Does FOP make anyone else sick?

My niece rode FoP, was nauseous and then rode Everest. She got off and puked.

Do you have astigmatism? My glasses make it hard to “see” 3D effects, so all of those rides have a tendency to make me nauseated.

In November we had fast passes for Flight, but had no idea what to expect. We had the luck of walking the distance to the ride next to a CM who was reporting to work at the ride, so we chatted as we walked. She helped me ease into it with the conversation. I do not like IMAX type experiences and then add in movement. I can do Soarin', but I had the trembles going into Flight. I really feared it was going to ruin the rest of my day. When you get on the seat and it tightens up, I was like OMG, this is not going to go well.

I had no issues. When I thought I might, I ended up looking around. It was fun to see how many people are actually around you and how they jam us all in. I then could return my attention to the ride and just go with the flow.

I did it once, and YES i got sick. 3D rides (motion simulator rides) make me nauseous. Sadly, I cant do this ride ever again. Its just not worth it for me.

Other rides that make me nauseous is Star Tours, Mission Space, EE (its the backwards part), and RnRc. 🤢

If I close my eyes during the strobe-like light flashes at the beginning and end of the ride, it makes it a lot better. I think its those flashing lights that do it to me. For comparison, the only other rides to give me that uneasy feeling are any type of tea cup ride, and Forbidden Journey at UO.

I usually have to look away a couple of times during the ride just to stabilize my brain for a second - I'll use the chance to look left or right to see where I am in the room and what's going on. Basically anything stable. :-)

I have also found if I let my body and mind "go with the movement" vs the reaction to fight it/get tense, I can ward off truly bad motion sickness.
Same!

The first time I rode it I got queasy... but every time after that, I take DEEP breaths while I am on it and keep my focus on one thing and I am fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!