DL ticket expiration dates

I bought 2 passes from Undercover Tourist. My February 18th DL hopper ticket still expires 1-12-21. The 2nd one I got in May, expires 1-12-22.

SO I bought after the price increase.

Our trip is 9-30-20. Looks like it won't happen.

UT says to sit tight with my expiring ticket for now.
Yeah, I'm hoping that if Disneyland is closed much longer, they'll have to extend the expiration of the regular multi-day tickets. I was fully intending to use them before the expiration date, but the parks closed before I had a chance to go -- that shouldn't mean I should have to go through extra hassle and pay more! I don't want to have to deal with waiting in line for exchanges at the ticket booths -- that's why I bought e-tickets in the first place!

I just asked for a refund of my 2 DL tickets, and UT answered quickly and said no problem. Might take 6-8 weeks though.

I had purchased 5 day hoppers with Max Pass, when park DOES reopen, they may not have either of those things, and I paid more for them. Hopefully when I go next year, my CM MEP will be valid again, and I may not need to buy passes. At least not for all the days.

Others reported there was a 5% "restocking" fee when they received their refund through UT. Was that the same information they gave you? @PatMcDuck

Last edited:
Others reported there was a 5% "restocking" fee when they received their refund through UT. Was that the same information they gave you? @PatMcDuck
I'm not @PatMcDuck but I had emailed UCT probably 2 months ago and that is what they told me, but that if I re-purchased within 12 months they'd apply that 5% to the new purchase. Here is a snip of the email:

I'm torn because we hope to go in early October and while that's looking less and less likely, right now I have 4 PHs attached to my Disneyland account along with my own AP. I am hoping that will help increase the chance that my family will be able to use the PH (due to low attendance caps) but I am getting less hopeful as the days go by.

I probably ought to just ask for the UCT refund AND refund my AP now... but it makes me very sad to contemplate.

I contacted UT over the weekend about a refund and was told there would be a 5% restocking fee.

Well, it’s a sad day. I called and cancelled my tickets with GAT this morning. Everything minus the $25 ticket insurance will be going back on my card, it will just take a couple days to process. *sigh*

I am just editing this add that GAT has been very pleasant to deal with throughout this whole process. I’ve called to talk with them a few times now, and give them high marks.

We got our GAT tickets right before tickets went away this summer, so ours have an expiration of Jan 2022. We recently got an email from them that they are extending the return date on them through Dec 2021, which is amazing. So we're hanging on to those for the moment.

We did return our LMTC vouchers. It took a little work, but all of it was returned to our card. That one made me cry - we got such a sweet deal on those and to not be able to use them...

I bought my tickets through Ares Travel before the price increase. My tickets expire at the end of the year. I understand that if we go next year I would have to pay any price increase. However, what if the opposite occurs and there's no PH or MP? Will Disney refund me the difference if there's only 1 park per day? Otherwise, I will probably take the refund minus the 10% restocking fee. I'd rather lose $172.70 than $300 if Disney doesn't refund the PH and MP.

We bought from Target right after the last price increase. These expire in January and I know they will retain value but I’d rather not have that money tied up. I’d gladly take the 5% restocking fee to return them but from what I’ve seen, Target is a hard no.

I bought my tickets through Ares Travel before the price increase. My tickets expire at the end of the year. I understand that if we go next year I would have to pay any price increase. However, what if the opposite occurs and there's no PH or MP? Will Disney refund me the difference if there's only 1 park per day? Otherwise, I will probably take the refund minus the 10% restocking fee. I'd rather lose $172.70 than $300 if Disney doesn't refund the PH and MP.

When I talked to Disney yesterday, they said that they won't refund you the difference, but that the entire value of your ticket will be credited to the new tickets at any time after they expire. I asked about PH and MP specifically and she said that you just have to wait and see what the new options will be, but that either way the dollars you spent will carry forward like a credit, for any unused tickets.

I don’t know what Disneyland will end up doing but my friends went to Walt Disney World the week that it opened back up and they were able to get the park hopper portion of their tickets refunded to them. She was super happy about it!

If you are interested in a full refund I also had the Canadian ticket promo and was able to easily get a full refund for my 5 day park hopper with Max pass
@sweethannah or anyone else that may have insite into this.
Can you tell me who you phoned to get this? My son and his girlfriend who were going to be going with us this past May just tried to get a refund and was told NO.

Thanks.

Can you tell me who you phoned to get this? My son and his girlfriend who were going to be going with us this past May just tried to get a refund and was told NO.

Thanks.
If you look on the DLR website and app, there is official information about what Disney is doing with the various tickets. Disney has been giving refunds for the Canadian promo tickets for several months now. What kind of tickets are you trying to get refunded? Some posters here have requested and received refunds for domestic, multi-day, non-promotional tickets. But that was on an individual case basis.

If you look on the DLR website and app, there is official information about what Disney is doing with the various tickets. Disney has been giving refunds for the Canadian promo tickets for several months now. What kind of tickets are you trying to get refunded? Some posters here have requested and received refunds for domestic, multi-day, non-promotional tickets. But that was on an individual case basis.
They had the Canadian promo 5 day park hopper tickets. My son was told today when he phoned that he could not get a refund as the expiration date had been extended. I thought I had remembered Canadians getting refunds so was quite surprised when he told me this. Is this one of those times where you have to be persistent do you think?

They had the Canadian promo 5 day park hopper tickets. My son was told today when he phoned that he could not get a refund as the expiration date had been extended. I thought I had remembered Canadians getting refunds so was quite surprised when he told me this. Is this one of those times where you have to be persistent do you think?
It sure couldn't hurt for him to call back to speak with someone else. Have him ask (calmly, politely) for a lead, if necessary. Since the border is still closed, getting a refund is a reasonable request.

Thanks.

Hiya, I called the number on the tickets and/or the regular customer service line, sorry I don't remember what the number was. I know they don't have a toll free number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter