Do fares decrease after Jan. 1st?

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
For those of you who are familiar with the airlines and their pricing, do fares typically go down after the first of the year? We are looking to purchase tickets to Orlando from NY for early February, right now fares, including tax, are running about $130 a ticket. I am wondering if I should purchase these tickets now or should I hold out for a better deal.

Any advice?

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Air fares are fickle and there is no set time of the year that you can count on that they will go up or down (in fact for any particular flights, they could go up one week, down the next, and then up again). That $130 ticket cost is a good rate and I would likely take it now rather than wait--fares could go down but then if many buy at the rate you are seeing, the flight will fill its quota of discount seats and fares could go up substantially as a result.

A $130 fare is a tremendous value. It it was me I'd jump on it. I doubt it will go much lower. One trick I've found helpful tho when booking with a travel agent is to know what sort of fares are available. So before you phone or walk into an agency use Expedia or Orbitz to research fares and ask the agent to do better if they can.

Well I paid for January 5 - on Delta $129.00 from LGA to MCO we have a 615 am flight direct with no stops or connections. But that is the cheapest I have seen it yet for that flight on delta. The prices seem to be between $200 to as low as $140's so that seems like a good price. Southwest will run you approxamately the same after you pay about the same. It sounds like a good deal. I found checking all of the surrounding airports, connecting and direct flights...and remember if the price goes down you call and request a voucher for the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter