Dl Dinning Plan Worth It?

disneymom71

You can design and create, and build the most wond
Hello DL fans

We used dinning plan last may on our family trip to WDW....

We are planning to visit DL this X-mas.....this minnie or mickey dinning plan is worth it????

I can still use it for Characters Dinning just like WDW Dinning Plan>???

Any comments?????? I would appreciated...Thanks

The DL plan is much different (from what I've heard, I havent been to WDW). There isn't really any money savings with the DL plan. You get vouchers with a dollar value on them. The voucher is worth that much toward your meal. I know with the 3 day plan we maybe saved $1-2 over just buying the meals with out the vouchers, if it was even that much.

We do it for the budgeting aspect. We are really poor savers. We typically book in advance when we have a chunk of money (work bonus, tax return, etc). Rather then hoping we still have some money left when its time for the trip, we buy the meal plan and know we have at least that much taken care off.

I've used it on two trips to DLR....obviously it is well liked by me. It is relatively flexible, however, not quite as easy to work with as the WDW plan, simply due to the $ amount associated with the coupons (No kttw card for this.) Preplanning some will be of good use. Take a look on the web for the most current DLR menus to get an idea of what/where/how much and get an idea of what coupons you'd like to use for each meal. You can combine them from each guest however you need to and make sure to bring cash to make up the difference....if you have a $12.00 total on your bill, you won't get cash back from a $15 coupon, so use a $10 coupon and some cash. If you are like me, you'd much rather prefer to have your whole trip budgeted out for the most part prior to leaving. That is one of the main reasons I love them!

Forgot to add that you can use the coupons for Character dinners if they are part of the plan you purchase. If I remember correctly, we ate at both Goofy's for dinner (BEST bang for you coupon there!) and Chip and Dales Critter Character (whatever it is called!) at the GC. The 2005 plans are still listed on the last "Sticky" of the DLR board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter