Does giving up diet soft drinks make a difference?

bunny

DIS Veteran
Hi, I am new to this board, but I have been lurking for a while. I have been trying to diet since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately I have been just losing and gaining the same five pounds. For some reason I can't seem to get going. And I have 2 really good reasons to lose weight. First of all, we are going on a Disney cruise in 7 weeks. Second, we want to make a baby on that cruise. LOL. Anyway I am back on program today and am wondering how giving up Diet Coke would help my diet. I drink approximately 6 cans a day. Anyone have any experience with this? TIA.

Hi bunny and welcome! I can only speak from personal experience. GIVE IT UP, or cut back! I too was drinking 6 cans a day (at least) and am now down to 2-3 a week! They say that diet soda stimulates your appetite. It is bad for you, too. No nutritional value. Substitute what you are drinking with water. You will see a huge difference!

Bunny, I can't speak on the diet soda because I drink regular Pepsi. I too was drinking about 6 cans a day and I have not had one since last Mon. I was planning to allow myself some over the weekend, but I really didn't want one. We even had cheeseburgers one night and that definitely calls for a Pepsi, but I really didn't want one. I thought I would never say that! The water truly makes you feel better within a day or two of drinking it....the thought of having a Pepsi was actually not even appealing. Try just drinking water all day for the next couple of days....you will notice a difference!:) My skins looks better and my jeans are loosening up!

I think giving up the pop and replacing it with water is the best bet. I'm in the process of doing that too.

BUT....I did have a friend who switched from full strength pop to diet and lost 12 pounds over the course of a year. He kept everything else pretty much the same (diet and exercise)

I don't know about the scientific aspects of it, but I'm doing pretty well while drinking about a 6-pack a day. I'll usually head for a diet coke instead of eating. It gives me something with taste and no calories. You just have to avoid the snacks that often go along with cokes. LOL.

Just for me, giving up any kind of soda always helps.
Good luck to you , bunny and have a great time on that cruise! I hope a baby is conceived there. ;) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter