disneywithkids journal (start oct14-04)(comments welcome)

disneywithkids

Mouseketeer
Well here it goes...It isn't quite 9am and I just finished the cherry cheesecake that I made last night (all by myself minus a piece each for dh and dds). I am so ticked off at myself that I thought what am I going to do to stop this! and then I thought of the wish board :sunny:

I am going to try and post every morning with a plan and see if I can follow through! I have tried to 'be good' one day at a time before and it hasn't worked...but maybe now that it is 'public', I will try harder.

I'm turning 40 on November 22 and I wanted to be back to where I was before kids eight years ago. I used to work out alot and weighed about 140. Now I weigh just over 170 and hardly ever exercise. I miss the energy and joy of feeling good!

There is an exercise class that starts in half an hour and I'm waffling as I write this whether to go or not (I also should be working as the class would take away time from my home business).

The other thing I want to do is eat healthy - so I will only eat fruit, vegetables, salad, homemade lentil soup and paella (rice with chicken and shrimp) for the rest of today. I will also try to drink a minimum of 5 glasses of water today.

:wave: until tomorrow...

YEA!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I had to come back and post that I went to the class...now just to focus on the food and water for the rest of the day.

I looked at the gym's schedule and I am going to commit to all the 9:30 am exercise classes except wed and sunday. In the beginning, I will skip a class if it seems that I am overdoing it.

bye once again :wave:

Welcome to WISH! You are already on the right track, way to go getting to that exercise class this morning and making a commitment to it! I personally feel that writing in my journal and knowing that people are going to read it really does help me, I hope it does the same for you! Good luck! :)

Princess Michelle - Thanks for the support! I had a quick glance through some other journals earlier and I noticed that you often write words of encouragement...It's so nice of you to take time out to do that! Good luck in achieving your goals as well! :)

Day 2:
Stress is my biggest challenge. When I get stressed out, I just want to eat! This morning, my 5 year old dd was being SO difficult to get ready for school that by the end of the morning, I could have easily gotten off track but I managed to just have a bowl of cereal (Vector - one of the 'better' ones). (It really did help knowing that I was going to have to post in my journal what I ate )

I achieved my food and water goals yesterday. Today, I decided to skip the exercise class and go for sure tomorrow (my body already needs a rest :rolleyes: but I will commit to a 20 minute walk sometime today!)

Today, I will again eat vegetables and fruit for snacks etc. For lunch, I will have salad with mozarella cheese. Tonight, I am going to make chicken and pork fajitas on whole wheat tortillas with peppers, onion, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese - I will only have two.

5 glasses of water again today - I have to work up to eight! :p

Have a great day everyone!

It's only been 4 hours and I had to get back here to remind myself to stick with it...my mind was wandering to picking up a 'chunky kitkat' chocolate bar at the checkout counter when I go to pick up a few healthy groceries that I need later today!

I had gotten into the habit of picking a kitkat up most times that I stop at the grocery store!

OK...I'm over it now...:crazy: ... I think i have talked myself out of it...whew...close one...I would have bought one for sure!

DWK (that's disneywithkids - initials :p ), you're going to have to retrain yourself at the grocery store! Usually they have at least one candy-free checkout lane - hopefully you can use that one! Those little habits will be tough to break but you can do it!

Stress eating - I could write a book on that subject, but only on how to do it, not how to stop it! :teeth: :crazy: I'm still working on that one myself! I think it was Dr. Phil who suggested doing something "incompatible with eating" like crocheting or scrapbooking or cleaning or dancing - anything that doesn't work well with food.

Welcome to the WISH Journal board and best wishes for success! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter