• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do nuts count as a snack credit?

Snow_White

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the yummy warm nuts (I think they're almonds and pecans, covered in sugar) sold at Epcot (at the entrance to the world showcase) and MK (near Pirates) count as a snack credit? They are my absolute favorite WDW treat, so I would be very happy if they do :teeth:

They are not listed as one, no. But, people have often been able to get things not listed as their snack when they asked - it depends a lot on the CM working. It's worth asking but I wouldn't count on it =0

(I love them too!)

I've read that they're often pretty specific about the snack credits, limiting folks just to the items listed in the brochure and those with the DP sticker on the menu boards.

YES they are! We just returned last weekend and as the snack credits were changing in front of us, we took a day to start keeping an eye out. We were staying at the BWV and walked over to EPCOT in search of snacks (we had 14 credits to us). YES the DDP symbol is next to the cinnamom nuts now! We picked up 3 packs for the plane ride home (pecans, almonds and mixed). It was only noon, so they were not ready at the front of WSC, but they were near the American Paviolon. While at EPCOT the symbol was showing up everywhere. We noticed it at pretzel wagons and the soft serve ice cream shack near China. We didn't notice as many in the countries as snack places in other parks. We went to the food court area in the land and asked if the deserts were part of the ddp and were told no, but now think we may have asked an uninformed CM, as they are the same snacks as fountainview. At Gerties in MGM, I told the CM we wanted waffle cones and was using the snack credit and he said no you can't do that. I told him to turn around and take a look at the board and he said, WOW, when did that happen, so we knew it was new. I'm guessing the change was on 1 May, since we came home on 5 May.

Snow_White said:
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the yummy warm nuts (I think they're almonds and pecans, covered in sugar) sold at Epcot (at the entrance to the world showcase) and MK (near Pirates) count as a snack credit? They are my absolute favorite WDW treat, so I would be very happy if they do :teeth:
Yes they are! I saw that little purple and white sticker with my own eyes just a few days ago!! ;) YUM!

Woohoo, thanks for the info! I know what I'll be spending all of my snack credits on in September now, LOL :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter