• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Does Anyone Know Anything About Jayfeathers?

Drewsmommybear

There's no doors, no windows, and no way out Mooha
Hello. I've been absent for awhile but now I'm back with a question. DH and I have a Flagstaff Pop up that we have really enjoyed. The problem is that since getting it in October, we have had it at the shop 7 times. The repair work has included leaky plumbing, my getting shocked when turning on a light and blowing a fuse :furious:, and leaking coming out of our air conditioning and our roof at least three times. This last time we took it back, the RV center set up a deal with us so that we could get something new :cool1:

So right now we're looking at a Jayco Jayfeather EXP--the 19h model. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!

I had a Jayco Kiwi 23B and loved it. It is the exact same model as the Jay Feather 23B (only difference is the color scheme). It was very well made, never had a problem except for one caused by me - I didn't properly drain the hot water heater while winterizing and it cracked during the winter. About $400 to replace. It had lots of room, towed easily and set up was a breeze.

We like the Jayco products enough that when we traded the Kiwi in we traded it in on a Jayco Motorhome.

We had a jayco jayfeather before we bought our cedar creek...it was a very solidly made camper and we never had one problem with it...in all my years of having campers we have had a jayco popup, jayfeather, jayco eagle and we never one time had trouble out of any of them, I really think jayco makes some of the best campers around very solid, and dealing with their customer service was always ok...we only bought our cedar creek because of the price we couldn't pass it up but if you have worked out a good deal, go with it I think you will be pleased with a jayfeather.

Oh I'm so glad to hear good reviews. I'm already planning all of the little things that I need to buy to go inside. Thank you guys so much. I guess that means that we're upgrading to a real TT!:cool1:

We had a Jayco 19H and loved it! The only reason we upgraded to a larger camper was with 4 kids and 2 adults it was a little cramped. I think Jayco has the best quality. We have silly things break all the time on our current Outback camper but never had a problem with our Jayco.

Good luck!
Shelley

We have a Jayco Eagle seven years now..and it's going strong. We're very happy with the workmanship. Although we've had a bit of trouble with our fridge...twice already, but I don't think that's any reflection on Jayco. I'd go with them again if we were to change or upgrade our trailer. Given that it's paid for and the price of gas now..I think I'll just keep and maintain what we have. The unit is holding up well.

We have owned 3 Jayco's each time moving up a little bigger. We would not buy any other brand. We love the full 2 year warranty.

I cannot tell you how happy all of these good reports have made my husband. Thank you guys so much! We really love camping but could just see ourselves shelling out a lot of money to get the pop up fixed when warranty ended. I guess we'll just make up for it by paying a bit more in gas. Oh Well.

Now I need to call the Disney Merchandise line and get another set of our Mickey lights! :thumbsup2

We also own a Jayco, it's a 2001 Quest 29J (no slide) and it's holding up very well. We bought it used, and I had some concerns that it may start to show it's age. So far, two years into owning it and everything works fine. Taking the abuse that a family with three kids can give it. The single roof top AC can still keep up with a hot summer week at the beach and the fridge fired right up this spring. Brakes work fine, bearings have not overheated, and in New England - no rust on the frame yet. Very durable.

It's sitting in the driveway right now in anticipation of our trip to the beach on Thursday for a week, then to the Maine/New Hampshire border for a weekend trip at the end of July, and off to the Fort for the beginning of August!

Not sure what type of camping you plan to do, but we tend to like state parks and most do not have power. Because of this, friends of ours who RV regularly set us up with two 6volt golf cart batteries on the front in a replacement battery compartment (Norco Marine). It was a little pricey at first, but they'll go for a 4-day weekend using the lights all we want and pumping most of the contents of the 40-gallon fresh water container.

We have had a Coleman (Fleetwood) pop up, a Starcraft pop up, and now we have a Jayco 213... The Jayco is by far the best constructed and we have had no problems. Jayco is a great choice..

Personally, I don't think you can do much better than Jayco for fit and quality construction. They tend to weigh in on the heavy side compared to other brands, so watch your weight allowances. Our Kiwi is 8 years old and has had minimal problems. I love the quality of the cabinets inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter