Does a TDR hotel key work like the US WDW Key to the World?

sperkins921

Why's the Rum always gone???
I'm wondering if the hotel keys at TDR (and Hong Kong if any of you happen to know) can be used to charge at POS like how in the US we can use the hotel key (well, now MagicBands, but pre band it was the key card) as a payment option?

I'm leery of having to hand over my CC 50 times a day for fear of fraud issues and would rather be able to charge everything back to the room and pay once. I just didn't know if it was a possibility or not? Tried to look through threads here and didn't see anything. I'm okay with it if it's an only option but would just rather not.

Also, I know people say that if you need cash off a US based ATM card that there's an ATM at Iksipari where you can do so. Can someone say more specifically where the ATM is? Ie is it near a certain shop or on a certain level?

Lastly, would everyone still say that 500USD worth of Yen is enough cash to get for the times you can't use a CC if you're only going to the Disney resorts? 60k yen give or take just seems like an awful lot of cash to be carrying around....

I haven't gone yet but I've been doing a lot of research for our upcoming trip and the room key does not act like a key to the world card. You will have to use your cc or cash. I'm just getting cash from the airport ATM where everyone says it will take American issued credit cards. You can send a pm to either teslacar or corbisblue, they both live there and write travel blogs with lots of useful info.
Have a great trip!

You can also use any ATM's at 7-11's as they take western credit cards and have instructions in English

I've stayed at Tokyo Disneyland hotel and the room key is just a key. Park tickets are separate and paper. Check out the last page of my trip report if you want to see scans of both.

The link is in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter