Do You have to use your MYW passes?

Exp.626Stitch

Mouseketeer
I have an AP but right now with the free dining I'm not so sure it is worth booking the AP rate rooms. Does anyone know if I book the package, if I have to use the MYW passes or can I give them to my parents (whom are coming with us, as well) ??

Exp.626Stitch said:
I have an AP but right now with the free dining I'm not so sure it is worth booking the AP rate rooms. Does anyone know if I book the package, if I have to use the MYW passes or can I give them to my parents (whom are coming with us, as well) ??

I think the MYW passes are on your room key. I don't think your parents could use them since they would have your name on them... anyone else know?

I was wondering the same thing, and even considering adding the $400 it would cost to add the no expiry, but figured the AP Rate and DDE would still be lesss than the $400 cost of the tickets. The plan is good if you are not an AP holder....IMHO so I am going to get 3 trips on my AP(a total of 22 days)...I will be happy with that :cool1: .

Technically they cannot be transferred. But in theory they may be able to use them since you would not have had your biometrics tied to them. The down side is that your parent (singular as the ticket cannot be shared between the parents) would need to have your resort ID every time they want to enter or reenter a park.

I don't want to transfer my tix, but do they have to be on your room key? Why I ask is that we are staying on property 2 days before and 3-5 days after a cruise on the wonder, I would like to get the "package" with free dining, but it is only available on the 3-5n stay and I dont think I can add to the front part (my schedule) so... I'd like to use our "package" tickets during the first part though, make sense???

We're doing the same thing-anyone have the answer?

We looked at this; for two people in a Deluxe resort, the AP room discount is better than the free dining plan, because they both are worth $70 pre-tax dollars, but you have to buy one-day tickets, too. For three or more people, the dining plan trumps the room discount.

For all other categories, the dining plan is a better deal for two or more people---it's spectacularly better in the Values.

When the AP discount was announced, we thought about a standard AKL room. But, our four night/three day trip is $450 less expensive in a Value room with free dining (plus we get four dining plan days to use over three days) and that was too good of a deal to pass up so we actually downgraded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter