DisneySea touring plan - huge favour

themysteryofspace

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I am visiting DisneySea alone on Thursday 21 September. I have a HUGE favour to ask. I usually do thorough research and prepare comprehensive touring plans for any theme park I visit. However, I want DisneySea to be a complete surprise and am trying to avoid any and all spoilers. Could someone please help me to compile a touring plan without any hint of what any of the rides might be about. It doesn't have to be exhaustive, maybe just a guide for getting the main rides done in the first hour or two. I am 100% into any thrill rides, particularly ones that are not available at other parks. I have no real need to ride Toy Story Mania as I've done it at other parks. I will send a DisneySea postcard to whoever can help me :) And please no spoilers :love2:

Thanks!!

Chad

PS Is it OK to ask for front/back row on rides at TDR as it is at other Disney parks?

Im not sure if it is a good idea to go in this blank. You might receive to run to the newest ride which is popular, however this ride has a lot of Japanese dialogue. And if you do not speak Japanese this might influence your experience. I would also investigate if rides are kiddie rides or not. If you only have one day, I would go well prepared.

I would just check the touring plan on tdrexplorer.com

thank you for the advice.

the problem with reading the touring plans is that they might contain giveaways.

i would want to ride all dark rides and thrill rides, even with japanese dialogue. i don't need to do the kiddie rides, which i can also do as fillers later in the day.

This is based on my outdated knowledge and poor memory :teeth::

Rope drop
Grab fastpasses for Tower of Terror
Ride Journey standby
Ride 20,000 Leagues standby
(Redeem ToT FPs now, or as soon as you're able)
(Get FPs for Raging Spirits if able)
Ride Indy single rider line

If they're doing a lottery for Big Band Beat, you'll want to enter that at some point.

Those are the biggies. Once you get those out of the way, you'll probably be safe to play it by ear.

ETA: As far as requesting front or back row, I'm sure there's no rule against it, but I probably wouldn't. With the potential language barrier, I think it's just too likely to cause confusion in the moment and I'd rather not mess up the flow of the CMs trying to load the rides.

Last edited:

TipsyTraveler strategy is good, will add one thing: No need to grab a fast pass for Raging Spirits as it has a very efficient and fast Single Riders line. So at that point, I would grab a Journey to the Center of the Earth fast pass as soon as your TOT one allows you to.

Don't forget to ride Sinbad (never a long wait) and see the show inside Mermaid Lagoon.

If rides or shows have a lot of dialogue, they once gave me a translation device at the Mermaid show and flyers that translate the japanese stuff at rides.

How tall are you? I am 6'3 and got measured at Raging Spirits (6'4 is the limit) and I was fine. On the car, they will check your restraint with a ruler, but if I am ok, you'll be fine. At Journey to the Center of the Earth, they didn't take any chance and always sent me to the front row for leg room reasons.

thanks so much Tipsy! Please inbox me your mailing address for your TDS postcard! :)

Okay, but first you have to promise you're not a serial killer! :laughing:

TipsyTraveler strategy is good, will add one thing: No need to grab a fast pass for Raging Spirits as it has a very efficient and fast Single Riders line. So at that point, I would grab a Journey to the Center of the Earth fast pass as soon as your TOT one allows you to.

Don't forget to ride Sinbad (never a long wait) and see the show inside Mermaid Lagoon.

If rides or shows have a lot of dialogue, they once gave me a translation device at the Mermaid show and flyers that translate the japanese stuff at rides.

How tall are you? I am 6'3 and got measured at Raging Spirits (6'4 is the limit) and I was fine. On the car, they will check your restraint with a ruler, but if I am ok, you'll be fine. At Journey to the Center of the Earth, they didn't take any chance and always sent me to the front row for leg room reasons.

Good tip about Raging Spirits. It was closed when I was there so I didn't know about the single rider line.

OP, I would still ride Journey standby as the first ride of the day, then grab a FP for it (instead of Raging Spirits) after your ToT window opens if you want to ride it a second time.

Absimilliard- thanks so much for the input! I am not tall so it shouldn't be a problem. Please also send me your address for a postcard :)

Tipsy- hahaha I'm totally harmless... promise!

I would grab a fastpass for nemo, then ride journey standby. Then grab a tower FP once the nemo time comes up.

Sinbad is a great ride to do in the afternoon when lines are long for other things.

There are great (and as far as I'm aware) one day touring plans on Disney Tourist Blog. He does discuss how a ride compares to other parks but other than that, spoiler free!

If you don't care about "kiddie" rides, then I generally agree with TipsyTraveler's suggested touring plan.

I would note that Disney in general, including DisneySea, doesn't really do "thrill" rides. Everything is "family friendly", so nothing too extreme.

As for front / back row, I think tdrexplorer.com has a list of Japanese phrases that includes asking to sit in the front row.

Personally, as the Japanese cast members and guests are so polite and orderly, I'm never tempted to disrupt the loading process. But, provided that they can understand your request, I'm sure they would accommodate you. As a single traveller, you may have trouble communicating that you're both "one" person and that you want the "front" row (which I think most people would try to indicate by holding up a single finger).

As you're travelling alone and skipping a lot of the "kiddie" rides, you will probably have an opportunity to ride most things multiple times if you plan well, use Fast Passes to the maximum extent possible and keep on top of a tight schedule during the day. So, you could just try your luck.

I've found that my perceptions of what would be the "best" seat can change. For example, for the new Pirates ride at Shanghai, I thought the front seat would be the best. But, after riding at the back, middle and front, it was actually the back which was the "best" seat (IMHO).

Good luck and have fun!

You are right to keep as much as possible a surprise. The important thing is to know you want to go. Since you've already decided, better to see everything with totally fresh eyes. When I first went in 2009, there was surprisingly little info and very few pictures, and I think that makes it all the more delicious.

Of course, some people hate not knowing or not seeing everything they can in advance, so for them that's fine. But not everyone is like that.

First tip: See and do as much as you can. It's all worth it!

Second tip: Ask for front row in Journey to the Center fo the Earth. Learn how to ask in japanese. It makes a difference. Also, ride it twice. Once in the day and once at night. Don't ask, just do it.

Next: Do single rider for Indiana Jones. It's like frontt of the line. You don't have to waste an FP on this. In fact, FP in general at TDR is like front of the line, better than in the US, so make sure you take maximum advantage of it.

Magic Lamp Theatre will be closed for repairs when you go. :-(

It's easy to miss the entrance to Triton's Kigodm, but make sure you go. Even the play area is loads of fun.

Ask for a map in English of Fortress Exploration. Makes a great souvenir, but a cast member will have to hunt it down for you. You'll need it so you don't miss out. Give yourself plenty of time for this.

Ride Raging Spirits at night.

Aquatopia does not have FP, and the line can get quite long. So I would do that very early.

I don't recommend eating at Magellan. The interior is beautiful, but service is very slow. I really like Japanese food, and for me this was substandard and expensive.

In making a suggestion for touring, the kicker is the fairly recent opening of Nemo and Friends Sea Rider. I can't say how early to go, FP is possible.

If you want to see Big Band Beat, I recommend entering the lottery as late as possible when there is no line for the lottery.

My touring plan (without Toy Story Mania), on my second visit - this was late August, so this might not correspond to your times:

Arrived at TDS at 7:20am
Park opens at 8:30am
Journey (we did not run, most people running to Toy Story Mania)
Aquatopia
Get FP for ToT
Nemo and Friends Sea Rider (used to be Storm Rider)
Indiana Jones (Single Rider Line)
Get FPs for 20,000
Lunch Vulcania
Mermaid Show in Triton's Kingdom
Sindbad
20,000 Leagues with FP
Fortress Exploration
Won Lottery for BBB (applied at 3pm)
Tower of Terror with FP
Big Band Beat (3:30pm show)
Duffy Show at Cape Cod Cookout - can eat here while you see the show.
Transit Steamer Line
Got FP for Raging Spirit
Mystic Rythyms
Ride Journey again?
Fantasmic
Raging Spirit with FP

Thanks everyone. Cannot believe amazing response. So grateful. Offer for postcards still stand!

Agent 86: I beg to differ about Disney thrill rides. ToT, EE, RnR (esp. Paris), Crush and California Screamin' are all thrills by any standard, while Space, Splash, TT and RSR also pack quite a punch. I know I'm going to be more than happy with DisneySea's offer! Thanks for the all the tips though and yes I fully intend to make good use of my solo visit - I'm a very determined theme park attender.

Shellem: Thanks for your full support in my craziness and for all the spoiler-free tips!

Thanks everyone. Cannot believe amazing response. So grateful. Offer for postcards still stand!

Agent 86: I beg to differ about Disney thrill rides. ToT, EE, RnR (esp. Paris), Crush and California Screamin' are all thrills by any standard, while Space, Splash, TT and RSR also pack quite a punch. I know I'm going to be more than happy with DisneySea's offer! Thanks for the all the tips though and yes I fully intend to make good use of my solo visit - I'm a very determined theme park attender.

Shellem: Thanks for your full support in my craziness and for all the spoiler-free tips!
I think you need a higher post count before people can message you, so if you haven't been getting responses that might be why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts