Do I need sweatshirts the end of November?

I have heard such conflicting info on the weather at this time though. I guess maybe it depends on the person.

Not necessarily depending on the person. The weather is sooo different from year to year. Never needed anything in November, but was below freezing several days the first of Dec. when we were there one year - yet it can be hot those days also. So when you think you are hearing conflicting info, it's not, just very real for that year.

For an example ... last year we were there for almost two weeks at Christmas. First half of our trip was hot. We wore shorts, went swimming, etc. Cold front moved in ... we had to buy long underwear to watch the 12/30 fireworks at MK.

Bring 'em!!! If you don't end up needing them, that's great! But better to have them and not need them, than wish you'd brought them. Most Disney sweatshirts are $50+ per item. If need to buy them for more than one family member, that could get expensive really quickly.

For an example ... last year we were there for almost two weeks at Christmas. First half of our trip was hot. We wore shorts, went swimming, etc. Cold front moved in ... we had to buy long underwear to watch the 12/30 fireworks at MK.

Yup, this is what happens. And we add a pair of light gloves and a knit hat to help ward off those chilly northwest winds.

No one in my family is willing to wear a jacket around their waist all day, so we bring an inexpensive folding backpack when we might need jackets. When we're wearing our jackets the extra bag folds down to a tiny pouch inside my bag, and when we're not the kids (ages 7-12 on our last trip) take turns carrying it.

Thankfully we are driving, so we will probably leave NJ in winter coats anyway, but I will be able to bring the necessities! I have heard such conflicting info on the weather at this time though. I guess maybe it depends on the person. I will definitely keep watch on the weather as it gets closer. Thanks for all the tips!

I agree with @North of Mouse.

I don’t think it’s the person per se. I think it’s the extreme up and down weather.

It’s like a Canadian spring or fall. You can get a sunburn and frostbite in the same week. :-)

Plan for everything. But I stand firm on the windbreakers.

When we went in November we wore t-shirts and shorts the entire trip, including nights. I think it depends on where you are from because we are from Iowa, it was much colder when we left for Florida, and it snowed that week as well so to us 60 degree weather was very nice.

When we went in November we wore t-shirts and shorts the entire trip, including nights. I think it depends on where you are from because we are from Iowa, it was much colder when we left for Florida, and it snowed that week as well so to us 60 degree weather was very nice.
I think I agree! We are from NJ and by the end of November it will be fairly cold, so 60 to us will be amazing! Lol!

During our last November visit we wore everything from shorts and tanks to jackets and jeans. Prepare for the weather to bounce about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter