power” his words at the time not mine❤87D8D7C5-91D0-4647-AAF9-206645FE584C.jpeg

Last edited:
Just an FYI - Called today to reserve a cabana for early September 2020. The cost for a full day is $265.19 and the AP discount (15%) only goes to August 22 in the system. Doesn’t mean it’s gone away, I will be calling back in a few months to ask about the discount.
Do you know if cabana prices change seasonally like rooms do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!