DLP shares?

Excuse me for being "thick"!!!

If I buy 350+ shares, which I can go into my bank and buy...I ask to buy EuroDisney SCA shares (is that right?)... after I have paid for the shares and the banks commission etc, I just apply for the Shareholders Club card and that is it. I will not have to pay any annual fees or any commission to the bank or any holding company after that.

Many thanks for your help

Elaine

Your not being thick. If your buying in the UK just ask for EuroDisney shares. Once you have bought them & paid your commission you will then be issued with your share certificate. Once you have this you then can join the Shareholders club by filling in the form & sending them a copy of your certificate.

You don't have to pay anymore once this is done as you will qualify for free membership by the number of shares held in your name.

One thing though is EuroDisney do not pay a dividend on their shares like some companies do, so you won't get an cash bonuses but you save a lot by the discounts it gives you.

Hope this helps.

Nikki

Thanks, Nikki, :)

Will go and buy some now, it's very exciting, the thought of "owning" a smattering of magic!!!

Elaine

Just one more question!:)

Where the shareholders card gives 10% discount off Disney Stores in Europe, I presume Disney Stores in the UK are included in this. Do the CM's in UK Disney Stores easily recognise the shareholders card and give the discount immediately, or do you find that you have to be persistent to get it?

Elaine

Slightly OT, but I heard a great idea last week. Someone was talking about buying disney shares as a christening gift for their godchild!

What a nice idea:D

With regards to using your discount card in Uk Disney stores, it is valid & most store know what to do straight away or at least the manager should do. I have only ever had one row over it when I was buying sale goods. You do get discount on sale items too so don't let them fob you off.

The only problems I encountered when I 1st got mine was that it seemed to be a new concept to the staff but that was 3 years ago & I don't have any trouble anymore.

I've been trying to buy shares - I finally got a share account set up with the halifax and then they tell me that they don't deal with actual certificates so I couldn't purchase through them.

Does anyone know somewhere I can definately buy them from?

TIA

Louise

I got mine from Barclays. I'm pretty sure Natwest deal in certificates too. I'm surprised Halifax don't do this.

Nikki

I trade my shares online, used to use Halifax but they simply don't want to know when it gets a bit complicated. You might like to try www.comdirect.co.uk, fairly easy to open an account and then you can simply buy the shares from the comfort of your armchair.

I've held my shares for sometime and even thought they have fallen in value over the past 2 years I only bought them to get the discounts, these discounts having more than repaid the cost of the shares several times over.

Better than any dividend if your a DLRP regular that is.

acr4bbe

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

just to feedback ....

I finally bought my shares today through nationwide and it couldn't have been easier or more pleasant. The shares have gone up slightly (about 1 pence!) but even with the dealing fee of £15 it still only came to £88. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions.

Now I'm wondering if they will apply the discount to my existing reservation?

I don't think they will apply the discount to an existing reservation as they fill in different forms, when you book. You will still be able to get the discounts when you are out there though.

Hi everyone

I too have just purchased 30 shares(minimum in 20) it cost me a grand total of 6.00 plus broker commision. I had the same trouble with Halifax regarding issuing certificates. I'll pay the 15 euro every 2 years happily. It really is a fantastic offer. its the salon Mickey and the 5-10% package saving that sold it to me.

Happy Halloween !

So 20 shares is the minimum you can purchase to get tje discounts ?

Does anyone know how much the shares are at the moment, and who do you have to pay the 15 Euros to ?

This will come in really handy for me if I can get it all sorted out in the next couple of weeks before the new spring/summer brochure comes out.
My package comes to around £1300 (based on this years prices) so it won't be a bad saving ;)

To get the discount you have to have either 350 shares and not pay anything for membership to the shareholders club or if you have under that you pay 15 Euros for 2 years membership. You have to fill out a form which can be printed off the Euros Disney SCA site & send them a copy of your share certificate.

I think I'd rather go with the 15 Euros every 2 years.

What would be the minimum amount of shares I could buy to get the discount benefits ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter