Does the Blue Bayou take ADR's??

Skylarr29

DIS Veteran
I am reading a guide book that says the ressies can only be made the same day for the blue bayou and to make your ressier when you enter the park. Is this true?? or is it 60 days ahead?? TIA... I know I have way too many questions lol!

You can definitely make them in advance. While not always necessary, I would reccomend it to be safe. Have fun!

Blue Bayou is only one of two sit down, full service restaurants inside Disneyland that serves lunch and dinner, Carnation Cafe being the other one. Therefore, it gets very busy. I have been to Disneyland in some very off seasons, before the 50th got started and it was still always packed. You can make reservations up to 60 days in advance by calling: 714-781-3463. We have always enjoyed ourselves very much at this restaurant and prefer lunch over dinner, its cheaper and they serve the famous Monte Cristo!

Thanks guys I thought so but after reading that I wanted to make sure . The Birnbaums guide says same day ressies only.

Hmmmm...we've never made advanced ressies. We've always done it the same day. We have a routine. Indiana Jones first...then head over to Blue Bayou and make a lunch ressie for 2pm. :)

Well I guess some people are luckier than me! The one time I attempted to make a reservation the day of, I was unable to. I also frequently see people being turned away while we wait for our table. The bottom line and answer to the op's question is they do take reservations so if possible, make one. Better safe than sorry.

It's possible that at the time we went, you only could ressies the same day and that's why it was possible for me to get the ressie. I seem to remember that I couldn't make the advanced ressie and that's why we had to rush over there as soon as we entered the park.

I'm glad to know we can do it now.

I guess it depends on when you are there. We were there in early December and had an ADR for Blue Bayou. While waiting for our friends to join us we watched many many people try to get same day reservations only to be told that they were all booked for that day (Friday) and the next.

You really should make a PS for the Blue Bayou as it's getting hard and hard to get in.

There are many days they don't take walk ups.

we (2 of us) were there last spring and made reservations about a week prior for dinner. Showed up at resv. time and walked right in. This was the best way for us.

NancyIL said:
We'll be at Disneyland the week after Pirates is scheduled to close for refurbishment. Is BB always closed when Pirates is closed?

According to Mouseplanet, Blue Bayou will be closed during the Pirates rehab.

NancyIL said:
We'll be at Disneyland the week after Pirates is scheduled to close for refurbishment. Is BB always closed when Pirates is closed?

From what I have heard the blue bayou will be closed during the refurb.

When we were there in August on a Sat, the BB had nothing open until the following Monday. We waited for about 20 minutes for the table and numerous people attempted to get ressies. We did make our ressie 60 days in advance. You can always vacate the ressie. But you can not get a table when everything is booked. The Monte Cristo sat in a pool of grease, it was extremely noisey, the prime rib was a little over cooked but good, the lamb was supurb. You can not beat being next to POTC. Great people watching.

Jack pirate:

Not sure how old your guidebook is. Up until a few years ago, the only way to get in to BB was to make a mad dash at park opening and hope for the best. They do now take Priority Seating requests. Most of the time you'll need to call well in advance. It has become more and more popular. There are still the rare occaisions when you can get a table same day, but not very often.

And yes, the BB is always closed when Pirates is closed. It would just ruin the whole atomosphere to either look into an empty river or have a huge tarp along the edge of the restaurant.

got2travel said:
Not sure how old your guidebook is. Up until a few years ago, the only way to get in to BB was to make a mad dash at park opening and hope for the best. They do now take Priority Seating requests. Most of the time you'll need to call well in advance. It has become more and more popular. There are still the rare occaisions when you can get a table same day, but not very often.

And yes, the BB is always closed when Pirates is closed. It would just ruin the whole atomosphere to either look into an empty river or have a huge tarp along the edge of the restaurant.

I just bought the 2006 edition. Thats why I was confused! ! lol

Just called last week for an ADR at BB for February 12th and got 11:30 first sitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter