Does ANYONE know or have your heard about the plans for 50th Anniversary plans? Dates?

I would think they won’t announce anything until they’re ready to let everyone book trip beyond Sept 26, 2021 (any time now, Disney—you’re killing me!! 😆😆) and they probably won’t be ready to do that until we know a little more about what the COVID situation might look like a year from now

Disney doesn’t want to announced plans that may not happen. Way too much uncertainty.

disney is going to make it happen. They are not going to lose out on the extra money that the 50th will bring. If I remember correctly the 25th was 15 month celebration so expect about the same for the 50th.

disney is going to make it happen. They are not going to lose out on the extra money that the 50th will bring. If I remember correctly the 25th was 15 month celebration so expect about the same for the 50th.
I didn’t say they wouldn’t. They aren’t going to announce something that they need to backtrack on right now though.

They don’t want to overbook. Obviously they still have the 50th celebration in mind, most of the stuff ending on September 26th, 2021 suggests as much. But I think because it’s a big anniversary, there’s enough people around the country that will book just to be there on Oct 1st and it’s best to keep the bookings at bay until they know more of what they’ll actually be able to provide in terms of rooms and parks capacity. Not to mention no one knows when international travel will be back, and that brings in a large chunk of people. If I were to guess, January/February we’ll get a clearer picture. It also generates hype. Everyone waiting and wondering when they’ll be able to book and then a big announcement. Just better off to wait

Rumour of 50th tix on sale today.

Edit: And they are on sale.

Last edited:
They don’t want to overbook. Obviously they still have the 50th celebration in mind, most of the stuff ending on September 26th, 2021 suggests as much. But I think because it’s a big anniversary, there’s enough people around the country that will book just to be there on Oct 1st and it’s best to keep the bookings at bay until they know more of what they’ll actually be able to provide in terms of rooms and parks capacity. Not to mention no one knows when international travel will be back, and that brings in a large chunk of people. If I were to guess, January/February we’ll get a clearer picture. It also generates hype. Everyone waiting and wondering when they’ll be able to book and then a big announcement. Just better off to wait

This aged really well. Never take advise from someone on the internet

No plans announced for what will be done however park reservations opened up for 9/22/21-late January 2022 today.....

it will be interesting to see how long it takes for October 1st 2021 to be at capacity for Magic Kingdom....really hoping that IF I renew my AP in April I still have a shot

No plans announced for what will be done however park reservations opened up for 9/22/21-late January 2022 today.....

it will be interesting to see how long it takes for October 1st 2021 to be at capacity for Magic Kingdom....really hoping that IF I renew my AP in April I still have a shot

I’d imagine that capacity will be back to normal, or close to by then. MK might be cutting it close. I’m in the same predicament where my AP doesn’t renew until the end of March and I’m not renewing it now.

Rumour of 50th tix on sale today.

Edit: And they are on sale.

Booked a 6 night package around 9/29-10/4. Not sure what the world will be like then but we wanted to have it locked in. I was able to book MK for 10/1. Excited to have something to look forward to. We always love the Fall at WDW with Halloween and Food and Wine Festival. It's nice to also have then 50th at the same time.

I booked for October 12-23, 2021, hoping to get in on the celebration. I have no desire to be there for the actual day on October 1st. I don’t need that much crazy in my life. I would imagine that the 50th will be celebrated for at least 15 months, perhaps longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts