Does this sound right? MYW + Free Dining

Belle0101

Nothing to see here.
Called today and booked 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child for 10 nights using the MYW + Free Dining Package (purchased 1 MYW base ticket per person since we have APs).

Found out later that DH can't leave as early as we hoped so he will only be there for 7 nights. I called back to have the reservation reflect the change.

I was told that I could A:)either leave it the way it was OR B:) cancel him for the first part and then add him in on the day he arrives OR C:)cancel all of us for the second half (the day he arrives) and have us under an entirely new reservation.

I asked if / how any of the options would affect the price and the CM said that if I picked option B he would not be eligible for the Dining or have a MYW ticket but our price would not change from what I am already paying. We didn't discuss price with option C.

So I'm wondering, is the MYW package price based on per person? If it is then I'm paying extra for someone who is not there. At the same time, I'll be getting dining credits to use for a person who is not there.

Any ideas? I've never booked a package before so it's all new and a little confusing to me.

Thanks for your help!

Ok.. I am sure I will get beaten up here but I say leave him and use the extra dinning credits.. (not really taking advantage as it is free already) The park hopper tickets don't matter cause you are only getting one day but that is just MHO.. To have 2 reservations may be a pain and i guess what does it matter... Ok go ahead... beat me up!!! ;-)

packages are per person for things like tickets and dining. when you make the reservation, they tag all the "package features" to each individual on the reservation.

i agree that you should keep him on it, and make some signature reservations and/or character breakfasts.

i agree completely about keeping him on the ressie (option A) as he can use the ticket when he arrives, you can easily use up his meal credits either before he gets there or after or a combination of both (HDDR will use an extra 4 sit downs!) and counter service meals can be shared between you and the kids as snacks, using your snack credits for extra water bottles or something! LOL!

if you go w/the split ressie option, you will have to get a one day myw ticket for each person with each package, therefore getting two... at the highest per day ticket price to boot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter