Do we bring the box of lanyards, pins, etc to the trip?

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all!

Forgive me, going on our first ABD ever! Thuy bring the box of stuff with us to the trip? This includes the lanyards with the pins. And the extra duffel bags? I will place the luggage straps and tags, just wondering about the others.
Thanks!

I usually bring the duffel bag, as it's good for stuff that I want to bring back & forth to the motorcoach. The lanyards and the pins are optional. Sometimes people wear them, sometimes they don't. Normally, you get the lanyards and the pins during the trip, so it had never been a question pre-pandemic.

Sayhello

Hi all!

Forgive me, going on our first ABD ever! Thuy bring the box of stuff with us to the trip? This includes the lanyards with the pins. And the extra duffel bags? I will place the luggage straps and tags, just wondering about the others.
Thanks!
Yes, you need to bring the lanyards, with your named added on each of them, as those are not currently distributed by the guides, The pins are optional and not needed. The duffle or backpack or whatever else are also optional, some will bring them to use and others will not, If you do bring tbose items, it is a good idea to have an identifying tag or something on them as they all look alike -smile!

I usually bring the duffel bag, as it's good for stuff that I want to bring back & forth to the motorcoach. The lanyards and the pins are optional. Sometimes people wear them, sometimes they don't. Normally, you get the lanyards and the pins during the trip, so it had never been a question pre-pandemic.

Sayhello
Thank you, the box of stuff especially the duffel was a nice surprise!

Yes, you need to bring the lanyards, with your named added on each of them, as those are not currently distributed by the guides, The pins are optional and not needed. The duffle or backpack or whatever else are also optional, some will bring them to use and others will not, If you do bring tbose items, it is a good idea to have an identifying tag or something on them as they all look alike -smile!
Thanks! We are packing the lanyards and duffel, can’t wait for the trip!

Wow, I didn’t realize this was a thing as it’s our first time too. Do all trips receive this? Is a certain number of days before you leave? Thanks

Wow, I didn’t realize this was a thing as it’s our first time too. Do all trips receive this? Is a certain number of days before you leave? Thanks
Yes, everyone receives a box prior to their ABDs. How many days prior to your trip has really been pretty random lately, though.

Sayhello

I received a box with lanyards and pins but literally nothing else - is this standard now? No luggage tags or straps, even.

Just got back from the trip and we needed the lanyards for parts of it. They acted like our tickets for some of the tours. You should also bring the luggage tags for when the baggage service moves your suitcases.

I guess every trip is different. We got back from the Galapagos Expedition Cruise this week, and no one ever used the lanyards nor the luggage tags that were sent. They did give us different luggage tags to use on a couple of occasions, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter