Do you ever wear any of your pins?

sherlockmiles

DIS Veteran
I thought about this as I put on my Steampunk Tink pin this morning.
I'm not a pin trader, but I do own a handful of Disney pins that I actually wear out and about.

Do any of you actually wear any of your 'trading' pins?

I do. I'm a big Goofy fan (hence my avatar) and I always carry 1 or two on me or on my camera bag. My fiancee and I have valentine's couples pins. We usually wear them on Valentine's day or on special romantic outings.

I wear a favorite Flower Show pin (a sunflower pin) on my hat every year when I go to Epcot’s Flower and Garden.

My husband always wears his DVC Mickey flag pin when we are in Disney. Members received a special pin after 9/11 that is engraved on the back "In remembrance of September 11, 2001".

I put a couple of pins (not for trading) on my bag when I go to DLR or WDW. They tie into the theme of the trip or the season (e.g., holiday themed pins during the December trip, Halloween themed pins during the September/October trip, etc.).

nah... but i like that idea.. not sure my wife would go for that.. she would be afraid i would LOSE it..

nah... but i like that idea.. not sure my wife would go for that.. she would be afraid i would LOSE it..
I've had pretty good luck with the locking style backs (the ones with the little allen wrench seems to be more secure than the rubber Mickeys or the butterfly clasps). That being said, I completely understand where your wife is coming from...I lost a favorite pin once and I still regret wearing it that day.

I've had pretty good luck with the locking style backs (the ones with the little allen wrench seems to be more secure than the rubber Mickeys or the butterfly clasps). That being said, I completely understand where your wife is coming from...I lost a favorite pin once and I still regret wearing it that day.
Yes, my DH went to Ebay to replace my F&G Sunflower pin because I did lose one. I do still wear the new one.

DW and I got the locking backs for the pins and they seem quite secure. We each have 4-5 pins on our backpacks. So far so good, no pins lost. They do pick up some scratches, but we like our matching Disney flair too much :)

The standard Mickey-shaped backs just are not secure enough though. You're basically guaranteed pins will fall off if you use those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!