Do you make DH go to couples showers?

I've never been to a couples baby shower. But my husband would be happy to go if he got invited. He loves food, drink and get togethers. I'd probably try to just send him and stay home. :rolleyes:

Same here and exactly what I was going to post. My DH loves parties that involve hanging out and drinking so there would be no "making" him. He'd be happy to go.

Why wouldnt you go? DD and I go to parties all of the time without each other. Every New Year’s Eve, we start at different parties, and then end up at the same.
:confused3 Just not our style. If we're invited together we either both go or don't go. Come to think of it, I can't remember ever inviting a couple to something and only having one of them attend. Nothing wrong with it, but it would surprise me.

I know my husband would never go. He hates parties and at 63 I don’t see him starting going to showers now.

So I went, DH didn’t. I told people that he had to work. Every male there replied with “good one, I wish that I thought of that.” His father even said that if he hadn’t of retired, he could of used that excuse. After about 30 minutes, all of the men looked bored out of their minds. I was really glad that I didn’t force DH to go.

So I went, DH didn’t. I told people that he had to work. Every male there replied with “good one, I wish that I thought of that.” His father even said that if he hadn’t of retired, he could of used that excuse. After about 30 minutes, all of the men looked bored out of their minds. I was really glad that I didn’t force DH to go.

How is a shower more boring for a man than a woman? Seriously, I don't get it. I've gone to many co ed showers and it's just a party/get together with food, drinks and eventually opening some gifts. No different than a birthday party, house warming, Christmas party etc.

How is a shower more boring for a man than a woman? Seriously, I don't get it. I've gone to many co ed showers and it's just a party/get together with food, drinks and eventually opening some gifts. No different than a birthday party, house warming, Christmas party etc.

Yep that’s sort of how dil’s was done. I mean they did do some of the silly games. The ones that are usually just way too much but the guys had fun with it and made them really funny. The whole thing was really enjoyable.

They didn’t seem bored at all. I guess they had fun at the bridal co-ed, the same guys attended the co-ed baby shower

My DH would go if I strong armed him to go, but I wouldn’t do that. If I did, he’d be friendly with everyone there, but I would be able to tell he was irritated.

My husband has never been invited to a shower but has helped behind the scenes at a few that I've hosted. He sure likes the food part!

I agree! I despise going to showers myself. If we were invited to a coed shower for DH's family, you'd better believe he would be there. If I have to go, so does he. If we were invited to a coed shower for my family, no doubt he'd rather go than deal with me for refusing. If it were a shower for a non-family member, I'm sure we would have a good reason for not attending & send a gift instead. ;) I'm glad it worked out for the OP & her DH. We wouldn't have had the same result in our house. Fortunately, my DH is very easy going, so it wouldn't be much of an argument to get him to go. You know, happy wife, happy life & all that. :rolleyes1 I've also done things for him that I didn't want to do, so it evens out.

I think my dh would want to go if it was family getting together. That is how he would look at- a chance to see his bro and BILs.
It hasn't come up yet though so I have no idea. I definitely wouldn't make him go if he didn't want too.

We've only been invited to a couple of showers of this type, and in both cases, it was just a family get together. No big deal, and really no different than if it were a birthday party.

If your husband doesn't want to go, then let him stay home. Mine probably would like to go see the family and hang out.

Well, I'm guess I'm one of the rare women who enjoy showers. I like the company, even the silly games - I'm a little competitive. The food it usually good. And I've got no problem sitting through gift opening, some people are really creative with their ideas. But, I certainly don't see why anyone should be forced to go, male or female...

For the record, I've never been to a joint baby shower. I honestly don't know if my husband would want to go or not... he'd probably base his decision on who else might be there. lol

Showers are pretty boring- I like seeing people but 3 hours of gift opening and ohhh and ahhhing is boring. I have a baby shower coming up with over 100 people coming-that's a lot of present opening but I really like couple it is for so I don't mind going. And funny thing is that it is NOT a couples shower, if it was couples it would be 200 people! I have not gone to a shower that was not a couples shower in years so it will be different. Even my baby shower 18 years ago was a couples shower.

Showers are pretty boring- I like seeing people but 3 hours of gift opening and ohhh and ahhhing is boring. I have a baby shower coming up with over 100 people coming-that's a lot of present opening but I really like couple it is for so I don't mind going. And funny thing is that it is NOT a couples shower, if it was couples it would be 200 people! I have not gone to a shower that was not a couples shower in years so it will be different. Even my baby shower 18 years ago was a couples shower.

Like I've said in PP posts, showers in my family are really fun. They are coed and basically just a big party with a baby shower label thrown on it. Usually gifts aren't even opened there and if they are everyone isn't expected to watch.

So SO's cousin married a girl who is more traditional. She wants to do the brunch/lunch, girls only baby shower. I told my SO I will probably pass. I'm hoping it's planned for a weekend I'm away. lol First I don't want to be somewhere at 11 am on the weekend and be bored to tears for the next 3 hours. I don't understand why people have these kind of showers when they know everyone hates them?? Don't you want your friends and family to have a good time?? Why not try something different? Why not spice it up and make it fun??

Now our bridal showers (if you even have one...they aren't common in my circle) tend to be a bit more traditional but it usually ends as a girls night out or girls night in so I can tolerate that.

I don't make my husband do anything. He is an adult. As am I. He also knows how to act like an adult if he goes somewhere he doesn't want to be. And I am sure he sometimes ends up places that he doesn't want to be. I know I do.

Whether we went to a couples shower would depend on many things. Were we available. Do we like the couple enough to take a few hours out of our weekend for a shower. Who is hosting? Do we enjoy their parties?

At this point in our lives, showers are for our friends kids or in the case of a baby shower, our friends kids, kids. We don't have any family around us, so we don't have any invites to showers from them.

All in all, when we receive an invitation, we decide what we are doing. I don't make him do anything, he doesn't make me.

No I wouldn't make him go to a couples shower, but what you have described sounds more like a family get together...with his family. The other men are his brothers and BIL's? I'm sure the guys will find other things to do besides drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!