Do you ever pay cash for Sat at HHI?

JoEllen

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to figure our points to do HHI and BWV for next year. We've never stayed at HHI before and though I expected the usual week-end "creep" for points, I was really surprised by the the jump in points for Saturday night. We're looking at a 1 bdrm in June and for Fri/Sat = 129 points. Wow! :earseek: That blows our points for a December trip to BWV. Of course we could shorten our stay but since we're coming from the West Coast we'd like to stay at least a week.

Do alot of you pay cash for one or both of those nights or check out for the week-end?

We did a couple of years ago. We decided on Friday we'd like to stay Saturday night. We just called the front desk and it wasn't a problem.

Our "week" at HH is usually Sunday-Saturday. I believe most people check out on Saturday so I would suspect there is usually availability.

Thank you CGCW, that's probably the way we'll go too. I'd rather not move out for the week-end and then move back.

Your welcome. I wouldn't want to move out for the weekend either. And, the one time we stayed, the resort was empty on Saturday. :goodvibes

Your going to love Hilton Head!!

Hi, we stayed last summer on cash. It is A LOT cheaper than points. I believe our 1br was $262/nt. $350-25% discount!! We stayed for 7 nights (5 on pts), and 2 on cash (fri and sat), for $532 for a week at HHI!! NOT BAD I say!!

Cash Fri and Sat nights are a LOT easier to get.

The points at HHI are WAY too high compared to ANY OTHER RESORT IN DVC , but this is my opinion anyway.

Good luck to you!
Deer H

We've always paid cash for Saturday night at HHI. We use frequent flier miles, and DH's FF program requires us to stay over a Saturday nite. You're right-those Saturday nite points are killers! So we've always gotten Member's discount (25% off) for Saturday night. And in February or March, this makes it comparable to a hotel.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that's a tight wad with my points :eek: and I hadn't thought about our 25% discount which makes a cash night even better! :flower:

We're going for a few days in October and are paying cash for Saturday night. We have a cash rate (with the member discount) of $165.00 - I think. We're staying on points for Sun - Weds.

We paid cash for a GV on Sat night 2 weeks ago to combine with our 5 nights on points. With DVC discount, the cost was $535 for the night, but well worth it to have room to house 10 of us!

A GV would be a wonderful way to stay. With that many people did you have most of your meals in the villa? Is there a handy grocer on HHI or do you go back to the mainland to shop?

In my next life I want to be related to someone with enough points for a GV! :cloud9:

There are a number of good grocery stores within a short drive. The closest (and the one we mostly use) is Piggly Wiggly, located in the mall complex next to the resort. (It's at the opposite end of that complex, down beyond Giuseppi's- about 1/2 mile from the resort.)

We treated everyone to the resort barbeque on Tuesday night (there is also a Shrimp Boil offered at the Beach House that we did not take advantage of this year, but have in the past). These are all-you-can-eat events and tied to other resort activities. The Tuesday nite barbeque is in celebration of Star Spangled Tuesday and is a lead-in to the weekly fireworks.

Otherwise, we dined in the room. We took a spiral cut ham, grilled hamburgers, grilled steaks, ordered pizza (from Giuseppi's) and finished off leftovers our last night. For the kids, we brought mac-n-cheese and hot dogs to supplement their tastes (the oldest turned 4 last week). We also grilled the Spanish Mackerel caught on our fishing trip- it was excellent!

Our first night, when it was just DW and myself in a Studio, we enjoyed dinner at Scott's Fishmarket a 5 minute right across from the resort.

Enjoy!

Thanks Doc, we will remember the Piggly Wiggly. I told our DD the name of the grocery store and she couldn't stop laughing! Must be a southern thing, our stores up here have very boring names.

I like the idea of grilling a few nights to offset the price of our frustrating golf games. Now if I can just talk DH into fishing for us too!

We paid cash for our saturday night stay in HH this past June. At a WHOPPING 99 points for a Saturday night stay, the 300 in cash seems like a steal.

Are reservations were linked and we didnt have to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter