Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

This will be our first time to the resort - DH and I love a fun mixed drink -
What are some recommendations from HH? I love a Pina Colavva but I can get that anywhere - anyone have any faves or must orders for vacation mode?

Thanks!
Do they still make Sunken Treasures at HH? I know they are not on the menu, but maybe if your bring along the recipe?

Attachments

• Sunken Treasure Cocktail.pdf
    61.2 KB · Views: 6
Do they still make Sunken Treasures at HH? I know they are not on the menu, but maybe if your bring along the recipe?

I was told, rather rudely, by one of the bartenders, "If it's not on the menu, we don't make it - we don't normally work here!" However, I'm sure if you see Tom at HH, he will happily make you a Sunken Treasure. He's been the main bartender at HH for a long time and is very well versed with the menu items, new and old! We traveled 10/10-10/16, so this was rather recently.

Black Cherry Lemonades are a big hit with our group - also not on the menu - but Tom makes a mean one!

Joining this thread as it looks like we (me sfbank and DH IowaHawkeye) will be staying here next October. At first I was looking as a placeholder until the Boardwalk opens back up. Now with that not happening in the foreseeable future and watching videos I am starting to like the Yacht Club more and more. Will jump on club level if it opens back up Our dates are Oct 19-Oct 30.

This will be our first time to the resort - DH and I love a fun mixed drink -
What are some recommendations from HH? I love a Pina Colavva but I can get that anywhere - anyone have any faves or must orders for vacation mode?

Thanks!

The CAT 5, of course!

Also, granted you can get it anywhere but DW and I swear the Frose tastes better from HH. Don’t know if it’s just the setting, the memories, the state of mind, or what, butit’s always so tasty on a hot day at SAB.

Minnie Van Historical Information

It appears that the Disney-sponsored Minnie Van service launched in August 2017 has been discontinued, October 2020:

Minnie Van Fleet Retired

Disney-sponsored Minnie Vans-
service launched August 2017

Info about Minnie Vans from Disney website

https://wdwprepschool.com/minnie-vans-at-disney-world/

Blog Post about Minnie vans

Price example: April 2019, BC to HS, $22 plus gratuity!

Price Increase September 2018:
$15 base plus $2.75 per mile
eg. Beach Club to Magic Kingdom: $28
Beach Club to Contemporary Resort $31

There are a limited number of Minnie Vans that can accommodate scooters and wheelchairs. Make sure you specify if you need one of these vehicles and give plenty of notice when ordering one.

GADisneyDad14-you made the leap from BWI club level to Yacht Club and have talked very fondly of the resort. With 19 stays at the Boardwalk what can we expect in terms of differences? I am researching but also like first hand experience.

Is the Beach Club Resort undergoing renovation or is it just closed because of the Covid shutdown? We are presently booked at Beach Club for end of May, 2021, in a deluxe room. If we wait for Disney to move us, is there a chance we could move to Yacht Club in a deluxe room (do they have deluxe rooms?)? Has anyone stayed in deluxe rooms at both Beach Club and Yacht Club, and how do they compare? Or has anyone been offered an upgrade to a 1 bedroom at at a DVC resort like Bay Lake Tower, Wilderness Lodge, or Riviera?

It appears that the Disney-sponsored Minnie Van service launched in August 2017 has been discontinued, October 2020:

Minnie Van Fleet Retired

There are a limited number of Minnie Vans that can accommodate scooters and wheelchairs. Make sure you specify if you need one of these vehicles and give plenty of notice when ordering one.

I'm not so sure that they are never coming back. I don't think there has been any word from official sources, and the first person who tweeted about it was apparently did so without any official confirmation. But if they do come back, you can always put the information back.

Is the Beach Club Resort undergoing renovation or is it just closed because of the Covid shutdown? We are presently booked at Beach Club for end of May, 2021, in a deluxe room. If we wait for Disney to move us, is there a chance we could move to Yacht Club in a deluxe room (do they have deluxe rooms?)? Has anyone stayed in deluxe rooms at both Beach Club and Yacht Club, and how do they compare? Or has anyone been offered an upgrade to a 1 bedroom at at a DVC resort like Bay Lake Tower, Wilderness Lodge, or Riviera?
the DVC portion is opened, villas are open for Beach Club so maybe you will be moved to a DVC room in BC?

I'm not so sure that they are never coming back. I don't think there has been any word from official sources, and the first person who tweeted about it was apparently did so without any official confirmation. But if they do come back, you can always put the information back.

Yeah I'm going to reserve my reaction for the official Disney announcement. I read somewhere else that yes, the fleet was "retired" but it was also at the exact same time that the car leases were up. So it wasn't so much that the service was retired as it was the cars were just turned in.

We shall see! Personally - we loved it and thought it was 100% worth it.

The Minnie Vans were crazy expensive. Good idea but simply no sense in spending that money when so many other options.

GADisneyDad14-you made the leap from BWI club level to Yacht Club and have talked very fondly of the resort. With 19 stays at the Boardwalk what can we expect in terms of differences? I am researching but also like first hand experience.

Well I'm not the person you asked, and I'm DVC so I don't stay in the regular hotel rooms, but I've stayed at both BCV and BWV several times.

Pre-Covid: if it was a hot day and you had a late flight, the locker room at BWV was a good place to shower and change before heading to the airport. YC/BC does have showers by the pool, but they were an afterthought and I don't think they have as much space around them as the showers within a locker room do. I hear the YC/BC showers have reopened; I don't know if the BW locker room has reopened.

If it's hot or rainy, YC and BC have gift shops and places to eat within the hotel. At BW you have to go down to the BoardWalk, except for that tiny gift shop in the lobby (which has not re-opened since COVID).

If it's hot and sunny, the walk from YC/BC to Epcot feels a lot shorter than the walk from BW to Epcot. It's not as noticeable in cooler weather. But I suppose if you are walking to DHS, you've got the opposite feel.

I think the grab-and-go food situation at YC/BC is better than at Boardwalk. The gift shop on the BoardWalk doesn't have much grab-and-go food, probably because they assume you will go over to BoardWalk Bakery -- but BoardWalk Bakery doesn't have much grab-and-go either. I'm thinking a salad, or some carrot sticks. The cupcake situation is fine on both sides of the lake.

If you want someplace to sit other than your room or the lobby - BC has the Solarium and BCV has 2 rooms off the little lobby. BoardWalk has nothing except the Belle Vue Lounge.

BWV has a Community Hall (and you do not need to be a DVC member to go in there); BCV doesn't.

People will comment on how the BC has more of a family-friendly atmosphere and YC and BoardWalk feel more adult-oriented, but frankly I've never noticed that.

I'm happy at either one. And if I stay anywhere else, I end up wishing that I was at either one.

Last edited:
The Minnie Vans were crazy expensive. Good idea but simply no sense in spending that money when so many other options.

People who didn't want to take the bus but needed 2 car seats sometimes thought the Minnie Van was worth it. Lyft has no car seats; there is an Uber category with car seats but it's 1 per car and you don't know how availability will be.

People who didn't want to take the bus but wanted to be dropped off at MK (not TTC) sometimes thought Minnie the Minnie Van was worth it.

BC is closed due to COVID, not renovation. I guess Disney doesn't need the rooms.

How many people are in your group? I think that makes a difference.

And remember that a 1-bedroom isn't necessarily an upgrade, depending on the number of real beds you want. I think people were getting upgrades when Disney was first reopening after COVID because the number of open rooms was limited. With more hotels being open, my guess is that it would be harder to score a big upgrade. But that's just a guess.

Minnie Van Fleet Retired

:guilty: When the MVs first started, we loved using them... they were so clean, and the drivers so professional. When the price increased, we had to switch to Lyft.. . Such a cute idea, but alas, not profitable at the original rates.... RIP MV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter