• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you rent a car and bring your own car seats?

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
I am debating if I should get a towncar or rent a car to go between MCO airport and BWV (hopefully).

I like the idea of renting a car, so that I can go get the groceries while my mother and my kids settle down in the villa, and then just drop off the car at Dolphin. While we have the car, we may be able to explore other parts of WDW a little more since we have never rented a car before for WDW trips.

However, the thought of having to bring 2 car seats sort of makes me consider a towncar service.

To reserve a towncar and choose the 1/2 hour stop may be OK. But knowing my husband, he will feel bad to have the driver wait so he will rush me like there is no tomorrow. It will make the grocery stop so stressful that I may have a heart attack.

For those of you who also have kids who still need to be in car seats, do you really bring them on your trips? I know that I can rent these car seats, but based on prior experiences, I am not a fan of the rentals.

Thanks

:D :D :D

We bring our two carseats with us on the plane since our children are young (3 and 2) Kinda of a pain but we feel it is worth it (safer and it keeps them in place! LOL)

If you dont want to bring them ON the plane you can always check them as luggage. I dont beleive they count in the baggage count...... but I could be wrong (and if they do count they shouldnt!!!!!!!!!)

Now when I traveled alone to HHI with both the girls.....AND a plane change, I lugged the girls, the double stroller, the carryon bag, two carseats and my purse........ WHEW But it was still worth it, even though I will never ever fly alone with the girls when they are this young again!

If you have never had a car at Disney, your in for a real treat. I would book some PS's at different resorts to check them out and it is such a breaze with a car!

When I went I didn't bring my own car seat. I just rented one with the car. On second thought, I don't even think I was being charged for it. If I was, it was a very small charge. Worth not having to lug it around on the plane etc. The less to carry the better for me. I would rent the car!! Lots of competitive pricing and worth the idea knowing you can go somewhere else in a short notice.

.....We always ship our booster seat with the rest of our baggage. I just don't think that the rental car seats are sufficiently cleaned:D

We took our 3-month old to WDW and Daytona Beach in September. Had his car seat on the plane and in the rental car. Didn't find it to be a hassle, but it's one of those all-in-one systems where the car seat fits into the stroller so getting around the airport was a breeze. We checked the stroller at the gate.

Hope you have a great trip.

We brought our car seats for the plane and rental car (our kids are 3 and 1). It is a lot to carry through the airports, but to us it's worth it for the kids to have their own familiar seats.

Having a car is great. You can park hop or travel to another resort so quickly and easily! It's also nice to have a car when the kids need to go back to the hotel for a nap and/or break. It can't be much fun to have to wait for a bus when the kids are tired, hot, and cranky! If you have a car, you can make a fairly quick exit whenever you need to. We also found we needed some additional groceries mid-week, so my husband drove to the store while I got the kids down for their naps - it was so convenient.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

thanks for all your replies.

You convinced me that I decided to get a rental car, and now I have to figure out the "must dos" once if you have a car.

Thanks again:p

We rent a car, plus we bring our oldest car seat with us and leave it behind at the end of our trip. If you can pick up a used one, or know someone who is finished with one, bring it with you and leave it behind. To pay $5.00 or more a day for one seems like a rip off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter