Do you obsessively clean before your trip?

Do you obsessively clean your house?

• It must be clean before I go

• I'll keep it dirty. I'm going on vacation anyways.

• If I have the time I'll clean a little.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes we have to clean quite well as we have house sitters to look after the cats :)

Claire ;)

This way when I come home it is all clean except for the 12 loads of laundry I will have to do from the vacation.
One of the things I really love about staying at a DVC resort is the free laundry. We usually stay in a studio, which doesn't have a washer and dryer in the room, but the laundry rooms are right next to the pools. I'll throw a few loads in whenever we go to the pool. It doesn't take any time away from the vacation because we're down at the pool anyway , means I don't have to pack as much for the trip (which is good with the new enforcement of suitcase weight by the airlines), and I can just unpack and put things away when we get home.

I clean before every trip but I am don't obsessively clean when I'm at home :) It works great if everyone in the house is going with you but my brother lives with me and he's staying....I'll clean anyway though. My mom will be taking care of my dog (I don't trust my brother to do it) and she sleeps in my bed while I'm gone to make the dog more comfortable. :laughing: If I don't clean, SHE will and that to me seems worse like I can't take care of my house, I guess...

Did I mention she also brings her own towels? Who does that? Really mine are fine! New and clean and in the linen closet!

I too do ALL the laundry right before I leave. I have been known to have my kids campout on the floor the night before we leave just so that their beds and sheets will be nice and clean for when we come back.

This is too funny as I thought I was the only one that made everyone campout the night before so the sheets are clean when we get home.:lmao: My house is cleaned from top to bottom the day before we leave. I even do the remaining laundry the morning we leave so there is nothing left to do when we get home. I will also do some laundry on vacation while the boys are out and about.

Something that I didn't put in my last post was that it's not only me that cleans the house before we go. Normally we fly out at the 6:30-ish flight on the 1st day of our trip. 2 days before our trip, we let our DS's stay up really late. Then the day before our trip we wake them up early. Everyone in the helps clean. Especially this year, since we moved into a home twice the size of the home we were living in at the time of our last trip. Our thinking is that even though they are really excited about the trip, we will get them really tired and they will go to bed. Hopefully they will get some sleep before their 3-3:30 am wake up call the morning we leave.
Everyone will have a certain area to clean and some places in the home will be a joint project. The DS's bedroom, playroom, and bathroom will be on them. My DH and I will take our bedroom and bathroom. My DH will take his office and I will take my fabric room (extra bedroom). Every other room in the house will be a joint effort. Also, I make sure my car is spotless. I don't know why, but I just can't stand he thought of my car being dirty while it sits at the airport.

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I've always felt that we deserve to come home to a sparkling clean house. It's sad enough that we have to come back to reality. I'm more relaxed when the house is spotless so at least I have that to look forward to.

Never would have thought about camping out before you leave.
Might be a good idea to do for our next trip.
Not a thing would be out of place or dirty. LOL

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I've always felt that we deserve to come home to a sparkling clean house. It's sad enough that we have to come back to reality. I'm more relaxed when the house is spotless so at least I have that to look forward to.

I completely agree. My room is messy half of the time, but coming home from WDW I want it SPOTLESS. (So I can display my souveneirs of course!) :goodvibes

I try to clean it pretty good. We have a house sitter that stays while we are gone and I like to have it tidy.

I like to come home to a clean and orderly house. This trip I am also going to clean (disinfect) on vacation. I just read a trip report where a child was diagnosed by the Doc on call at Coronado Springs with strep throat, and yet the mom took him into the parks for "a few hours" each day for the duration of their trip. Geeze Louise!!! I packed a small bottle of hand sanitizer, but I'm buying a purse pack of disinfecting wipes for each day I'm in the parks and wiping down everything plus seriously thinking about disposable gloves for the attractions with hand rails. So if some of you came back from WDW in August with strep... Now you know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter