Does anyone here buy SCENTED candles?

Lately, I've found the Yankee ones don't seem to throw the scent as well as they used to. I just ordered a Sugar Cookie one from my friends' daughter's fundraiser and you can only smell it if you are within about 6 inches of it.

Bath and Body Works are by far my favorite even though they don't last as long. My favorite scent of them is the Lemon. Last night we had it burning in our living room and I could smell it all the way upstairs in the bedroom.

I agree about Yankee. My brother was going to get me some for Christmas and i said no. Out of 6 candles i bought from their
website only 2 you could smell after 4 hours. However one that didnt throw well in the beginning "Home sweet home" is much
stronger the 3rd time i lit it.

Bath and body withing 30 min to an hour you could smell throughout the house. However that burn time......

Bath and Body Works has my favorite candles as far as consistency goes. Yankee is so hit or miss with which scents are going to throw and which aren't. I used to buy so many of them but after realizing how many half burned YCs I had sitting in the bottom of a cabinet I quit buying them (except their apple pumpkin, which I've found to be their most consistent candle scent).

I also do Scentsy warmers, and occasionally I will melt a Better Homes and Gardens scent cube in them, but they aren't as good and don't come out of the warmer as easily.

Every now and again I will pick up a specific brand of candles from Marshalls - Makers of Wax Goods. Birch and Whiskey are two of my favorites.

Woodwick can be good too, but again, hit or miss on scent throw. Fireside is my favorite of those.

Funny you should say this about whiskey candles. I was in Marshalls last week and picked up one that was big and round
because it was on clearance. Something called tobacco and vanilla or something like that. I got it for my dad on a whim
and he loves it. He said something about it smelling "real" no froo froo manufactured smell lol.

DD and I both have sensitivities/allergies to certain scents. I buy candles from Walmart and ACMoore and use a Scentsy, too. I have found that neither of us can tolerate floral scents or "made up" (strange mixes with strange names... Starry Night, Windblown Leaves, etc... I made those up but you get the idea) from any manufacturer. We do much better with fruit scents, vanilla/caramel scents, etc. I always make sure to smell candles before I buy them. No sense in paying good money for something I'm just going to throw away!!

Up until a few months ago I have never bought scented candles. I started getting migraines and after
trial and error with my Doctor he asked if I used spray air freshener. I did and he said said stop and
switch to candles. Well the migraines diminished greatly.

Now I'm on a quest to find good scented candles. I bought Bath and Body which i love but burn
too quickly. Scentsationels which are great. Walmart 719 Brand. Yankee Candle and Village Candles.

Please post your favorites/opinions of ones you have tried!:)

I like Yankee Candles and Kringle Candles the best (Kringle is owned by the son of the original owner of Yankee Candle).

However, lately I've stopped using scented candles as much and started using a diffuser with essential oils. I especially like that I have no worries about fire now.

I love "Village Candles", especially the pine scented ones. I have found that some of the Yankee Candles don't have as much scents as others, but that may be true of all candles. I also like "Our Own Candle Company" brand, and the "Spireside" Grand Floridian and Beach Club scents.
One thing that I have learned is that candles burn better if you let them burn for at least 3 hours the first time.

Wow what are Walter and Rosie disney scents and where do you buy them? :)

Just google Walter and Rosie....their site will come up. They have justa bout every disney scent you can imagine...from beach club to Polynesian, to best day ever. They do seasonal too. Right now I am burning Christmas at the lodge. I am slightly addicted.

I love "Village Candles", especially the pine scented ones. I have found that some of the Yankee Candles don't have as much scents as others, but that may be true of all candles. I also like "Our Own Candle Company" brand, and the "Spireside" Grand Floridian and Beach Club scents.
One thing that I have learned is that candles burn better if you let them burn for at least 3 hours the first time.

Yes village is fast moving as my favorite. I just got a box delivered this morning and before i could open i could smell
the fragrance. One thing i will say is a myth is that 2 or 3 wick candles throw better. My scentsy/scentsational candle
i found on clearance at Marshalls is a small 1 wick that throws forever. Even blown out 3 days later i could smell it
in the den.

It is the quality of the candle.

I'm definitely going to try out these disney scents you and others have mentioned!!

I just checked the brand of one of my other favorites, it is an American Home, these candles are made by Yankee Candle. I love the Pink Island Sunset scent. I am going to have to check out the Walter and Rosie brand.

I usually use a tart warmer but around the holidays I use candles. My favorite is White Barn (BBW) Snowflakes and Spruce. It smells so good and it is really strong. I can still smell it the next day after burning. Unfortunately they don't make that scent anymore and I'm down to my last one. I will go to the store to pick another because I think they are the best candles as far as strength of scent.

I use a wax warmer and I melt the laundry beads. I am currently using gain, but there are many Downey scents. I melt them a few times and then throw them out and start fresh. It freshens the entire house!

A parent gave me a White Barn candle for Christmas and the scent is strong and amazing. Its Salted Vanilla and I can smell it all over the house.

One trick I learned is to let the candle burn for a few hours the first time you burn it. If you let it burn long enough that the entire top gets liquid, you won't get the 'tunneling' that makes it difficult to burn them straight to the bottom. I've tried it and it does work.

I went to a friend’s home for dinner and her house smelled amazing. She was burning a Park Hill Collection candle which I had never heard of. Several others there said they used them too.

They said that they cost more, but burn slower and put off a wonderful scent. I’ve seen them on amazon but haven’t bought one yet.

Yes, I do buy scented candles and a lot of them. mostly i buy them from nyassa as they have scented candles at pretty cheap rate and it's nicely scented too, hence nyassa

Up until a few months ago I have never bought scented candles. I started getting migraines and after
trial and error with my Doctor he asked if I used spray air freshener. I did and he said said stop and
switch to candles. Well the migraines diminished greatly.

Now I'm on a quest to find good scented candles. I bought Bath and Body which i love but burn
too quickly. Scentsationels which are great. Walmart 719 Brand. Yankee Candle and Village Candles.

Please post your favorites/opinions of ones you have tried!:)
Yankee Candle is pretty good. My mom loves the MidSummer's Night one and I'm currently using a Red Apple Wreath one from several seasons ago (it is a strong one though as far as scents--cinnamon being a main one but it's a good one).

if you have a Menards around you they also have a few good scents (Black Friday tends to have them even cheaper than they already are), Walmart ones are good as well (I have a mulled cider scented one from seasons ago that still works in the scent department).

When I have the smaller candles I tend to use my candle warmer. The larger candles take way too long to melt on a candle warmer so I tend to light those.

I used to burn scented candles until we were working on a kitchen remodel and I noticed all the black stuff on the top of the wall above where the candles were burned. I switched to a "hot plate" tart warmer and was using Yankee Candle tarts, noticed that the scent was not lasting as long as it used to. I broke the tarts in half to get more use out of them. last few years I switched to the Better Homes + Gardens wax tarts at Walmart, regular price is $2 for 6 tarts, sometimes I can find them on clearance for $1.50.

Rose, lilac, lavender give me a headache, I stay with things like apple, vanilla, tropical fruits, cinnamon.

I'm my own Scentsy dealer so I have tons of different wax bars and warmers to use. I been using Christmas smells like crazy the past few weeks. Now I have a 1 pound brick of wax bars to go through.

I like have my house smell good especially with a 2 year old who still in diapers.

Growing up my Grandma always had to be at Yankee Candle buying tons of candles. I'm surprised someone could spend an hour looking at candles. It was an honor to light the candle at night for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!