DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this site is allowed. Update apparently coming tomorrow.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202010/7796/
That site is allowed. The easy way to self check is to type out the address of the site/tweet source in question, hit Preview. If the address shows up as *********.com, for example, then that site is banned here, so don't post it.
Here is the DIS article:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/reopening-guidelines-for-disneyland-coming-tuesday/
Here is the governor's news briefing from earlier today (10/19/20):

The new guidelines were published today. They don’t sound promising for an opening any time soon.

The new guidelines were published today. They don’t sound promising for an opening any time soon.

Nope, Sounds like DLR would need to be in Phase 4? I'm not local so not sure how CA. stages work. But I've seen Phase 4 and I've seen Yellow mentioned.

Reminder for everyone posting here: The title says it all. This Superthread is for official news and updates regarding the DLR reopening (DL, DCA, DTD, and hotels). All speculation about the reopening needs to go in the Disneyland Reopening Speculation Thread on the Disneyland Community Board.
This is not the thread to discuss politics/politicians or your opinions about them, COVID and stats, public health policies, etc.. Please keep your posts non-political and on topic. Off topic posts will be deleted. Thank you.

It is being reported in the Speculation Superthread that new on site reservations are now being accepted from 11/16/20 onward.

Also, the Disneyland App updated (version 6.6).

It is being reported in the Speculation Superthread that new on site reservations are now being accepted from 11/16/20 onward.

Also, the Disneyland App updated (version 6.6).
Website only allows reservations thru end of 2020 - nothing into 2021 as of this morning.

Website only allows reservations thru end of 2020 - nothing into 2021 as of this morning.
Someone in the Speculation Superthread posted about being able to book into January, but maybe that was a glitch? And I hope WDTC sends out an official email notice soon. I don't want to update the first page until we have something official to work with.

Someone in the Speculation Superthread posted about being able to book into January, but maybe that was a glitch? And I hope WDTC sends out an official email notice soon. I don't want to update the first page until we have something official to work with.

When I was playing around the other day I found you could book the first few days of 2021 IF you started your reservation in 2020. For example, you could do Dec 30-Jan 3, but not Jan 1-3. I think the option went to January 5.

When I was playing around the other day I found you could book the first few days of 2021 IF you started your reservation in 2020. For example, you could do Dec 30-Jan 3, but not Jan 1-3. I think the option went to January 5.
Good to know -- thank you for the update.

Thanks - I was looking to book in March & the calendar would not go out that far.

For all APs: If today's announcements have affected your decision about your pass, please look at the chart below from Gothic Rosie.

Something I learned yesterday is if your pass is paid in full and has expired the first person you speak with when you call will say that you can no longer ask for the refund option. I had to be transferred to a supervisor in order to get that option. It isn't anywhere in any of the guidance being put out so I was unaware of it.

Something I learned yesterday is if your pass is paid in full and has expired the first person you speak with when you call will say that you can no longer ask for the refund option. I had to be transferred to a supervisor in order to get that option. It isn't anywhere in any of the guidance being put out so I was unaware of it.

That’s frustrating. Disney is notorious for giving different info depending on which CM you talk to. When I called before my pass expired I was told I could wait until after it expired for a refund so I won’t be happy if they say I can longer get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!