DL 2/20 with DH, DS, and brother and family

dgaston

Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies tshirt"
Cast of Characters: DH, DS--14, me, Brother (Steve), Sister-in-law (Alison), DCousins Clark (10), and Ben (8)

With a party of 7 FP are important. Our goal was to focus on the attractions at DL that are unique or different from the ones in WDW. Since Steve and his family are DL experts, living only 1/2 an hour away, they let us direct the choices, and got us there as quickly as possible.

We began our day with rope drop at DL (10 am). We first headed over to Indy, with Ben and Alison not riding--Ben just doesn't want to do it yet. I really wish that WDW could add this attraction. We had a great time. We were here when DS was 7, and he really listened to Mara and kept his eyes closed the entire ride! He liked it a lot this time.

Alison had made noon reservations at the Blue Bayou while we rode Indy, and we spent some time in Adventureland on Jungle Cruise (our boat was Kissimmee Kate), and in Tarzan's Treehouse.

We went over to Big Thunder Mountain and tried the goat trick, but I think we didn't do that right--didn't notice a lot. I do appreciate seeing the animatronics here.

We got in line for PoC, but the ride closed, and it was still about 20 minutes before our BB PS. I found a Bad Boys t-shirt I'd been looking for in Bat en Rouge (a Villain's shop). Hadn't seen it at WDW since 1999 when I got the Bad Girls shirt. :D Listened to the jazz musicians playing, and took a great pic of the boys on the staircase in a cul-de-sac in New Orleans Square.

BB was very dark! The boys all ordered pasta, and adults ordered monte christo sandwiches except for me. I had the jumbalaya. Meal was leisurely, and eventually we could see empty boats on the PoC. I do like eating in this restaurant. Later discovered I'd left my "princess" hat here.

After lunch headed over to Haunted Mansion. I grabbed FP for Splash, and met others in line. Somehow the HM seems better maintained than WDW, even with the cobwebs.

Too early for Splash, so we took the train to Toontown, and did Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. Wandered back for the Matterhorn, and then did Mr Toad's Wild Ride (high on our list of CA "must-do"). We also rode Pinnochio, and then headed back to Splash via the train. DS wanted to see the dinosaur diorama. After Splash it looked like PoC was back up and I retrieved my hat from the BB. PoC is so much fun here. The boys finally saw the hidden Mickey in the treasure room, after lots of pointing and "look here"

On the way back to the Hub, we did the Tiki Room. I'd forgotten about "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing," only remembered the Hawaiian War Chant or whatever that it. The FL new management does help! DH hates this attraction in CA. He humors me! Major disappointment--no Dole Whips! The stand closed at 5 pm. That must be a reason to plan a FL trip! (They weren't open yet when we were close in the am)

Next we went to Tomorrowland with goals of Space Mountain and Star Tours. The waits were not long on Space, so we got FP for Autopia and did some trips on Space and Star Tours. After Autopia (some others without FP had waited an hour!) the evening Parade began. Kudos to those brave men in tutus! 40 guests are selected to be in the parade.

DH bought a Grumpy t-shirt in the Emporium, and our DL day was complete!

We were able to do almost everything we hoped to do with FP and DL expertise from Steve. Crowds were manageable and we felt we had a great Disney fix.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading your trip report. DW & I love the Tiki Birds at WDW-can't explain why, we just do. Looking forward to trying it at DL. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter