Dme....luggage only.....don't want to ride the bus!!!!!

Yeah, after 10 all checked luggage goes from the plane to the carousel. Always stop there on your way to DME.

In order to check a bag with your airline at your resort (Resort Airline Check-in) at the end of your stay you need a ticket, not a stand by voucher. The attendant will be putting a baggage tag on the bag and needs to write in or have printed a flight number.

If your flight number is not known yet then you will need to bring your bag to the Magical Express bus (or other transportation back to the airport) and check the bag at the airport.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but things are so different in this Phase 1/Phase 2 period...

We are renting a car for the first time. Can we still tag our luggage for Magical Express and have them take the luggage to the resort so we don't have to lug it to the rental car agency? Are they sending out luggage tags now -- I know they stopped for a while due to vendor printing issues?

Thank you!

Technically, no. Actually? Read some recent pages in this thread.
Thanks. I ended up calling MS, and they won't have the yellow luggage tags until September, so we will all have to physically bring them our bags or baggage claim tickets. Looks like we will be dragging luggage to get our rental car.

Are there porters at MCO who will take luggage to rental car since it is on site?

No Magical Express yellow tags? That will cause long lines of guests waiting for the podium welcoming area CM to show the airline baggage claim checks. Plus many more DME baggage agents at the carousels needed to match up information relayed from the welcoming area with the bags themselves and pull those bags.

Not sure about porters who will take bags to the on site rental car lots but there have been trip reports of gypsy porters who will collect a fee and will push your wheelchair so many feet and then you have to pay another fee to go another so many feet etc.

Last edited:
No Magical Express yellow tags? That will cause long lines of guests waiting for the podium welcoming area CM to show the airline baggage claim checks. Plus many more DME baggage agents at the carousels needed to match up information relayed from the welcoming area with the bags themselves and pull those bags.
Why do you think Disney - which made this decision - will not be prepared?
Not sure about porters who will take bags to the on site rental car lots but there have been trip reports of gypsy porters who will collect a fee and will push your wheelchair so many feet and then you have to pay another fee to go another so many feet etc.
At MCO? In 2020? Citation, please.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but things are so different in this Phase 1/Phase 2 period...

We are renting a car for the first time. Can we still tag our luggage for Magical Express and have them take the luggage to the resort so we don't have to lug it to the rental car agency? Are they sending out luggage tags now -- I know they stopped for a while due to vendor printing issues?

Thank you!

As someone who loves the ease of Magical Express, and yet has found their Disney home is the Swan, taking your bags to the rental car isn't as bad as you might think it is. And for myself I typically have 2 bags, and a tote bag. The on site rental places are basically across a driveway. I wouldn't waste time and money trying to find a porter to help unless you honestly can't handle all of your bags.

Though if it is in the budget, now might be the time to upgrade to really good spinner luggage that goes in any direction.

As someone who loves the ease of Magical Express, and yet has found their Disney home is the Swan, taking your bags to the rental car isn't as bad as you might think it is. And for myself I typically have 2 bags, and a tote bag. The on site rental places are basically across a driveway. I wouldn't waste time and money trying to find a porter to help unless you honestly can't handle all of your bags.

Though if it is in the budget, now might be the time to upgrade to really good spinner luggage that goes in any direction.
Thank you! We have spinner luggage. And a 6’4” son who can heft quite a few bags!

Are there Smart Carts you can rent and take to car rental?

Thank you! We have spinner luggage. And a 6’4” son who can heft quite a few bags!

Are there Smart Carts you can rent and take to car rental?

I know there used to be, but I haven't used them in forever, so don't quote me on it.

Sorry, but my curious overtaken. How much luggage vs people are you bringing?
six people, six checked bags and some carryons and a stroller and a car seat. We are doing a resort only stay for a week and are bringing toys for our 2 year old grandaughter.

Is DME handling bags? Disney told me they were not when I booked yesterday for next week. We didn’t want them to anyway, our flight is too late anyway, but we only let them when we won’t be needing our stuff anytime soon as we have been burned waiting to bath a baby at 10pm, etc.

Has anyone used recently, does each hotel have a bus or combining multiple, etc. I figured demand was low.

Is DME handling bags? Disney told me they were not when I booked yesterday for next week. We didn’t want them to anyway, our flight is too late anyway, but we only let them when we won’t be needing our stuff anytime soon as we have been burned waiting to bath a baby at 10pm, etc.

Has anyone used recently, does each hotel have a bus or combining multiple, etc. I figured demand was low.

Disney has said that they have suspended the luggage service for the time being. Everyone needs to go get their bags and bring them to the bus with them.

I have been told yes by one CM and no by another...all this week. I wish I knew the correct answer. What a pain.

The correct answer is this (from the Disney's Magical Express page)

Disney’s Magical Express service will no longer be providing luggage delivery for those arriving to and departing from Orlando International Airport. Resort airline check-in service is also no longer available.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter