Does anyone else have a "chase your tail" story re: waiting for the best discounts???

Blue dear.

I haven't been this confused since Algebra II.
Okay, here's what <i>we</i> did:

1) Made room only ressies at WL only to be offered the Sunshine Getaway package which inc ultimate passes - $1500

2) Heard about the DC and decided to become members in hopes of getting a big resort discount ($40 for membership) <i>and</i> ended up waiting two months for Jan '02 rates

3) Still waiting for DC rates so we changed over to the Discovery Magic package because it seemed like a deal - Sunshine PLUS some meals and extras - $2300 or so

4) DC rates are in! 15% off - whoo hoo! Called and switched from DM to room only ressies without passes because hopefully DH will get a deal as he is a fireman? $1000

5) Called for some other reason only to find out that we didn't save squat with DC at all. Room rate is normal. - Now I'm mad.

6) Got a code off Mousesavers (***) for Jan - WL woods view $161/night - WHOO HOO! Called and switched to the code rate - <i>only</i> to be offered an even "better" code (can't remember) that inc ultimate passes. GUESS HOW MUCH. $1500

So now we're back at freaking square one. *L* Jeesh.

MORAL OF THIS STORY: "Screw it." :p

Reminder: Posting guidelines prohibit the posting of discount codes.

You can't post disccount codes here that are posted on Mousesavers.com? Huh. Never knew that. Does that mean she's posting them illegally? I'm confused.

be held accountable if people have problems with the code, so hence we look there and just don't post it....

And as for your trip....Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Isn't it frustrating! but have a good time anyway!
Holycow

Ahhh... okay I see now. :D

And yeah, I'm sure I'll have a blast. It's just that never before have I gone in a complete circle with this discount business. I'm starting to think that it's just a matter of luck, ya know? Like some people post, "I just got blah blah for $25/night on blah blah with my blah membership!" And I'm thinking to myself, "Crikey, was it worth all that trouble?" *L*

I'd almost rather spend an extra $200 just to call once and be done with it! :(

know exactly what you mean!! all that planning chasing deals. only to found out $126.a week rental car,at airport in orlando,standing there with all my internet dealing,using proper codes
Cost $600
Doing it all myself
Trip to WDW cost me $7000.

Should have taken the WDW package with air included $3899.00 would only have had to add
$1000 food
$300.WDW Junk=
$5199.

Should stayed on my half of USA AND have gone to DL again for $2500.

Now in debt and lost the Magic!!

$7000!?? :eek: Tink, how long were you there and when? Where did you stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter