Does anyone else kind of just want to get this virus and get it over with?

It's super scary for sure but even social distancing will not stop people from getting this. It's slowing it down. To many people not listening and keep spreading this thing. Korea legit had ppl stop and stay and they have very little cases now. So my worry now is when I get it that the hospital situation is not as bad as it is now.

A friend through Fb shared her niece, a perfectly healthy 11 year old girl , ZERO pre-existing conditions, who was perfectly healthy until Friday night, apparently her fever spiked rapidly, she was taken by ambulance. She has since been transferred to Ste-Justine Hosp in Montreal, which is an amazing Hospital. She has Covid, on a respirator, pneumonia as well, and the next 24 hours are critical.

This has rocked me all day, badly, I glimpsed through her Mother’s timeline, as she had the original post, trying to show people how it can happen to anyone, any age, and she was posting for 2 weeks about staying in, and doing things with her kids, She is a teacher. She is saying her husband can not go, he may not get to say goodbye to his little girl. Only 1 parent allowed.

As a mother who has lost a child, this is killing me inside, NO I would not want to get it, I have auto-immune disorders, I don’t want to make my son an orphan, possibly risk him getting it. I will continue to do me, staying in basically all the time except walking Alone or with my husband each day. she posted the room, the experience so far, she seems to really want to make people aware, aNd says it is worse than what we see on TV.

We don’t know who could be this child, we just don’t know.
I hope that this little one pulls through - we all do. :(

These numbers that we read about every day - they are just that, numbers, until someone that you know or love is one of the victims. Then they become human beings. For most of us, reading about this is like reading about some war being fought on the other side of the world. We might know someone who is over there fighting, but until we know someone who dies or is maimed over there, it is just a news story. Just another data point as we move through our lives.

This could be you, or me - any one of us, gone tomorrow - taken by a virus that we could have avoided if only we were more concerned.

In 2018 I spent 5 days in ICU with a tube down my throat. I'd rather not experience that again if I could avoid it. And once you get this there's no way of knowing how badly it will go for you.
Agree. There's a whole lot of "oh, it won't be that bad for ME because of *insert reasons that make them better than everyone else*". I wouldn't be so sure.

I will say a few providers have come out to say they are waiving patient's share or do several other things related to it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...s-waive-costs-to-patients-for-covid-19-treatm

I still wouldn't want to be in that position just passing along information

I would not trust Blue Cross as far as I could throw them. They approved my husband's knee surgery in December and then sent us a letter last week saying it's no longer approved. Big fight going on with them and his doctor's office. :sad2:

And yes I know they aren't mentioned in that link.

I would trust Blue Cross as far as I could throw them. They approved my husband's knee surgery in December and then sent us a letter last week saying it's no longer approved. Big fight going on with them and his doctor's office. :sad2:
I get it just passing along information :flower3:

I take it as some positive news they even care to put forth any effort into what they can do about it lol

The providers that are waiving coronavirus costs, that does NOT apply to employer sponsored plans. Employer sponsored plans cover what the employer pays them to cover (within the confines of law). A lot of people hate their insurance company, but they should really hate the people at their work who negotiated that plan with those companies — all plans from the same company are not created equal

Why? We have a high deductible plan that pays 100% after we reach it $7000, we reach it every year).

Job loss? Not everyone has weeks of sick time.

I have insurance through the hospital I work for. No deductible and no copays if I use my hospital system.

But if I'm in the hospital for weeks at a time and out for months it may effect me financially. Although I think I'm ok with the PTO I have and I assume I would use FMLA or disability and my extended sick leave which would cover me for a while. But not everyone has those resources at their job.

😂😂 i’m sorry, I didn’t mean to rain on your parade. You are totally right and we need to take the good news is where we can find it.
You're good no worries :flower3:

If someone told me in February that in late March I would be all excited about the bread aisle being restocked I don't think I would have believed them :rotfl:...these are def. interesting times I take random stuff as they come :laughing:

Guys maybe we take this as a slight win come on it's at least something positive in the neverending days of doom and gloom :)

*Otherwise sorry I even brought it up
Agree that is a bright point, but this is a thread about something that has no bright points - people wanting to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!