"Do you finish each other's sandwiches?" - Dining Report w/Pics 9/24-9/29 (**Completed**)

1900 Park Fare

Our final Deluxe Dining Plan experience took us to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast.

I wanted hubs to experience a character breakfast, but not too soon in the trip that he would think it corny. I wanted to make sure he was thoroughly marinated in the Disney sauce before throwing this at him. Originally, I had ‘Ohana booked for this day but later changed it to Cape May Café. Soon after I read posts in which folk talked about how difficult of an ADR 1900 Park Fare is to score, so I had to have it.

A few weeks before the trip I was able to get us in at 9:25. It took constant stalking on MDE to get this ADR. I put in a request at Touring Plans reservation finder but ended up being much faster doing it myself. TP did eventually find a reservation for us, but we didn't need it.

Magical Express was scheduled to pick us up at 12:15. We wanted to get everything packed up and out of the room before we left for 1900 and by the time we got that done it was 8:30. We decided to take a taxi from Port Orleans French Quarter to Grand Floridian. It was $15.

The characters started coming around the room approximately 30 minutes into breakfast service. The buffet offers standard breakfast items in addition to a made to order omelet station. I didn’t end up taking any pictures of the buffet or the food. This breakfast was mostly about getting pics with the characters.

Tigger came first. I love him because his interactions are playful.
Here’s a picture of us in 2004 and again in 2017. Super cute!

Next up was Mary Poppins. Man, was she talkative.

And her dress is so pretty!!

Alice was next. I saw her pose like this with someone else in the restaurant, so when she noticed me put my finger to my cheek she said “Oh wait. Let me do that, too.” :love:

More time passed and the Mad Hatter hadn’t made it to us yet. He spent a good amount of time interacting with each table. Hubs noticed people were leaving and asked if we should do the same so those waiting for a table could have our seats. I said – “Sweetie, this is a $65 breakfast. We will be meeting the Mad Hatter today.” :rotfl:

The Mad Hatter was great! He wanted to know our plans for the day and I told him we were leaving. He exclaimed over and over - “Why don’t you stay?” “Just stay!”
So cute.

Hubs liked the character breakfast, although he wasn’t one for posing for pictures. He was happy just to sit back and delight in the wonderment in my eyes.

Well, that concludes the dining report. In the end we wound up with snack credits left and had to make a mad dash to the gift shop to spend them. I hated to do that because I know we missed out on a lot of awesome snacks in the parks.
But we did get a few ...

Carrot Cake Cookie from Sweet Spells @ Hollywood Studios (This … is … the … BOMB!!)

Caramel Apple from Goofy’s at Disney Springs /
Turtles from Goofy’s at Disney Springs

Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich from EPCOT

Thanks for joining us!! :wave2:

So, the receipt from RR didn't have the cost listed?

We did end up getting one with the cost listed, but nothing to indicate we used the dining plan and nothing to indicate we left a tip. The receipt we left with leaves it to appear we didn't pay and that we didn't tip. Very strange indeed.

Great reviews! It sounds like you had a great trip. Weird that they did't offer to cook the salmon more for you at 50s. I won't eat it cooked that way either so I find it really strange that they can't just fix it to how you want.

It occurred to me that it’s probably embarrassing for parents when that happens.

OMG yes! I just want to crawl under a table and hide. My kids are usually pretty good but I have had to take them out of a restaurant before on a few occasions. I would be so upset if their behavior ruined someone else's meal.

Wow! What terrific reviews. I really enjoyed following along. Totally agree on the wild boar at Jiko. I dream about that dish!!! Boathouse is one of my new favorites as well. So sorry to hear your Raglan Road experience was a bust. I've had some hit or miss experiences there too but the shepherd's pie keeps it in the rotation. "Problem" is that there are almost too many great options in Disney Springs now - impossible to hit them all in one trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter