Do you always receive an email when waitlist goes through?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I made a very long shot waitlist for the week after thanksgiving. I am wondering do i need to bother with checking the website to see if it has come through or should I just wait and expect an email if by some miracle it is fulfilled.

Last edited:
Same with us regarding emails. Our WL’s have just disappeared from our dashboard, and then within a week or so the reservation shows up on there. So if you want to stalk your dashboard you will know if it matches.

Almost never receive an email when the waitlist fills. It has freaked me out the time or two I have!

Years ago they would call you when they worked the waitlist also back then we could have more than two active lists.

:earsboy: Bill

My WL came through last year and I noticed it on my dashboard. About a week later I got an email noting my new reservation details. I have a waitlist pending right now and check about once a week.

Add us to the "Never received an email" list. As others mentioned, I just saw the wait list request was gone from the Dashboard. (Then eventually updated with new dates)

We had a wait list come through and received absolutely no notice. I would not have known unless I called DVC about an unrelated trip.
Same here. I found out when I received the envelope with the flyer that says, welcome and it shows the resort you'll be staying at and the amenities, and it was Kidani instead of SSR. I logged on to DVC and sure enough wait list fulfilled.

Personally I check my online account at least once a day when I have am on a waitlist, seems like a simple way to check to me.

Personally I check my online account at least once a day
I had an existing reservation and waitlisted Kidani because I thought the girls would prefer the experience, never having stayed there. I thought it was a long shot and was perfectly ok if it didn’t come through as the stay was booked so I put it out of my mind. It was a pleasant surprise.

I got an email this evening for a waitlist that was fulfilled for GCV June 13-15. I logged in around 2p to stalk the RAT and noticed my waitlist was still on the dashboard, so the turnover for me was quick. Maybe because the dates are only a couple of weeks away? They also combined those 2 nights to the other 2 nights I already had the day before and after the waitlisted days.

Personally I check my online account at least once a day when I have am on a waitlist, seems like a simple way to check to me.

Same.

And these experiences are interesting. I had a couple wait lists fill for my February trip and I got an email each time. Though they were actually manually adding it to my longer stay and sending emails of the new dates; someone was very on top of things with my account.

And even though I checked rat and the Booking portal every day I never once saw the availability for any of it go up. So I either checked at the wrong times or they were fast at snagging my days for me.

I got an email BUT it doesn't say your waitlist has come through, it's just a booking confirmation. At first I thought they'd just sent the original booking confirmation again (as we had opted to switch on a waitlist coming through) and it wasn't until I read it again later I realised it had actually confirmed my waitlisted accommodation.

I got an email BUT it doesn't say your waitlist has come through, it's just a booking confirmation. At first I thought they'd just sent the original booking confirmation again (as we had opted to switch on a waitlist coming through) and it wasn't until I read it again later I realised it had actually confirmed my waitlisted accommodation.

That's my experience as well. Happened all 3 times a WL came through.

I recently received an email confirmation when I changed the people on the reservation.

I have had 2 waitlists come through in the last month. Both times I received an email Confirming the reservation. One of the best emails to get!

The 2 times i have had a waitlist come through, we did receive an email. I had already found it on my dashboard before I got the email. But I did receive one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter