Do You Feel Appreciated?

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
My DH was brought up in a family that never showed affection. They never hugged one another, although you have to kiss everyone when you enter a house. They were never ones to encourage one another or to compliment one another. I am used to this and am not complaining about it. He's come a long way in the 13 years we are together.

The other night, my DH was on the phone in the next room with one of his friends. He was going on and on about how he can't believe that I accomplish all that I do in a given day. He was telling his friend about what goes on as our nightly routine and that I make everything seem effortless.

I just thought that this was such a nice compliment for him to pay to me even though he'd never tell me this to my face. It was just nice to know that he notices the things that I do and that he appreciates me.

That was so sweet of him. It is nice to know that you are appreciated.

What a great feeling that must've been! :)

That was very sweet! My DH grew up in a similar situation. It's taking me a while to get used to that, because my family is hugs all the time and heavy on the praise. I do feel appreciated most of the time. I just hope DH realizes how much I appreciate him.

RU--

As you heard it and it warmed your heart, remember to praise him as well. Some men are really insecure, although they appear quite macho... (macho is not really them, but they are insecure of who they really are, etc....)

Don't forget to tell him all the great stuff he does for you as well...

Isn't it great when communication/praise is a two way street?

PS My family is not affectionate, huggy or kissy... you *MAY* get a hand shake if you are lucky....

That's so nice, isn't it great to feel appreciated?

My DH was also brought up in a home where there wasn't much love. Not only was it not shown there simply was nothing but yelling etc. I thank God everyday for how DH turned out. He had every opportunity in the world to be a very mean and bitter person, but yet he is the most loving person I know. I bet he tells me he loves me 100 times per day. He never leaves the house that he doesn't kiss me and tell me he loves me. Even if he is just running to the store to get milk or something. No matter what I do he compliments me.....even if it isn't much he will notice. The only thing he does say is " I wonder if you could stay off that computer for a week during the day and not go crazy! :) " I don't stay on that often at night unless he is watching TV...lol! But I wouldn't trade him for anything!

Cindy, point well taken. I lavish him with praise all the time. My parents were our greatest cheerleaders and it is ingrained in me and all of my siblings. Our children spend so much time with me and my family that they are the same way. I know he appreciates me. It's just nice to hear it sometimes. I adore him and he knows it.

I had a huge headache last Thursday night. I went upstairs to lie down early. When it was time for the kids to go to bed, my DS came down the hallway with a concerned look on his face and his arms extended to hug me. He said, "come here, Mommy. I'll make it better" and he kissed my forehead. Of course, it felt better after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter