Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

Looks like we're going to go back in September for a repeat Birthday/HHN trip! Hoping our dates overlap, @schumigirl so we can meet up! I feel like I know you guys from your trip report!!

Looks like we're going to go back in September for a repeat Birthday/HHN trip! Hoping our dates overlap, @schumigirl so we can meet up! I feel like I know you guys from your trip report!!

Yay for you going back.........Oh definitely......always up for a meet.......if you see me, you absolutely have to let me know who you are.......:thumbsup2

Hope you all can meet up

Very exciting to put a face with a name in person

It is always nice to put a face to a name.......we've met so many lovely people over the years from here........

Just finished your trip report. I love reading along. I was a little late finding it this year. Honestly after our summer trip June 2016 I knew reading the boards would make me anxious to get back, so I put off reading for a while. LOL. I really loved your report. All the pictures, food reviews & details really help others to plan, and of course is just plain fun to read! We enjoyed our 2 nights at RPR back in June and can't wait to go back. I think it's funny that some "Disney people" think they can't like both places. We love Disney and now that we have been to RPR & Universal, we love them too! Our summer family trips will now be split between both places. We only spent 3 days at Universal last summer and that wasn't nearly enough! So much left that we didn't even get around to doing. We are planning a much longer trip for 2019... I will have to pass the time reading your trip reports & tips. So glad you had a wonderful trip & made it back home safely!

Just finished your trip report. I love reading along. I was a little late finding it this year. Honestly after our summer trip June 2016 I knew reading the boards would make me anxious to get back, so I put off reading for a while. LOL. I really loved your report. All the pictures, food reviews & details really help others to plan, and of course is just plain fun to read! We enjoyed our 2 nights at RPR back in June and can't wait to go back. I think it's funny that some "Disney people" think they can't like both places. We love Disney and now that we have been to RPR & Universal, we love them too! Our summer family trips will now be split between both places. We only spent 3 days at Universal last summer and that wasn't nearly enough! So much left that we didn't even get around to doing. We are planning a much longer trip for 2019... I will have to pass the time reading your trip reports & tips. So glad you had a wonderful trip & made it back home safely!

How lovely to read your post!

Glad to hear you had such a lovely time at Universal........and fantastic to read you're going for a longer trip. You'll be able to do absolutely everything then......and so many new additions then too........exciting!!

Thank you for your lovely comments.......I'm so glad to read you enjoyed my report....and you have a good excuse for being a bit late........::yes:: :D and I really do appreciate the lovely comments.......:)

Loved reading your trip report. I just booked a trip to Universal and will be staying at RPR and loved seeing all your pictures.

Thanks.......glad you enjoyed reading.....

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip to Universal and especially RPR........it's a gorgeous resort :)

Hello:love1:! I am a little late joining the party here with trip reports, especially yours. It was great to learn so many things I didn't even notice in my past trips. These forums have helped me and my family have such great vacations. I have learned so much and was able to share the knowledge with my family to make our vacation even better. I love getting advice and tips from other posters. It was so wonderful to see how you two enjoy your trips together. It warmed my heart so much and really reminded me how precious life is and to enjoy it.:) I am going to go back and look at your other reports and hope I can learn more. I enjoyed seeing your pics with the haunted characters. I on the other hand am scared. We have our local six flags parks and when we go to fright fest I find myself skulking around corners and hiding.:scared:...It's funny because we went to Cedar Point ( love this amusement park) this year twice and once was at Halloween time. The good thing is they don't start their haunts till about 5:00 so I had the day to enjoy the park. What they do sell is No-Boo necklaces. These are big plastic light up ghosts and if you wear them they leave you alone. My DD and I are the scared ones so we bought them. It worked so good and we were able to walk around and see the park without being scared and enjoyed that. My DH and DD's boyfriend love the scary stuff. Thank you for a great report and showing me so many places we haven't seen. We are planning to move down in a couple of years so will be able to venture to all of them. We love the heat and living in the Northeast is just to cold for to long for us. I look forward to writing my trip report when we get back in August.

I do have a couple of questions. 1. You mentioned the resort guest entrance at the parks. Where is this? Is It new? I don't remember in 2016 having that. However, I could have missed it:D

Thank you:-)

Hello:love1:! I am a little late joining the party here with trip reports, especially yours. It was great to learn so many things I didn't even notice in my past trips. These forums have helped me and my family have such great vacations. I have learned so much and was able to share the knowledge with my family to make our vacation even better. I love getting advice and tips from other posters. It was so wonderful to see how you two enjoy your trips together. It warmed my heart so much and really reminded me how precious life is and to enjoy it.:) I am going to go back and look at your other reports and hope I can learn more. I enjoyed seeing your pics with the haunted characters. I on the other hand am scared. We have our local six flags parks and when we go to fright fest I find myself skulking around corners and hiding.:scared:...It's funny because we went to Cedar Point ( love this amusement park) this year twice and once was at Halloween time. The good thing is they don't start their haunts till about 5:00 so I had the day to enjoy the park. What they do sell is No-Boo necklaces. These are big plastic light up ghosts and if you wear them they leave you alone. My DD and I are the scared ones so we bought them. It worked so good and we were able to walk around and see the park without being scared and enjoyed that. My DH and DD's boyfriend love the scary stuff. Thank you for a great report and showing me so many places we haven't seen. We are planning to move down in a couple of years so will be able to venture to all of them. We love the heat and living in the Northeast is just to cold for to long for us. I look forward to writing my trip report when we get back in August.

I do have a couple of questions. 1. You mentioned the resort guest entrance at the parks. Where is this? Is It new? I don't remember in 2016 having that. However, I could have missed it:D

Thank you:-)

Thanks! Latecomers are welcome too.......:D

The resort guest entrance is for HHN only, and down to the right hand side of the main entrance. Usually opens till around 8pm. Avoids having to going through big queues when the masses go in.

How lovely you can move down there in a few years.........I love heat too, hate the cold.

I'm so glad you enjoyed reading and thank you for the lovely comments about my DH and I.......we adore each other's company.......much to the annoyance of some friends who like to tease us that we spend far too much time together........lol......no such thing!

Will look forward to reading your trip report when you write it.........:-)

Just finished reading your trip report. It was great! I am so jealous at how much time you spent there. I did have to quickly jump over your HHN photos, because I really want to go someday and I want to be completely surprised when I do:scared1: Loved all of the stuff you did around Orlando that's not Universal. We rarely do much outside the parks. Nothing can compete with an amusement park or hotel pool in the mind of a child. My son would love that you ate at Red Lobster and Longhorn Steakhouse. We have both close to our house, and he's always asking to go. RPR is really beautiful, and that suite was sweeeeeeeet! I liked seeing the restaurants at the hotels. We tend to eat at Citywalk or in the park; however, we did have a really good meal at Tchoup Tchoup on our last trip, which was adult only. Your pics of Sapphire Falls are cool too. Maybe if we go in the off season or get a really good rate, we could stay there. I am too attached to EP to stay at the other hotels. I don't get unfriendly people at the parks; however, I can be talkative and others just aren't.

I don't get the cheating on Disney thing. We love Disney, and it's the place that we went first and have been to the most. However, we love Universal. Memorial Day weekend will be our first Universal only trip. In December, DH and I skipped Universal due to time constraints. It made me a little sad. Both places are fabulous but completely different. I find Universal to be a more relaxing vacation than Disney, and it seems easier to do in a short time. Plus, everything is so close, and there's usually not much planning to do. I actually think the hotels are better quality, especially for the price. The simulator rides at Universal actually broke me out of my ride chicken mode, so that I could do all of the coasters at Disney and many of the rides at Universal. You are brave for doing Hulk, RRR, Dr Doom, and Dragon Challenge. I still can't bring myself to do them just yet.

Just finished reading your trip report. It was great! I am so jealous at how much time you spent there. I did have to quickly jump over your HHN photos, because I really want to go someday and I want to be completely surprised when I do:scared1: Loved all of the stuff you did around Orlando that's not Universal. We rarely do much outside the parks. Nothing can compete with an amusement park or hotel pool in the mind of a child. My son would love that you ate at Red Lobster and Longhorn Steakhouse. We have both close to our house, and he's always asking to go. RPR is really beautiful, and that suite was sweeeeeeeet! I liked seeing the restaurants at the hotels. We tend to eat at Citywalk or in the park; however, we did have a really good meal at Tchoup Tchoup on our last trip, which was adult only. Your pics of Sapphire Falls are cool too. Maybe if we go in the off season or get a really good rate, we could stay there. I am too attached to EP to stay at the other hotels. I don't get unfriendly people at the parks; however, I can be talkative and others just aren't.

I don't get the cheating on Disney thing. We love Disney, and it's the place that we went first and have been to the most. However, we love Universal. Memorial Day weekend will be our first Universal only trip. In December, DH and I skipped Universal due to time constraints. It made me a little sad. Both places are fabulous but completely different. I find Universal to be a more relaxing vacation than Disney, and it seems easier to do in a short time. Plus, everything is so close, and there's usually not much planning to do. I actually think the hotels are better quality, especially for the price. The simulator rides at Universal actually broke me out of my ride chicken mode, so that I could do all of the coasters at Disney and many of the rides at Universal. You are brave for doing Hulk, RRR, Dr Doom, and Dragon Challenge. I still can't bring myself to do them just yet.

Thanks soniam, so glad to read you enjoyed it.........I do babble on at times.......

Red Lobster and Longhorn are our cheap and cheerful must do's every trip......my American relatives find it funny we love RL.......we get a lot of teasing for that one.

Yes SF is beautiful, but we wouldn't be without EP either and RP is perfect for us. Everyone knows us so well there now, it really is like coming home.

I'm like you, I talk to everyone.......most are friendly, but yep, you always get a grumpy one now and again. And yes that phrase cheating on Disney is one thing I don't understand........weird.

I know what you mean about the bigger thrill rides at Universal. Our first year I wouldn't do Hulk. I wanted to so badly but was just too scared. 2nd visit I just marched up to it and went on.......I had spent the whole year between visits grumbling I hadn't done it........once I was harnessed in I was petrified........then we set off......and I realised how much I had been missing! Loved it.......and that was me hooked on coasters.....:D

Oh and you'll love HHN when you do get around to doing it........amazing event!

Again, thanks for reading and for the lovely comments..........:)

longhorn is underrated and underappreciated. :thumbsup2 I've had far more expensive steaks that weren't nearly as good. Love that place.

Hi. I know I am way late to this trip report, but am planning our first trip to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and trying to decide between Royal Pacific and Hard Rock Hotel. I noticed you are a frequent visitor to Royal Pacific, so thought this would be a good report to check out.
Only on page one, so still a lot to read lol

:flower1:

@schumigirl It's not weird that I'm looking forward to your vacation this year almost as much as I'm looking forward to mine! :cool1: You'll be back and have had started your trippie before we leave! Sooooo looking forward to your TR!

Hi. I know I am way late to this trip report, but am planning our first trip to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure and trying to decide between Royal Pacific and Hard Rock Hotel. I noticed you are a frequent visitor to Royal Pacific, so thought this would be a good report to check out.
Only on page one, so still a lot to read lol

:flower1:

Late or not......Welcome........hope you enjoy reading it........I do babble on at times........

We love RPR........nowhere quite like it for us when we are in Orlando. But, HRH is a lovely hotel too.......not a bad choice to be made.

@schumigirl It's not weird that I'm looking forward to your vacation this year almost as much as I'm looking forward to mine! :cool1: You'll be back and have had started your trippie before we leave! Sooooo looking forward to your TR!

Lol.........I'm so glad to hear it..........and no it's not weird at all........:D

Thanks.........hope you enjoy the new one too.........:)

SUNDAY 18TH CONTINUED..........

We had to wander back in to the Halloween store that had popped up near Mummy......it is cute and has some good stuff in it.......The staff here enthuse about the event when you speak to them and enjoy hearing what you think about it.....and like all other employees they are happy to take pictures of you in there......

i-jJVZszx-XL.jpg

i-2f2jgQ7-XL.jpg

i-vDBsVtq-XL.jpg

i-8mdPhSr-XL.jpg

i-pnqq4nP-XL.jpg

We both had drinks, I had 2 glasses of white wine and Tom had 2 beers.......then we moved over to the comfy chairs after we had eaten and watched the rain and some tv. We didn't last too long after that and we went up to our room and were soon asleep.

Parks tomorrow..........

I quoted this post as I love the pic with Michael and Haddonfield written on it. I Grew up 2 towns over from Haddonfield and it made me chuckle.

Really enjoying your report. Still have about 14 more pages to read lol

I quoted this post as I love the pic with Michael and Haddonfield written on it. I Grew up 2 towns over from Haddonfield and it made me chuckle.

Really enjoying your report. Still have about 14 more pages to read lol

:eek::eek:

lol.......as an 11 year old who watched Halloween when she shouldn't have been......:rolleyes1 I would have been freaked out living close to the town with THAT name.......:D I love those pictures too.........

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.........:)

Quick question, I'm reading through this now and getting really excited about gong to universal. I was wondering about halloween horror nights. You seem to have express passes for HHN for at least 2 nights so far. Do you buy the express pass separately for each night or is there someway to buy it for multiple nights?

Quick question, I'm reading through this now and getting really excited about gong to universal. I was wondering about halloween horror nights. You seem to have express passes for HHN for at least 2 nights so far. Do you buy the express pass separately for each night or is there someway to buy it for multiple nights?

We buy the Rush of Fear ticket with Express Pass. You can buy it with or without EP. You can buy a Frequent Fear pass too with or without EP or just buy for individual nights.

The Rush of Fear is a fantastic buy for us that can go 10 nights in one trip as it covers first 3 weeks of the event.

We wouldn't do HHN without EP. Even on so called quiet nights queues can be horrendous. Opening night last year saw very long queues.

The HHN website has all the ticket info :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!