DL ticket expiration dates

underminer

Mouseketeer
I apologize for asking this which has probably been answered elsewhere but....We purchased 4 day hoppers in January of this year in advance of our Spring Break trip in March which got shut down. Those tickets would normally expire in January 2021 so with the park closure does the expiration date automatically extend for the time period of the shutdown? If the park is closed 8 months are my tickets good until September 2021? Is that automatic or do I need to call someone at DL to have my tickets changed?
Thanks for the help!

I’m in the same boat. My understanding Is that they still expire but you get the value of what you paid towards a future purchase.

I'm in the same situation. We bought tickets through UT for a Spring Break trip which got rescheduled for August. I really wish they'd extend the tickets so we don't have to go to the window when we eventually get back!

According to what I read on the DLR website the only tickets extended were the promotional ones. Everything else stays the same.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/
My tickets through Get Away Today expire 12/31/20 so in my case I would just pay the cost difference at the ticket booth? If I end up having to wait until 2021 I’ll be paying two years of price increases (assuming they raise prices next year again) bc I bought mine in 2019 before the prices and MaxPass went up. Oof!

We bought 5 day DL hopper and 1 day Universal combo, I'm assuming if we can't get back before the end of this year we'll have to pay an upcharge, kinda sucks! I'm just hoping we'll get credit for our airline tickets! Hopefully things will be back to normal by next year.pixiedust:

We bought tix from UT in early February for a June trip, which obviously didn't happen, but our ticket expiration date has been extended to 1/2022. I went into my UT account and pulled up the tix, and the exp date is updated.

I'm sorry that I bought five 5-day park-hoppers with maxpass from GAT back in February. They expire in January. I don't want to have to deal with the ticket booths or paying more for what I'm guessing will be less.

We bought tix from UT in early February for a June trip, which obviously didn't happen, but our ticket expiration date has been extended to 1/2022. I went into my UT account and pulled up the tix, and the exp date is updated.
That is really interesting, I got all excited and looked in my UT account. I purchased on Feb 11, 2020, but my tickets still have an expiration of Jan 12, 2021. Are you sure you purchased before the last price increase?

They have said so far they won’t extend tickets. Hopefully they extend like WDW did once they get to open especially since their closure is so extensive.

I apologize for asking this which has probably been answered elsewhere but....We purchased 4 day hoppers in January of this year in advance of our Spring Break trip in March which got shut down. Those tickets would normally expire in January 2021 so with the park closure does the expiration date automatically extend for the time period of the shutdown? If the park is closed 8 months are my tickets good until September 2021? Is that automatic or do I need to call someone at DL to have my tickets changed?
Thanks for the help!
I'm not sure when the last price increase was, but we purchased on 2/21/20, so perhaps after? In my mind, it had been "early" Feb, but I just checked my email, and it was on 2/21.

I was very happy they extended the Canada tickets by a year as a teacher in Canada there was no way we could of made it down even if things open normal again and all!!!

I’m in the same boat. I want to know if we are even going to be able to park hop. At the very least they should refund that part of the ticket.

That is really interesting, I got all excited and looked in my UT account. I purchased on Feb 11, 2020, but my tickets still have an expiration of Jan 12, 2021. Are you sure you purchased before the last price increase?

This is my exact case (even purchased on the same day!). Went to check my UT account and still Jan 12, 2021 for me too.

I'm in the same boat here. Bought 3 5-day Park Hoppers with Max Pass in January to avoid the price increase.

I’m right there with you, with 5 day hoppers with maxpass added bought at the end of 2019 that expire in January 2021. I have ticket insurance that I bought through GAT, and I know they told me I could call before the end of the year to pay about $135 extra to extend the tickets for another year. I just don’t know what 2021 will look like, and I’m not sure what I will do with the tickets yet. I have until they expire to decide, but...I just don’t know. I really wish Disney would extend the expiration dates. But that may be an unrealistic hope. I’m not even sure if we will be going in 2021. We might end up looking at 2022 With the way things are going.

Same story for me. I bought 5 day hoppers before the price increase. I emailed Disney about the tix and their expiration date. Here is part of their response:
Thank you for contacting the Disneyland® Resort.

For the information on tickets please go to: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/ under "Theme Park Tickets" for the information on the tickets that you have. If you do not use tickets before they expire they will hold their value. To use the tickets towards a valid ticket at the time you arrive you would need to take the ticket to the Ticket Booth. From there you will pay the difference between the cost of your ticket to the cost of a valid ticket at your time of arrival.

I was very happy they extended the Canada tickets by a year as a teacher in Canada there was no way we could of made it down even if things open normal again and all!!!
If you are interested in a full refund I also had the Canadian ticket promo and was able to easily get a full refund for my 5 day park hopper with Max pass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts