DME and early flight arrival

clippers6

Mouseketeer
I am booked on a flight scheduled to arrive at 5:15am but checking flight records it looks like it has arrived at 4:40am most days. I’m guessing at that hour there won’t be a wait for a gate. If I end up landing early should I head to the baggage claim to grab my bag since DME baggage services is only from 5am to 10pm?

I’m really hoping DME will grab it since I’m guessing my room won’t be ready that early. So I’d have to leave the bag at bell services, spend the day at Epcot, then evening Christmas party, and retrieve the bag sometime after midnight. I would much prefer to have it waiting in the room for me coming back from MK.

Personally, I would still use the yellow tags. Odds are by the time the bags are off loaded and brought in to be sorted the Bags Inc employees will be in and they'll pull the Disney bags. If they did get through to baggage claim, they do still go by to get the bags from baggage claim. I was able to learn this one day when our flight came in late. When bags come through with yellow tags the employees at the various airlines baggage claim pull them and set them aside till the employees from Bags Inc come to get them.

One other option is to not use yellow tags. Wait till 5:00 AM to go to ME. When you check in, give them your claim checks. They will go and get the bags for you, and deliver them just as if you used the yellow tags.

Is there an official need to pick up your bags, yellow tagged or not, when your plane arrives before 5 AM?

If so then you must go to the carousels and do that. Otherwise in the event of loss or theft of the bags from the carousel or other mishap, Disney might not compensate you with cash, gift cards, etc.

When you go to the carousels to follow this rule and your bags do not show up then file a claim with your airline before leaving the area.

Last edited:
I would plan on grabbing my own bags. But I'm risk adverse. Even if I put the tags on and the flight arrived early, I would go make sure they didn't show up and are spinning around the luggage carousel. May as well grab them at that point.

I guess the good news is that I’m flying an airline with baggage tracking. If there’s never a record of my bag making it to the carousel, I can assume it was scooped up by DME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter